DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

This truck is AWESOME!

2K views 41 replies 39 participants last post by  LPGHemi 
#1 ·
#27 ·
You mean there's a truck under that pile of parts? I think it's too bad it's not a dually anymore....

#29 ·
With a truck lifted like that, you better have some mud flaps on, or you'll be pulled over more than a few times during a week(end) in most places...

#30 ·
Is that a brake disc sticking off the rear diff?

#34 ·
is it just me, or do all these overpriced custom jobs on eBay have ominously weak custom POS suspensions on them?

#35 ·
ppp1182 said:
is it just me, or do all these overpriced custom jobs on eBay have ominously weak custom POS suspensions on them?
Weak? Which parts in particular? The four link would be very stout front and rear and it's complete with track bars for extra stability. Your gonna have a hard time finding a better overall suspension than a triangulated four link...of course i might be a little biased.
If the fact that's it's custom is a problem, i'll take beefy custom over out of the box bolt on brackets any day.

Did anyone notice the full hydro steering? That can be a sticking point in some states as far as legality goes. From what i understand you lose all the steering feedback at the wheel when you go full hydro. Some designs also have a problem with the steering wheel not returning to center on it's own while driving.

#36 ·
That's crazy and overkill.
I wouldn't pay for that...there's other things I could spend 50K on.

Like my truck!! :D

#38 ·
The long arms are short for the amount of lift, creating less than ideal force distribution. Also, the bracket mounts look to be over complex, thin, and lacking reinforcement parallel to the load force created by those short "long" arms. Basically, I've seen much better custom set ups.

#39 ·
Sure would be nice filling up every 10 blocks

#40 ·
StarterKit said:
That's crazy and overkill.
I wouldn't pay for that...there's other things I could spend 50K on.

Like my truck!! :D
Or 50k on the women standing alongside the truck :D

#41 ·
Most states out west, if you have a lift over so many inches or tires that stick out so far, you HAVE to the mud flaps or its big fines. Once off road, just take'm off.

#42 ·
Yep....you loose ALL feel using hydraulic steering. Plus, as you say, it does not return to center either.
Plus, if the hydraulics went out, there's NO WAY anyone could use the steering wheel to steer that thing. Not even Arnold Swartzenegger LOL.
I know, I have driven a similar set up see pic.
Al.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.