Replacing of front shocks - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - Sport Truck Talk

Closed Thread

i_needit

Replacing of front shocks - Posted: 08-18-2005, 11:04 AM
State: MD
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

Quick question, I have replaced meny sets of shocks, but not on a 02 Dodge Ram1500 2x4. I puchased front & rear Bilstein's and I was wondering will I need to jack the front end up to get the front shocks out????

Thanks
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SilsHemi

Posted: 08-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Dodge Fanatic!
City: The Sticks
State: GA
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_needit
Quick question, I have replaced meny sets of shocks, but not on a 02 Dodge Ram1500 2x4. I puchased front & rear Bilstein's and I was wondering will I need to jack the front end up to get the front shocks out????

Thanks
I didn't have to jack the truck up to remove the fronts.

I don't think you'll have a problem at stock height.

Sil
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Warranty Killer

Posted: 08-18-2005, 11:15 AM
City: London KY
State: KY
View This User's Gallery
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #3

unless you pull it up on a rock or something .. yes

cuase you willl need to slide the shock out the bottom of the control arm.. but you can always just pull it up on some wood or something .. seems eaiser just to jack it up.

Norcallifter

Posted: 08-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Post #4

I heard the rear shocks are really easy to replace but the front shocks are a little trickier. Is that true or is it just a quick hour job.

spharis

Posted: 08-18-2005, 09:08 PM
FSCK STOCK
City: deep south
State: LA
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #5

They are both easy and you will need to jack the front up.

i_needit

Posted: 08-19-2005, 07:24 AM
State: MD
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

Ya, that's what I thought. Guess I will rotate my tires to. Thanks all

SilsHemi

Posted: 08-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Dodge Fanatic!
View This User's Gallery
Post #7

I didn't jack the front up on mine. I slipped the shocks out fine.

Sil

NoHemi

Posted: 08-20-2005, 07:18 AM
A Little Show & No Go
City: Fort Lauderdale
State: FL
View This User's Gallery
Post #8

I did my fronts last week and didn't even think twice about it just jacked it up and put them on. I did put the weight back down when tightening them up. By the way thanks Sil for last week's assistance.

RED TRUCK CLUB #21

Mods to date:

"Work Truck" to "Sport" Conversion
Console Conversion
De-Badged
Hotchkis 4" Leafs (Thanks JJW3477)
McGaughy's 2" Coils (Thanks Slammed1)
Bilstein Shocks
BZO Colt 45 Rims with 275/55/20
DEI Keyless Entry & Actuators
Carpet
Street Scene Mirrors
Roll Pan
Painted Handles

DAN

SilsHemi

Posted: 08-20-2005, 07:28 AM
Dodge Fanatic!
View This User's Gallery
Post #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHemi
I did my fronts last week and didn't even think twice about it just jacked it up and put them on. I did put the weight back down when tightening them up. By the way thanks Sil for last week's assistance.
You're welcome bud.

Sil
Closed Thread