Anybody installed torsion bar leveling kit on 2004 Ram 1500 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

hemij

Question Anybody installed torsion bar leveling kit on 2004 Ram 1500 - Posted: 01-20-2005, 12:44 AM
Ram named HOG
City: Richmond,VA
State: VA
Post #1

I just purchased my 04 and want to level the front end, I was told the only way was with torsion bar keys(2.5") I would love to hear from anybody familiar with this setup does it change ride drastically,front end alignment problems,drivetrain alignment problems? Also would like to hear how the hemi owners like the motor, any problems? Love mine so far.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

dale3fan3

Posted: 01-20-2005, 05:28 AM
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemij
I just purchased my 04 and want to level the front end, I was told the only way was with torsion bar keys(2.5") I would love to hear from anybody familiar with this setup does it change ride drastically,front end alignment problems,drivetrain alignment problems? Also would like to hear how the hemi owners like the motor, any problems? Love mine so far.
ok you will finfd the majority turned up our torsion bars with the turn of a wrench mothing to buy do a search and there is good info on how to do it I had my mechnic do mine while it ws on the lift getting the oil changed. I did 5 turns but the shocks started to bottom out so took 1 out now at 4 and have had no problems. Most people will tell you to get an alignment after because of the change. for some wierd reason I had mine checked and it was fine ... go figure. by turning up you torsions like this the ride will get a little firmer but I think its better this way . to soft the other way. I had the death wobble also and it went away with this adjustment.

as far as problems I had a few my water pump went at 32000 and I had 2 overflow bottles replaced before the figured out it was the radiator that was actually bad from new so thats new as well now. I also had to have the egr valve replaced at 1500 mies but that was a wierd thing they told me. there are a couple tsbs out there that you want to look at so you know about them as well

welcome to Dt you will gather a wealth of info here and we will also have you spending all your money on your truck
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Closed Thread