are the 2002-and 03s cummins leaking oil - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Truck Engine Technical Forums > Diesel Tech

Closed Thread

avehulin

Unhappy are the 2002-and 03s cummins leaking oil - Posted: 01-13-2003, 11:10 PM
State: LA
Post #1

a friend of mine said he has had problems with his 2002 diesel leaking oil and adding up to 7 quarts on a trip from louisiana to wisconsin and he only has 30,000 miles on it. a friend of his was complaining too about his leaking oil too.....this was really discouraging to hear when i'm considering on trading my 1500 ram in on a 2500 cummins, anybody have any information on this????

thanks, avehulin
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

ZS TOY

Posted: 01-14-2003, 08:50 AM
www.ZSTOY.com
City: Wichita
State: KS
Post #2

I haven't heard of any problems. The 2002 and 2003 cummins are completely different engines.

BenZ
99 Vulcan Classic - Graphite (For Sale)
92 Regal - White
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

WARLOCK

Posted: 01-14-2003, 09:42 AM
City: Grand Junction
State: CO
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

When we got our new cummins they all seemed to ' consume ' oil, but didn't actually leak oil on the ground

DodgeTalk.com 318 Enthusiast Member #(77)

DodgeTalkAholics #77

RIP
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Been Hammered and Diablo Predator.

Pedderized
KSport coil overs
R1 Concept drilled and slotted rotors

To join the Official Dodgetalk Member Map, click HERE!

lawrence

Posted: 01-14-2003, 06:43 PM
City: stoughton
State: WI
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

i have a 2003 cummins with only 1790 miles on it and i have not seen any oil use yet but i watch more know.

PSiemens

Oil Leak - Posted: 01-15-2003, 06:18 PM
State: OTHER
Post #5

That amount of oil leaking is not normal. First question, is the 2002 still under warranty? Can you tell where the leak is coming from or the location? Give some more information, maybe we can help.
Phil

avehulin

Re: Oil Leak - Posted: 01-17-2003, 12:46 AM
Post #6

Quote:
Originally posted by PSiemens
That amount of oil leaking is not normal. First question, is the 2002 still under warranty? Can you tell where the leak is coming from or the location? Give some more information, maybe we can help.
Phil
that was what my friend told me, dodge was going fix it under warrenty, he did mention they replaced the seals....i was just wondering if any readers had heard of any related problems with the cummins.....i don't want a cummins if the history is that bad. unless there is some way to prevent this from happening? i guess my question is "was this a lemon or is the cummins known for leaking" i've always heard nothing but good talk about the motor...i really want it in the 2500 too.
thanks, future diesel owner avehulin

avehulin

Posted: 01-17-2003, 12:53 AM
Post #7

Quote:
Originally posted by 77 stepside
When we got our new cummins they all seemed to ' consume ' oil, but didn't actually leak oil on the ground
do they still consume a lot now 77 and about how much how often............thanks, avehulin

PSiemens

Posted: 01-17-2003, 08:52 AM
State: OTHER
Post #8

Are you considering buying your friends truck? If you are, then I'd want to see what the dealer did to fix the leak. The Cummins is an excellent motor.
Phil

fdf

Posted: 01-29-2003, 08:48 PM
City: Swanton
State: MD
Post #9

My 99 doesn't leak/burn a drop,as is the case with most,you're freind has got a problem that needs fixed but no this is a not a common problem.It's not a "leak-troit"or a 6.0 Power-stroke,which seem to come standard with oil leaks...Doug
Closed Thread