P0700 Transmission Control System Malfunction - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 11-11-2005, 03:08 PM
LessIsMore
LessIsMore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question 2002 Dodge Caravan Engine Codes

I have a 2002 Dodge Caravan. My check engine light went on today. The engine code I'm getting is P0700 Transmission Control System Malfunction. I'm also getting P1684. Any ideas on what this might mean? Another problem I've been having for a while is that I have some sort of leak in the passenger side floorboard. I had first thought the leak was coming from the AC. But it's not. It's cominig from under the floor board and it is always damp there and now it's starting to cause mold. Are these two related in anyway?

Last edited by LessIsMore; 11-11-2005 at 04:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-11-2005, 04:28 PM
donald7150

P1684 The battery has been disconnected within the last 50 starts.
#3 Old 11-11-2005, 05:09 PM
gas28man

Search this forum. The leak-on-the-floorboard problem has been discussed many times and recently.

Your P0700 code needs to be addressed right away. This signifies a problem with the solenoid pack, which is an external part that can be fixed for around $200 if you do it yourself, $300 if you take it somewhere. But a bad solenoid pack can mess up the whole tranny resulting in a total rebuild, which runs anywhere from $1200 to $2000 depending on where you go.

Good luck.

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.