Flashing check engine light - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 1st Gen (98 - 03) Forums > 1G Dodge Durango General Talk

Closed Thread

Adde

Flashing check engine light - Posted: 03-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Rollin on 20's
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #1

This morning, I hit the accelerator hard after only having the car started about 5min, yea i live at one of thoese crossings with 500million cars passing that you have to wait, so when you see a chance you take it. Suddenly my check engine light flashes, i slow down and hit the accelerator again to see if its going to do the same thing, it does same thing happends. I go to class and im heading to work so I try the same thing and this time nothing happends. wtF?

anyone know what the problem can be. It was real humid this morning but rainy ( I live in IL)
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unnamed

Posted: 03-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Pimp On Sir Don
City: Belleville
State: MI
Post #2

Do the key trick and get us the code, it 'should' work since technically your PCM wasn't reset. IDK.

It coulda just misfired when you floored it. When was your last tune up/ injector cleaning? IDK how the CEL behaves on the D with misfires. On my wife's Kia when it misfired, it would stay on.

rockadaous

Posted: 03-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Keystoner
City: N.C.
State: NC
Post #3

see if it downloaded a code. you can swing by autozone and get it done for free also. let us know

rock
99 SLT+ 4X4 (5.2/318 & 44RE trans)
Patriot Blue (3.55 axle ratio)
Interior mods
APC rev glow gauges*Lotek Gauge Pod w/APC gauges*Nu-Image A/C & light panel*Redline shifter*Pilot titanium mesh pedals*Nu-Image gauge bezel*dodge logo door sills*blue jel light covers*Phoenix imaging interior
Exterior mods
Keystone kit*Cervinis SS Hood*Keystone Spoiler*Billet gas door*Altezza tail lights*Diamond cut euro headlights & parks*SS speed grille*3A Racing fog lights*APC M3 mirrors* MB Motoring Smoothies 20X10*Goodyear Eagle GT II 275/45/20*Pilot billet antenna*chrome differential cover*shaved roof rack*vent visors*APC bulbs*smiley grill*reflex shocks*drilled & slotted rotors*hawk HPS pads*TFP handle covers*2" drop"debadged
Engine mods
Intense performance stage II CAI w/9" big mouth filter*mopar valve covers*TD billet engine caps*180 T-stat*IAT Sensor Mod*GSport radiator hose*Goodyear gatorback S-belt*Flowmaster 40 series muffler*Dual exhaust*synthetic fluids*yellow loomz*brass cap & rotor* BP billet fuse cover*AL 3923 plugs*

http://members.cardomain.com/durang0

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Adde

Posted: 03-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Rollin on 20's
Post #4

whats the key trick? haha sry, n yea im gonna change the spark plugs since idk when the previous owner did it, should i get an injector cleaning also? ouch thoese are expensive . but yea sure would like to get that code so how to do the key trick?

Unnamed

Posted: 03-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Pimp On Sir Don
City: Belleville
State: MI
Post #5

begin with the key in the ON position with the car NOT started.

Follow the sequence: OFF - ON - OFF - ON -OFF - ON (ON NOT START)

Then watch the odometer. It will display any stored codes. Write them down and then post them back here.

Adde

Posted: 03-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Rollin on 20's
Post #6

says p done when i do it guess it didnt store anything.

n-gin

Lightbulb  Posted: 03-10-2006, 07:58 AM
City: Parma Heights
State: OH
View This User's Garage
Post #7

When your chech engine light flashes that means that you are doing harm to your catalytic convertor. Usually Running rich. If your spark plugs are old it will cause your engine to run rich due to the gapping being more on the plug due to wear. The same thing applys to platinum plugs. If the tip falls off the gap increases .02 more and starts to run rich. If all the plugs are bad you will get a P01.. code, usually " BANK ONE OR TWO RUNNING RICH" or "IR FUEL RATIO OUT OF CALIBRATION"
Check the plugs.
2005 Neon Electric Blue w/SRT sway bars tint on front and side widows. 2 Rockford Fosgate 12 inch subs fiberglassed in the spare tire holder. JL Audio 6x9 in rear deck, Cadence 6.5 3 inch voice coils in front doors. Three separat apms for each pair of speakers. Fully insulated body with Rubberized under coating, Rammat and insolight. 149.8 SPL. Two 1200 Kinetic capacitor batteries.
2005 neon Flame Red w/tint on side
I also work full time with the state of Ohio Department of Transportation.

n-gin

Posted: 03-10-2006, 08:01 AM
City: Parma Heights
State: OH
View This User's Garage
Post #8

The computer does not monitor the plugs. But it does monitor the upstream and down stream O2 for cat efficiency. Since it was warm it was in closed loop and reading the sensors.
2005 Neon Electric Blue w/SRT sway bars tint on front and side widows. 2 Rockford Fosgate 12 inch subs fiberglassed in the spare tire holder. JL Audio 6x9 in rear deck, Cadence 6.5 3 inch voice coils in front doors. Three separat apms for each pair of speakers. Fully insulated body with Rubberized under coating, Rammat and insolight. 149.8 SPL. Two 1200 Kinetic capacitor batteries.
2005 neon Flame Red w/tint on side
I also work full time with the state of Ohio Department of Transportation.
Closed Thread