DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

well heres my mag after leaving it parked

2K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  MattRobertson 
#1 ·
my car was parked nice and legal and some jerk in a portapotty truck tryed to squeeze his 15000 lb load in to a 10 pound spot

he got 4 tickets

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
:( I think I'm gonna be sick.....

I assume his insurance or his company's insurance is taking care of this, right????

#3 ·
Oh dude, that hurt,,
Hope it is only exterior damage as it looks and your insurance takes good care of you.

On a better note, maybe you can find a 06 SRT for a rent car.. ;)

Good luck
BD..

#4 ·
we both have nation wide im thinking of puttin a 300 front clip but dont know if insurance will cover it

#5 ·
uh huh, sounds like a premeditated situation to me.. lmao :D

Hey, get all you can from the insur co. then find a shop that will do what ever you want.

But hell yes, get what you want for sure.. the money is in your court now.

BD.. :rck:

#7 ·
Man, sorry to hear about that. Hope it gets fixed correctly!

#8 ·
i just threw up on my keyboard.let me know how they match the color.

#10 ·
That's a crying shame. I really feel sorry for you bro... I'm not sure that I would have been able to contain myself. I may have wound up in jail or something....

#13 ·
srm-rt said:
we both have nation wide im thinking of puttin a 300 front clip but dont know if insurance will cover it
They will pay for what it cost to fix it back to normal. Then you pay the difference. Tell your body shop guy what you want to do, he can figure out what it would cost you.

I change a grill this way on a pickup I had hit a dear with. I got the custom grill for $100 instead of $400.

OH yeh:
Sorry to hear what happened.

#14 ·
damn... i dont know how would i act if that happened to me...i'll keep you in my prayers...

#16 ·
Oh my god... when I saw the first picture I thought "oh damn scratch across the rims, that really sucks!" then I saw the scratch above the tire on the body, and was like "OH GOD, that really sucks ass!"... then I scrolled down to the picture with the whole front ripped off and just got quiet... I scrolled back to double check I hadn't accidentally scrolled to far to a new post or something... if I were you, I would tell the guy that you won't contact his insurance company as long as he stands still while you hit him with your car. Seems like an even trade :)

#17 ·
rsk said:
if I were you, I would tell the guy that you won't contact his insurance company as long as he stands still while you hit him with your car. Seems like an even trade :)
lol

#18 ·
you're handling it a lot better than i would . make sure you get a real good body shop . matching the 3 stage red is a bitch. when you pick it up look at the car in the sunlight and shade . to make sure the color is right .

#19 ·
Man I actually got a sick feeling in my stomach! My heart just sank!

I know I posted before on here about parallel parking these vehicles. I saw a guy in a black R/T that was showing me his new wheels and tires. He happened to glance down at the lower portion of the passenger side of the bumper between the fog lamp and the indent DC molded in to it and saw an impression/scuff in the paint about 2 inches wide and 12 inches long. Upon further investigation we noticed his grill, upper and lower half, was broken loose on the passenger side and the paint was chipped on the edge of the hood from the compression of the bumper when struck. He had been parallel parked in front of his house and someone parked in front of him, either pulling in or out, had just tapped him. Looked like about 1200 bucks worth of damage from just the normal tap of someone who misjudged, as we all have, the distance to his car from theirs. I know I'm gonna get it one day and it WILL tick me off. I try, whenever I can, to park mine so the front end is pulled up to something that keeps someone from backing or pulling up to it. Like in front of a lamp post or up to a curb and I REFUSE to park anywhere that I have to Parallel park.
These bumpers are so, so delicate.

#22 ·
Grand Patron is right about the 'no betterment' payment status, and how to handle it. The adjustor will come out and come up with a number for the car (Danger, Will Robinson!).

Since its the same insurance company on both sides this actually is not so good. One thing you can typically do is report the accident to your *own* insurance company (regardless of who's to blame for the accident). They in turn handle the repairs and "subrogate against" the insurance carrier of the other driver if they are found to be at fault.

The attitude you'll get from your own insurance company -- as well as the service level -- will far exceed what you'd get from the other guy's. Plus you make the task of beating money out of the other insurance carrier someone else's problem... your shop gets paid on time.

This can still work to your benefit. I'd report the accident and ask for this service. Even if its the same comany on both sides you may be dealing with a different section of the Claims division that is more service-oriented. You'd be amazed at the differences you can experience in attitude just by switching departments or branch offices.

p.s. I got a custom exhaust system on my old Camry in just the way Grand Patron describes. Cost me $10 after my 30-day-old, 0-mph new car got rear-ended by some little old lady who decided not to stop at the red light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.