Blower only works on high - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 2nd Gen (94 01) Forums > 2G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

jylee

Blower only works on high - Posted: 01-05-2006, 05:02 PM
City: Sugarland
Post #1

My first post on this forum.

The blower on my 1996 Dodge Ram only work on high, the other settings does not work. The climate control switch was changed out, but it did not fix the problem. Some previous posts suggested it is the blower resister. Can someone post some pictures on the location of the resister.

Thank you in advance, Jack
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

kent0

Posted: 01-05-2006, 10:18 PM
State: SC
Post #2

It is behind the glove box. I haven't worked on the one in my Ram, but I had a Grand Caravan that kept blowing them. It actually was blowing a thermal fuse in the resistor. After replacing the resistor pack twice, I just got a replacement thermal fuse at Radio Shack for about $1. I traded the van before finding the real problem, but I think the blower motor was going bad and drawing too much current causing the resistor to overheat and blow the thermal fuse.
K&N FIPK

2002 Black Camaro SS
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

edglock21

Posted: 01-06-2006, 09:39 AM
The Green Machine
City: Raleigh
State: NC
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jylee
Can someone post some pictures on the location of the resister.

Thank you in advance, Jack
Hope this helps:

Click to increase the size
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blower Motor Resistor.JPG (148.2 KB, 88 views)

** How to: Changing Ball Joints on 2nd Gen Ram

Quote:
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. - President Ronald Reagan
I'll rochambeau ya for it..." Eric Cartman

jylee

Posted: 01-10-2006, 06:52 PM
City: Sugarland
Post #4

Thank you for the help, it is fixed. I replaced the blower resistor.

Jack

jdr1234

Posted: 06-14-2006, 09:32 PM
David-2001 Ram Off-Road
City: Forest City
State: NC
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #5

Replaced mine today-finally bought one on ebay.

It only took about 5 minutes to change out. My old resistor was bad when I bought the truck in '04. Now my fan works on ALL speeds! On top of that, I replaced the blower motor last week with a new one from AutoZone-no more squeaky bearing noise here.

Here's a pic of the old one (left) and the new one (right).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P6140002.JPG (656.4 KB, 24 views)

2001 Dodge Ram Off-Road,360 ci and 4.10's, Rough Country 5.5" Suspension Lift

35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, 17x9 Black Moto Metal Wheels,Tow Mirrors,Cab Lights, Fender Flares

Closed Thread