CD stuck in player - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

davea147

CD stuck in player - Posted: 01-07-2006, 10:17 AM
State: NY
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

My new Johnny Cash CD is stuck in the player, it will play, just won't eject. Any ideas how to get it out, it's just the stock am/ fm cd player.
Thanks Dave
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

sherdep

Posted: 01-07-2006, 10:24 AM
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
City: Saint Cloud Florida
State: FL
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
View This User's Timeslip
Post #2

does it give you any error message on the display?
Maybe turn the key off hit the eject button holding it and turn the ignition on and see if it ejects the CD you could also try to reset the radio and then try to eject the CD
Fram Boost CAI
Hellwig Rear sway Bar
Train Horns with a Viar420C and a 5 Gallon Air Tank
Dynatech Long Tube Headers - Great fit but Dynatech's support is lacking
DynoMax Part # 19413 Single Cat Back Exhaust
If you need to contact me - please send me an email due to not being on here as much as I used to.

Some get it and some will never get it

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Thor20003

Posted: 01-07-2006, 11:35 AM
State: OK
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

Mine did the same thing but would not play either. Dealership replaced with a new unit and got the CD out for me.

blawson7

Posted: 01-07-2006, 11:58 AM
City: Garland
State: TX
Post #4

I believe most CD players will automatically eject CDs if power is turned off. If nothing else works, try removing the ground cable from your battery and see if the stereo doesn't automatically eject.

I had one in a previous truck. My girlfriend and I were parking and listening to a CD while running the fan (it was definitely hot in there and we live in Texas). The battery suddenly died (because I was young, stupid, and didn't have the engine running). Anyway, the CD automatically ejected out of the stereo. The funny thing is that it was dark and I didn't expect the CD to eject. I was startled by the battery dying and when I jumped up to try to crack the truck, I hit the disk with my leg and broke it in half.

Just thought I'd share that little anecdote since it was related.

dieselracer

Posted: 01-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Diesel enthusiast
City: Citrus Heights, CA
State: CA
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #5

A prybar and a couple of screwdrivers worked for me, then I just went to Best Buy and bought a Pioneer CD player. The sound quality is leaps and bounds above the stock unit.
MBRP Resonator with custom side exit exhaust
BullyDog Triple Dog w/ Crazy Larry
Autometer 0-60 boost gauge and pyro gauge
Rokktech timing sensor
Line-x spray in bed liner
Overload airbags and smart leveling valve
Eagle Alloy 102 17x9" wheels and 315x70R17 BFG All Terrains.

Dyno'd: 319Hp and 595 lb. ft at the rear tires with 33" meats w/ Predator stage II box

SINasster

Posted: 01-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Unregistered User
City: North Las Vegas
State: NV
Post #6

Mine has done that before. Just walk away for a while and it will eject later.

davea147

Posted: 01-07-2006, 02:39 PM
State: NY
View This User's Gallery
Post #7

Nothings worked yet, I'm going to the dealership next for an inspection I'll let them deal with it and if all else fails I was looking for an excuse to get a radio with sirius built in.
Thanks all
Closed Thread