Trans wont shift out of 1st! - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 2nd Gen (94 01) Forums > 2G Dodge RAM - Drivetrain Talk

Closed Thread

Mathes79Z

Trans wont shift out of 1st! - Posted: 08-14-2005, 08:18 PM
State: PA
Post #1

Ok, i have two tranny problems, holding my breath on these!

First and major problem is that if i pull out from a dead stop, mash it, in drive.
It wont shift out of first gear, it will pull all the way to the 5400 rpm rev limiter and bounce off the limiter, which usually causes it to shift, but i try to let my foot off the pedal before it hits the limiter.
if i let my foot up off full throttle, it will shift.
doesnt seem to do it if i leave it in second and pull out from a stop, as much.
and it doesnt do it all the time, but it has been doing it more often.
could a shift solinoid be going bad? wouldnt this throw a check engine light?!

Next problem, when its shifting itself, mild throttle positions, it seems like second gear is releasing too early before third engages.
when it comes time to shift from 2nd to 3rd it will release 2nd and the rpms will come up and then slam into 3rd.
My bands have never been adjusted in the 102,000 miles thats on the truck
fluid is new, filter is fairly new (had a line blow off and dump my fluid a little bit ago, my fault).
Im getting ready to do a filter change and refill with amsoil (Like i used to run before the line blow off) and install my Transgo shift kit JR
but before i do all that work, gotta try to get some of the bugs worked out of it.

oh, if im rolling and i mash it and it downshifts to 1st, it will nearly always upshift by itself at about 4800 rpms.

Thanks for any help.
Single 3" exaust through Magnaflow cat and Hooker Aerochamber muffler.
Ngk V-groove plugs
Fastman 50mm TB
Hypertech PPIII
Accell supercoil
Dakota air hat with Large K&N diesel filter.
Underdrive crank pulley.
*DodgeTalk.com 318 Enthusiast Member #(13)*
*DodgeTalk.com Silver Truck Club Member #(90)*
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mathes79Z

Posted: 08-21-2005, 08:58 PM
State: PA
Post #2

bump
Single 3" exaust through Magnaflow cat and Hooker Aerochamber muffler.
Ngk V-groove plugs
Fastman 50mm TB
Hypertech PPIII
Accell supercoil
Dakota air hat with Large K&N diesel filter.
Underdrive crank pulley.
*DodgeTalk.com 318 Enthusiast Member #(13)*
*DodgeTalk.com Silver Truck Club Member #(90)*
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Closed Thread