Center console USB port - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 – Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

The_Bishop

Center console USB port - Posted: 08-22-2013, 11:32 AM
PW # 5851
City: New Jersey
State: NJ
Post #1

Ok, so I've got a bit of an annoying issue with my 2013 Express. In the center console of the front seat (the part that folds up to reveal another seat) there is a 12V plug and a USB port. Every once in a while, if you lean on it right, it'll power off then back on, screwing with whatever music you had playing. I pulled the cupholder trim off to see if I could get at it that way, and traced it down to a loose plug on the back of the USB/12V panel. However, I can't get at it from there.

Anyone ever pop that USB panel off? If I could get it out, then I can fix the loose plug. However, it doesn't just 'pop' out and I don't want to break anything.

Any help would be perfect.

- - -
1998 Camaro Z-28
17" Vette Wheels - Magnaflow exhaust - Subframe Connectors - Control Arms - A lot of stuff, it's fast.
Click Here for an important forum message.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

chrisb38002

Posted: 08-22-2013, 12:31 PM
State: TN
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #2

I have never had that off either. It may be one of the "special tools" that the dealership has. If your truck is a 2013, I suggest just letting them take care of it under warranty. At least if it messes up later, they can't say you did it.

HemiSilva

Posted: 08-22-2013, 02:11 PM
City: San Antonio
State: TX
Post #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb38002 View Post
I have never had that off either. It may be one of the "special tools" that the dealership has. If your truck is a 2013, I suggest just letting them take care of it under warranty. At least if it messes up later, they can't say you did it.
Yep that's what warranty is for, let them deal with the problem!
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

The_Bishop

Posted: 08-22-2013, 04:02 PM
PW # 5851
Post #4

Yeah, I was trying to avoid the whole 'leave the truck with the dealer' thing.

- - -
1998 Camaro Z-28
17" Vette Wheels - Magnaflow exhaust - Subframe Connectors - Control Arms - A lot of stuff, it's fast.

chrisb38002

Posted: 08-23-2013, 12:43 PM
State: TN
Post #5

I know what you mean. If they can't fix it quick, while you wait, then tell them that's your only transportation and make them provide you a loaner while they fix yours.
I had to leave mine at the dealer for some minor repair (leaking seal around the brake light), they gave me another truck to drive while they had mine.

The_Bishop

Posted: 08-23-2013, 03:55 PM
PW # 5851
Post #6

Guess I'll be calling them next week.

- - -
1998 Camaro Z-28

Faitdushred

Posted: 10-18-2013, 02:17 PM
State: QC
Post #7

I'm having the same problem my USB got disconnected and I don't have time to get to the dealer. Were you able to figure out how to get in to the wiring?

The_Bishop

Posted: 11-30-2013, 06:29 AM
PW # 5851
Post #8

I know this is amazingly late, but:

No, I never figured out how to get that panel out. If you pop off the plastic around the cupholders, you can see the wiring through the holes there, I was able to use a screwdriver to push on the back of the plugs to seat them. So far, so good.

- - -
1998 Camaro Z-28

Voodoo

Posted: 12-01-2013, 07:10 AM
Motörhead For Life!
City: Houston
State: TX
Post #9

Bishop,
Post up a pic of the console your talking about, Maybe someone would have an idea from the pics.I know a lot of the guys on here have taken apart the the floor console in the 4th gen trucks,& with out seeing it I have no idea if it would be the same( Haven't seen the inside of a 13 or 14 yet)

2012 Ram 1500 TRADESMAN REGULAR CAB 4X2 8' BOX

Billet Technology Catch Can From moes-performance.com

"You Can't fix Stupid"

snow cheif

Posted: 12-02-2013, 04:43 PM
City: bayville
Post #10

the plug fell out of the back of the connector on the dart also.it must be that plug doesn't seat well from the factory.

The_Bishop

Posted: 12-03-2013, 07:53 PM
PW # 5851
Post #11

Haven't gotten a chance to shoot a picture yet; been extraordinarily busy. Will try for tomorrow.

- - -
1998 Camaro Z-28
Closed Thread