power steering pressure sensor?? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 01-30-2006, 07:12 PM
bgb443

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
power steering pressure sensor??

I have a 2000 Durango slt+ and the engine light came on today, so I went to advance auto where they check codes for FREE!!
and the guy told me it was the power steering pressure sensor, so we poped the hood and had a look around the power steering fluid reservior and I pulled what looked like the wires out of the sensor and they looked wet and the guy was like yup that looks like thats the problem..well advance auto didn't have the part in their system and when i went back out and started the truck the engine light was off, so I know that must of been the problem.. so now I need to find this mystery part.. does anybody know what I'm talking about or better yet does anybody have or know where I can get a schematic of the power steering reservior or the engine in general? I have a hanyes manual but it's at home and I'm on the road for work and there's no way I could talk the wife thru finding this on the phone without a fight ensueing.. so can anybody help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-30-2006, 07:30 PM
rudegirl
watchout4girlsintrucks

The PS Pressure switch is a dealer part-about $25. Make sure you replace it, because mine went out, PS fluid traveled through the wire harness into the o2 sensors...ruining them. I had to replace all 4 o2 sensors, because of a $25 part.

*Dodgetalk.com 287 Enthusiast Member (member#10)*
2000 SLT+ 4X4
Light Driftwood Satin Glow
Airraid intake
Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust
Billet Grille
Edlebrock Shocks
Opima Red Top Battery
American Racing Wheels/BF Goodrich T/A KO 31X10.50/15
Clear Corners/Sylvania Silverstars
Kenwood KDC-MPV622 Deck w/Sirius Satellite Radio
Front JL Component Speakers
iPod Converter w/30GB Video iPod

Other Vehicles:
1967 VW Bug
2006 Honda Civic SI (Hubby's Ride)
#3 Old 01-30-2006, 07:33 PM
bgb443

(Thread Starter)
This is what the guy at advanced said, that this part probably wasn't a big deal to replace but that I should do it soon so that the fluid doens't travel the line and ruin other parts..

Do you happen to know the part number? I Couldn't find it on dodgeparts.com (or the part by its name for that matter) or if I call the dealer will they know what I am talking about when I say "power steering pressure sensor"?
#4 Old 01-31-2006, 01:44 PM
bgb443

(Thread Starter)
I called the dealer, they knew what the part was.. it runs about 31$. I'm picking it up today, any advice on putting this on? Should I drain the power steering reservior before I attempt to do this or should I just "work quickly" and top off the reservior once the new sensor is in? This sensor is inline below the reservior.
#5 Old 01-31-2006, 06:13 PM
rudegirl
watchout4girlsintrucks

No need to drain the fluid-it should just snap into place.

*Dodgetalk.com 287 Enthusiast Member (member#10)*
2000 SLT+ 4X4
Light Driftwood Satin Glow
Airraid intake
Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust
Billet Grille
Edlebrock Shocks
Opima Red Top Battery
American Racing Wheels/BF Goodrich T/A KO 31X10.50/15
Clear Corners/Sylvania Silverstars
Kenwood KDC-MPV622 Deck w/Sirius Satellite Radio
Front JL Component Speakers
iPod Converter w/30GB Video iPod

Other Vehicles:
1967 VW Bug
2006 Honda Civic SI (Hubby's Ride)
#6 Old 01-31-2006, 10:27 PM
jmac2000dge

Very easy to change out. Just unscrews out. Use a back up wrench so ya don't twist the line. Some fluid may drain out. Then put new one in, reconnect the electrical connector.

2000 D, SLT+, 4.7L, Platinum w/leather
32" BFG MT's on eagle alloys series 117
T/S Lift, AAL's, 3" BL
#7 Old 02-11-2006, 11:22 AM
barkat
aluminum member

Just wanted to second what rudegirl was saying. Get it done quick! Same thime happened to me, cost me $89 a piece for two O2 sensors, and $450 for a new PCM! Again all for a $30 part!

2000 Durango SLT+, 4X4, 4.7L. 45RFE Tranny, 9.25 Limited slip with 3.55 gearing, Vent visors, Chrome rear diff. cover, custom $10 grill, Autolite 3924, chrome air intake, bug deflector, Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks, Still to come: engine dress up kit, mud flaps, exhaust system, and probaly a bunch more stuff I havent even thought of yet!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.