power steering pressure sensor?? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 1st Gen (98 - 03) Forums > 1G Dodge Durango - Drivetrain Talk

Closed Thread

bgb443

power steering pressure sensor?? - Posted: 01-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Post #1

I have a 2000 Durango slt+ and the engine light came on today, so I went to advance auto where they check codes for FREE!!
and the guy told me it was the power steering pressure sensor, so we poped the hood and had a look around the power steering fluid reservior and I pulled what looked like the wires out of the sensor and they looked wet and the guy was like yup that looks like thats the problem..well advance auto didn't have the part in their system and when i went back out and started the truck the engine light was off, so I know that must of been the problem.. so now I need to find this mystery part.. does anybody know what I'm talking about or better yet does anybody have or know where I can get a schematic of the power steering reservior or the engine in general? I have a hanyes manual but it's at home and I'm on the road for work and there's no way I could talk the wife thru finding this on the phone without a fight ensueing.. so can anybody help?
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

rudegirl

Posted: 01-30-2006, 07:30 PM
watchout4girlsintrucks
State: CA
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #2

The PS Pressure switch is a dealer part-about $25. Make sure you replace it, because mine went out, PS fluid traveled through the wire harness into the o2 sensors...ruining them. I had to replace all 4 o2 sensors, because of a $25 part.
*Dodgetalk.com 287 Enthusiast Member (member#10)*
2000 SLT+ 4X4
Light Driftwood Satin Glow
Airraid intake
Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust
Billet Grille
Edlebrock Shocks
Opima Red Top Battery
American Racing Wheels/BF Goodrich T/A KO 31X10.50/15
Clear Corners/Sylvania Silverstars
Kenwood KDC-MPV622 Deck w/Sirius Satellite Radio
Front JL Component Speakers
iPod Converter w/30GB Video iPod

Other Vehicles:
1967 VW Bug
2006 Honda Civic SI (Hubby's Ride)
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

bgb443

Posted: 01-30-2006, 07:33 PM
Post #3

This is what the guy at advanced said, that this part probably wasn't a big deal to replace but that I should do it soon so that the fluid doens't travel the line and ruin other parts..

Do you happen to know the part number? I Couldn't find it on dodgeparts.com (or the part by its name for that matter) or if I call the dealer will they know what I am talking about when I say "power steering pressure sensor"?

bgb443

Posted: 01-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Post #4

I called the dealer, they knew what the part was.. it runs about 31$. I'm picking it up today, any advice on putting this on? Should I drain the power steering reservior before I attempt to do this or should I just "work quickly" and top off the reservior once the new sensor is in? This sensor is inline below the reservior.

rudegirl

Posted: 01-31-2006, 06:13 PM
watchout4girlsintrucks
State: CA
Post #5

No need to drain the fluid-it should just snap into place.
*Dodgetalk.com 287 Enthusiast Member (member#10)*
2000 SLT+ 4X4
Light Driftwood Satin Glow
Airraid intake
Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust
Billet Grille
Edlebrock Shocks
Opima Red Top Battery
American Racing Wheels/BF Goodrich T/A KO 31X10.50/15
Clear Corners/Sylvania Silverstars
Kenwood KDC-MPV622 Deck w/Sirius Satellite Radio
Front JL Component Speakers
iPod Converter w/30GB Video iPod

Other Vehicles:
1967 VW Bug
2006 Honda Civic SI (Hubby's Ride)

jmac2000dge

Posted: 01-31-2006, 10:27 PM
City: Fredericton, NB, Canada
State: NB
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

Very easy to change out. Just unscrews out. Use a back up wrench so ya don't twist the line. Some fluid may drain out. Then put new one in, reconnect the electrical connector.

barkat

Posted: 02-11-2006, 11:22 AM
aluminum member
City: Park Hills,MO
State: MO
Post #7

Just wanted to second what rudegirl was saying. Get it done quick! Same thime happened to me, cost me $89 a piece for two O2 sensors, and $450 for a new PCM! Again all for a $30 part!
2000 Durango SLT+, 4X4, 4.7L. 45RFE Tranny, 9.25 Limited slip with 3.55 gearing, Vent visors, Chrome rear diff. cover, custom $10 grill, Autolite 3924, chrome air intake, bug deflector, Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks, Still to come: engine dress up kit, mud flaps, exhaust system, and probaly a bunch more stuff I havent even thought of yet!
Closed Thread