Flashing check engine light - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 03-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Adde
Rollin on 20's

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Flashing check engine light

This morning, I hit the accelerator hard after only having the car started about 5min, yea i live at one of thoese crossings with 500million cars passing that you have to wait, so when you see a chance you take it. Suddenly my check engine light flashes, i slow down and hit the accelerator again to see if its going to do the same thing, it does same thing happends. I go to class and im heading to work so I try the same thing and this time nothing happends. wtF?

anyone know what the problem can be. It was real humid this morning but rainy ( I live in IL)

2000 Dodge Durango 5.9L 4wd
---
Selling: http://dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46795
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Unnamed
Pimp On Sir Don

Do the key trick and get us the code, it 'should' work since technically your PCM wasn't reset. IDK.

It coulda just misfired when you floored it. When was your last tune up/ injector cleaning? IDK how the CEL behaves on the D with misfires. On my wife's Kia when it misfired, it would stay on.

BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET
#3 Old 03-09-2006, 02:14 PM
rockadaous
Keystoner

see if it downloaded a code. you can swing by autozone and get it done for free also. let us know

rock
99 SLT+ 4X4 (5.2/318 & 44RE trans)
Patriot Blue (3.55 axle ratio)
Interior mods
APC rev glow gauges*Lotek Gauge Pod w/APC gauges*Nu-Image A/C & light panel*Redline shifter*Pilot titanium mesh pedals*Nu-Image gauge bezel*dodge logo door sills*blue jel light covers*Phoenix imaging interior
Exterior mods
Keystone kit*Cervinis SS Hood*Keystone Spoiler*Billet gas door*Altezza tail lights*Diamond cut euro headlights & parks*SS speed grille*3A Racing fog lights*APC M3 mirrors* MB Motoring Smoothies 20X10*Goodyear Eagle GT II 275/45/20*Pilot billet antenna*chrome differential cover*shaved roof rack*vent visors*APC bulbs*smiley grill*reflex shocks*drilled & slotted rotors*hawk HPS pads*TFP handle covers*2" drop"debadged
Engine mods
Intense performance stage II CAI w/9" big mouth filter*mopar valve covers*TD billet engine caps*180 T-stat*IAT Sensor Mod*GSport radiator hose*Goodyear gatorback S-belt*Flowmaster 40 series muffler*Dual exhaust*synthetic fluids*yellow loomz*brass cap & rotor* BP billet fuse cover*AL 3923 plugs*

http://members.cardomain.com/durang0

#4 Old 03-09-2006, 07:36 PM
Adde
Rollin on 20's

(Thread Starter)
whats the key trick? haha sry, n yea im gonna change the spark plugs since idk when the previous owner did it, should i get an injector cleaning also? ouch thoese are expensive . but yea sure would like to get that code so how to do the key trick?

---
#5 Old 03-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Unnamed
Pimp On Sir Don

begin with the key in the ON position with the car NOT started.

Follow the sequence: OFF - ON - OFF - ON -OFF - ON (ON NOT START)

Then watch the odometer. It will display any stored codes. Write them down and then post them back here.

BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET BIDET
#6 Old 03-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Adde
Rollin on 20's

(Thread Starter)
says p done when i do it guess it didnt store anything.

---
#7 Old 03-10-2006, 08:58 AM
n-gin

Lightbulb

When your chech engine light flashes that means that you are doing harm to your catalytic convertor. Usually Running rich. If your spark plugs are old it will cause your engine to run rich due to the gapping being more on the plug due to wear. The same thing applys to platinum plugs. If the tip falls off the gap increases .02 more and starts to run rich. If all the plugs are bad you will get a P01.. code, usually " BANK ONE OR TWO RUNNING RICH" or "IR FUEL RATIO OUT OF CALIBRATION"
Check the plugs.

Parma Heights, Ohio
2002 Durango 4x4, 4.7 w/tornado, K+N, 3.92 gears LSD, T/S lift of 2.5 inches. R\T rims Cooper tires.
2005 Neon Electric Blue w/SRT sway bars tint on front and side widows. 2 Rockford Fosgate 12 inch subs fiberglassed in the spare tire holder. JL Audio 6x9 in rear deck, Cadence 6.5 3 inch voice coils in front doors. Three separat apms for each pair of speakers. Fully insulated body with Rubberized under coating, Rammat and insolight. 149.8 SPL. Two 1200 Kinetic capacitor batteries.
2005 neon Flame Red w/tint on side
I also work full time with the state of Ohio Department of Transportation.
#8 Old 03-10-2006, 09:01 AM
n-gin

The computer does not monitor the plugs. But it does monitor the upstream and down stream O2 for cat efficiency. Since it was warm it was in closed loop and reading the sensors.

Parma Heights, Ohio
2002 Durango 4x4, 4.7 w/tornado, K+N, 3.92 gears LSD, T/S lift of 2.5 inches. R\T rims Cooper tires.
2005 Neon Electric Blue w/SRT sway bars tint on front and side widows. 2 Rockford Fosgate 12 inch subs fiberglassed in the spare tire holder. JL Audio 6x9 in rear deck, Cadence 6.5 3 inch voice coils in front doors. Three separat apms for each pair of speakers. Fully insulated body with Rubberized under coating, Rammat and insolight. 149.8 SPL. Two 1200 Kinetic capacitor batteries.
2005 neon Flame Red w/tint on side
I also work full time with the state of Ohio Department of Transportation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.