Codes P1684 and P0300 99 Intrepid - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Vehicle Forums > Dodge Intrepid Talk > Dodge Intrepid 2nd Gen (98 - 04) > 2G Dodge Intrepid - General Talk

Closed Thread

SCRIGS

Codes P1684 and P0300 99 Intrepid - Posted: 02-16-2005, 07:50 PM
State: IA
Post #1

My check enging light came on and when I did the on off on off on thing... the check engine light didn't flash at all, but where the digital odometer is, it flashed code P1684 and then blinked off and flashed code P0300 then flashed ------ then said done.... Does anyone know what these two codes mean? I have been having some problems with the engine cutting out at low rpms up to about 2100 rpms, and also my gas mileage has decreased. Any help or ideas would be appreciated..!!! Thanks
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

pgr1940

Posted: 02-17-2005, 10:23 PM
City: LI, NY
State: NY
Post #2

1684 The battery has been disconnected within the last 50 starts.
300 Misfire detected in multiple cylinders.
301 Misfire detected in cylinder #1.
302 Misfire detected in cylinder #2.
303 Misfire detected in cylinder #3.
304 Misfire detected in cylinder #4.
305 Misfire detected in cylinder #5.
306 Misfire detected in cylinder #6.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

johndmcintyre

p0300 p1684 whats the cause??? - Posted: 08-12-2005, 06:00 AM
Post #3

pgr 1940, I am having same problem had car to dealer unable to find trouble but they would like to try replacing fuel pump to see if it solves the problem LOL only costs 900 dollars, (can't see it happening anytime soon.

p.s. if anyone has any info on cause and resouloution please email me

Thank You

pgr1940

Posted: 08-14-2005, 08:54 AM
Post #4

Any of those missfire codes are ambiguous. I had a 301 code once. I thought it was electrical. It turned out to be a problem with a fuel injector. I had stopped at a no-name gas station for a few of gallons of gas and ended up with water in my gas tank.
Added dry gas to tank and has the injectors cleaned. Needless to say I only use Mobil/Exxon, Amoco/BP or Hess gas now.

pgr1940

Posted: 08-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Post #5

I forgot to mention this in my prior reply:
I checked the plug it was fouled, checked the coil pack it was good.
Closed Thread