EGR po404 code - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 08-22-2005, 04:57 PM
orthogod1
Brain Blade

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Angry EGR po404 code

Has anyone ever had a code of PO404? What is EGR Position Sensor Rationality? My 04 Hemi has only 45000 miles and has started throwing this code? Please Help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-22-2005, 05:45 PM
dodge3471
Dodge Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthogod1
Has anyone ever had a code of PO404? What is EGR Position Sensor Rationality? My 04 Hemi has only 45000 miles and has started throwing this code? Please Help!!!
Some 2004 Hemi EGR valves had issues. Your valve is probably bad and needs to be replaced. It should still be under warranty as the EGR valve is part of the emissions system.
#3 Old 03-10-2006, 12:04 AM
raptorrich

my dealer said it is not covered and is not part of the emissions
#4 Old 03-10-2006, 12:45 AM
Mazz
Been HEMIphied

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorrich
my dealer said it is not covered and is not part of the emissions
You need another dealer. The dealer I bought my truck from told me the EGR valve is covered up to 50k. Mine, unfortunately took a dump at 52k, so no warranty. It's not hard to replace though.

'04 Dodge Ram QC SLT 4x4 Hemi® / Flame Red / Sport Package / 3.92s / 4-Wheel ABS / AR Chrome Vanguards w/ 285/60-18 Cooper HT+ (Summers) / Factory Alloys with 265/70-17 Nitto Terra Grapplers (Winters) / PowerSlots & Hawks / GE Nighthawks™ / Bilsteins® / Mag-Hytek Differential Cover / Westin Ovals / Mopar® Wheel Well Liners / BedRug® / Bed Xtender® / EZ Down® / LoRider Lid / Hot-Wired Bel Pro RX65 / Infinity w/ 6-Disc In-Dash Changer / Infinity Reference Speakers / XM / SRT-10 A-Pillar w/ Trans Temp Gage / 17769 DynoMax / '03 Hemi® Tailpipe w/ Mopar® 4" Chrome Tip / aFe High Breather / =JET=STREAM=> / Superchips FlashPaq / Taylor Shorties
/\__/\
(\'..'/) This is Woofy. Copy and paste Woofy to your
(")_(") signature to help him keep world domination.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.