Diagram of 2005 Exhaust System - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 – 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

uncbob

Diagram of 2005 Exhaust System - Posted: 05-22-2005, 10:54 AM
City: Oreland PA
State: PA
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

Anybody know where I can access a diagram of the exhaust system for the 200d Rams -Engine on back

APPEARANCE

PAINTED--- Mirrors-Wipers-Cowl-Door Handles-Slotted Tail light Covers-Fog Inserts-Bumper Insert-Air Dam -Bumper -Grill Shell-LED 3rd Brake Light -Bed Rails --Brake Calipers

OTHER--Wheel Well Liners-Debadged-Grill&Bumper Inserts-20" Boss 304s--2/4Drop--Ground Effects--Sport Rear Bumper --Cleared Head Lights--CHECKMATE PRO Tonneau --PUTCO painted Bed rails--Bed Rug

Click to see our trucks
http://bandb3536.com/bandbtrucks/bandbrams.htm
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Bubba_Hemi

Cool  Posted: 05-22-2005, 02:13 PM
5 Years... 6 Dodges
City: NAS Whidbey Island
State: WA
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
View This User's Timeslip View This User's Dyno Entries
Post #2

Is this what you're looking for?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hemi Exhaust.JPG (32.0 KB, 10 views)

2009 Dodge Ram
1500 QC SB

TOTM- October '04: '04 Ram 2500 CTD 600 QC SB..........'05 Dodge Stratus SXT SE: October '05- COTM

Posting Foolishness 69.12% of the time

SUPPORT THOSE WHO SUPPORT DODGETALK

You have one hell of an interesting perspective on things... and by "interesting", I mean retarded

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Bubba_Hemi

Posted: 05-22-2005, 02:14 PM
5 Years... 6 Dodges
Post #3

BTW, that's the one for the 5.7... I didn't do the 4.7 as I thought you were asking for this, but I'm pretty sure they're the same.

2009 Dodge Ram
1500 QC SB

TOTM- October '04: '04 Ram 2500 CTD 600 QC SB..........'05 Dodge Stratus SXT SE: October '05- COTM

You have one hell of an interesting perspective on things... and by "interesting", I mean retarded

uncbob

Posted: 05-22-2005, 02:31 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

Well that Looks like what I saw under the truck in the dealers shop

I have a drone problem

Had the first day I picked it up

Dealer said bad CAT and they replaced that entire system from the left up to the muffler including BOTH CATS

Didn't fix it

I posted here for help and " certified mgr " said there is a notice NOT to replace the CATS for a drone but to replace the Y PIPE in FRONT of the CAT

I am trying to figure waht this Y PIPE is before I take it back to the dealer this week ( I already notified him replacing the CAT SYSTEM didn't work )

APPEARANCE

PAINTED--- Mirrors-Wipers-Cowl-Door Handles-Slotted Tail light Covers-Fog Inserts-Bumper Insert-Air Dam -Bumper -Grill Shell-LED 3rd Brake Light -Bed Rails --Brake Calipers

OTHER--Wheel Well Liners-Debadged-Grill&Bumper Inserts-20" Boss 304s--2/4Drop--Ground Effects--Sport Rear Bumper --Cleared Head Lights--CHECKMATE PRO Tonneau --PUTCO painted Bed rails--Bed Rug

Click to see our trucks

Bubba_Hemi

Posted: 05-22-2005, 02:53 PM
5 Years... 6 Dodges
Post #5

The Y-Pipe is the piece just forward (towards the engine) of #2 in the pic.

2009 Dodge Ram
1500 QC SB

uncbob

Posted: 05-22-2005, 03:33 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Hemi
That's what I thought

I don't know what "SERVICE MGR " was refering to in his post about NOT replacing the CAT as it seems all that stuff is welded and you can't replace the Y Pipe without doing that whole thing CATS included

Anyway that was replaced as part of the fix and I still have the problem

APPEARANCE

Click to see our trucks

Bubba_Hemi

Posted: 05-22-2005, 05:59 PM
5 Years... 6 Dodges
Post #7

What kind of a problem are you having? I see you said you have a drone problem... like as if there's an exhaust leak under the truck maybe?

2009 Dodge Ram
1500 QC SB

uncbob

Posted: 05-22-2005, 09:31 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #8

If you are at a stop especially on an incline you can feel and hear a drone in the cab as if some sub woofer was causing the truck to vibrate . In fact when it first happened on the way home from the dealers there was a car of young guys in front of me at a stop light and that is what I thought was happening . But when they turned and the noise/vibration stayed I knew it was my truck

Po-ed I took it back and asked how it coulld have passed pre delivery inspection

THey were all apologetic and told me to bring it in after the weekend

I did and they said they checked all the hangers computer codes etc etc and then using a listening device traced it a bad CAT that was resonating or something

They ordered a new unit and replaced the exhaust including both CATS that you see in the diagram from the left of the diagram to the muffler .

Problem is still there

I have to take it back this week someday . I just hope it is in the resonator or muffler

Poster " Service Manager" suggested that it was in the Y Pipe and that he had seen the problem before but as I posted that was replaced as part of the exhaust section they did

I PMed him about that but he hasn't gotten back to me

APPEARANCE

Click to see our trucks

Bubba_Hemi

Posted: 05-22-2005, 10:05 PM
5 Years... 6 Dodges
Post #9

That is rather odd... hope you get it straightened out and get back to us about it.

2009 Dodge Ram
1500 QC SB

uncbob

Posted: 05-26-2005, 08:31 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Hemi
Over on the group buy threads they are talking about a Y PIPE that comes BEFORE the CATS

Do you have any idea what that is

APPEARANCE

Click to see our trucks

Bubba_Hemi

Posted: 05-26-2005, 09:25 PM
5 Years... 6 Dodges
Post #11

My guess would be for a 1 CAT system.

2009 Dodge Ram
1500 QC SB

RSmith63

Posted: 05-27-2005, 12:21 PM
Master Sergeant US Army
City: Peyton, CO
State: CO
View This User's Garage
Post #12

I got a buddy in Oklahoma going through the same thing with his '05. He originally put on the flowmaster 40, then 50 series. Truck was way too loud, couldn't even hear yourself in the cab with windows up. He then went with a spintech muffler and it is a little better but says no one will even ride in his truck because of the noise. He is getting very frustrated.
In-dash 6 disc cd player

MOD'S (current)
Smittybilt Step Bars
Rhino Lining (over rail)

MOD'S (future)
Bigger Tires and Rim's (after lift kit)
Lift Kit

Black Truck Club Member #63
Military Truck Club Member #91
Closed Thread