Trunk light not working - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Vehicle Forums > Dodge Intrepid Talk > Dodge Intrepid 2nd Gen (98 - 04) > 2G Dodge Intrepid - General Talk

Closed Thread

Trep Driver

Trunk light not working - Posted: 01-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Post #1

I have a 99 intrepid and recently the trunk light stopped working. I've changed the light bulb and checked all the fuses but it still doesn't work. My last option is the trunk switch that turns on the light but I'm unable to locate it. Does anyone knows where the switch is located. Thanks.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodgevanman

Posted: 01-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Do It In A Van
City: Baltimore Hon!
State: MD
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

It's probably a mercury switch located in the lamp unit itself. May have to replace the whole unit.

1994 B250 Ram Van Conversion by Elk
5.2L Magnum

2008 Grand Caravan SXT
3.8L

Member of:
North Chesapeake Bay Vans, est. 1975
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Crash459

Posted: 01-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Therapist Giggity-Giggity
City: Springfield, MA
State: MA
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #3

DECK LID RELEASE
SOLENOID
DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING - DECK LID
RELEASE
For vehicles equipped with electric deck lid release.
(1) Confirm motor lead wire is connected and 10
volts or more are available at solenoid.
(2) Provide proper ground through latch mounting
screws.
(3) Remove latch and examine plunger. Plunger
should spring back when pressed.
(4) Insure that solenoid plunger travel is adequate
approximately 16 mm (5/8 inch).

Hello in there Cliff,........tell me,............What color is the sky in your world?

2005 Dakota Quad Cab V8 SLT
2 inch leveling kit installed
32" (265/75/16) BF Goodrich All Terrain KO's
3 inch body lift installed
Magnaflow dual exhaust (coming soon)
Fastman throttlebody (coming soon)
Airraid cold air intake (coming soon)

Click here to email me
"I want rustlers, cut-throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, conmen, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwackers, hornswagglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass kickers, sh*tkickers... and Methodists!"

peter_w67401

Posted: 02-02-2005, 09:47 AM
City: Ottawa, Kansas
State: KS
Post #4

I had the same issue. It was the wiring harness that goes from the trunk release mechanizim to the harness at the rear left fender well. I guess there was a broken wire in it. I got a new harness off of E-bay for $20.00 and it repaired the issue. The same harness from MOPAR was about $100.00. Good luck..........................Pete
Closed Thread