DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsoonMikes 2014 Ram 2500 CTD Crew Cab ST Build

162K views 841 replies 53 participants last post by  MonsoonMike 
#1 ·
I bought the truck on July 5th, 2014.

Here it is the day I got her.

Now, some of you may say, Hey MonsoonMike, why did you get an ST?

Well, to be honest. The truck fits the build and so did the price.

I plan on replacing the wheels and tires, I plan on painting the bumpers and the grill.. so why should I pay more for the chrome stuff right?

Inside suits me perfect as well. The Vinyl seats are like leather to me! :)

She isn't much right now. But it's got a long list of mods to come! :)

Not selling the truck short, it's an amazing truck and I absolutely think it's perfect. I love this color too!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Truck comes pretty basic. Even in 2014, you'd think a basic truck has keyless entry. NOPE! LOL. Well, fixed that problem and gained a remote start feature at the same time!

#3 ·
I de-badged it today and installed my third brake flashing thing..

So now when I press the brakes, the brake lights come on, and the third brake light flashes 3 times to gain attention to the people behind me. I had this in my other truck and loved the feature.

I couldn't come to taking off the "C"... at least for now.. :crazy:

Attachments

#4 ·
I am really going to try to get those bumpers and grill painted to match this weekend. I have someone dropping off things for me to paint. I may if I have time and feel like it, remove my stuff... maybe even door handles....

#5 ·
OH! Removed the silencer in the Turbo intake tube.. not sure if it will do anything but make it louder.. but that is what I wanted! :)

Attachments

#68 ·
Can I ask about this filter looking thing? I was doing an egr cleaning service on my brother-in-laws 07 with 6.7 and found it has this same thing in the intake. What is it and does he need it? Sorry for asking in your thread but I can't seem to find this thing anywhere else.

#8 ·
Yea JDC, the thing now is the STs seem to have more room for some reason.. I think its in the half ton mostly.. but I like the industrial look.

Hey Monsoonmike do us a favor. Mask the tires off with tape (if you can) they are probably still slick from the dealer shinola. *Paint the wheels flat black, then send us pics.

Please and thanks.

#9 ·
#13 ·
Actually that is the cheapest I've seen for that. I haven't looked but is that what I have? For interior trim codes "X8" ?

#12 ·
Did some small things today! I mounted my garage door button in the dash. I thought it looked better than just the remote control sitting on the visor. Well, main reason too was I parked outside a lot before and I didn't want it to be exposed. So I hid it via this button on my old truck. Just went right to it on this truck, even though now I am parking inside... either way.. cool little mod..

I ran out of double sided tape, so I tapped it for now. Once I get my double din stereo in there, I'll do the double sided tape thing.

Attachments

#14 ·
I believe so. Should be Diesel Gray...

#15 ·
Subscribing to see what you do to the truck. Your build threads are always interesting.

#17 ·
I am a little bummed I can not get rid of the rear RAM logo on the tail gate.
I wonder if I can paint it when I paint my bumpers/grills..

#18 ·
You can pick up the black tailgate badge from the black express package on eBay for pretty cheap. It looks great with the granite.

#20 ·
That too. LOL

#22 ·
I've worked at a body shop before. I've done a lot of things for the great people of DodgeTalk. :)

The fact your friend of yours was trying to cover up a finger print with paint... scares me to no end!

I hope that is what you ment by prep. I know all about prep! :)

#28 ·
I didn't know you did that kind of work. Makes my last post look a little stupid :ugh

Nope. My friend was trying to help me by working on the trim peace to correct the other friends mistake.

If I need some advise on a project you would be 1 of my stops to make sure I'm heading in the right direction. :rck:

#23 ·
mike come on........pull the tailgate, weld in a plate to cover the badge........paint and call it a day. ;)

#24 ·
Getting the keyless/remote start installed. I also got my DIY tint kit in the mail. Maybe.. install my tint tomorrow…

I need a garage like this. I'd never leave.

Attachments

#25 ·
Will be keeping up with your build, Mike. The things you do with your trucks amazes me lol. That trick with the garage door opener is ingenious! And that looks like an awesome truck for an ST. I love the interiors on the 4G's. Good luck and take lots of pics!

#26 ·
Oh yeah have you ever considered making a little video tour of your truck? sort of like a VLOG of your mods and such? Just an idea....

#29 ·
Yeah, I am currenlty in the process if get this..

Painting 15 door handles (12 doors and 3 tailgates handles)
3 grills
5 bumpers
6 tow mirrors
a cowl section

The prep work it taking me the most. I spent 2 hours last night just washing the door handles. Scubbing them down with a scotch pad and plastic cleaner.

Once I get this done - I'm doing mine. The only reason mine are not done already. Once the paying customers are done.. then it's off to my truck! :) Makes my truck mods FREE! :)

#30 ·
Nice. Prep is everything with these type of projects. That's why when I painted the rest of the interior trim peaces I did them myself so I wouldn't have to worry about some one else making a mess of my project. :D

But from your post above I would I have 100% confidence in the help you would provide. :rck:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.