02 ram ignition switch replace for third time - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 12-26-2004, 04:55 PM
cdesero
DES

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Angry 02 ram ignition switch replace for third time

I can't Be the only one that has a bad ignition I'am ready to have it fixed again this will be number 4. You have to wiggle the key to get chimmes or the lights on the radio to work??????????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-26-2004, 09:50 PM
FreeLantz
I'm Still Here

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Wow, that's actually not common as far as I know... perhaps someone else will have had the same problem but I sure havent with my '02!

David Lantz
2013 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "10th Anniversary"

Retired DT Admin
Co-President, Texas Four Wheel Drive Organization Sugar Land Chapter

facebook.com/groups/TX4WDSL

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing.

#3 Old 12-26-2004, 09:59 PM
thekingofpain
Ultimate member

4th one?
Something must be wrong, do you park regularly on a hill with the wheels turned and have to "jiggle" the steering wheel to get the key to turn?

Praise the lowered...
#4 Old 12-26-2004, 10:07 PM
cdesero
DES

(Thread Starter)
No I never park on hills. the dealer tells me it is not the ignition it self but the switch behind the ignition. I think it is not getting replaced but repaired some how every time it is in the shop??????
#5 Old 12-26-2004, 10:18 PM
JamesJ2525
Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty

Highly unlikely that you have had four bad switches. There is probably something else that is causing the switch to fail. No idea what it might be though. Rather than just replace the switch for the fourth time, I would have them check for other problems that may be causing it.

2003 Ram 1500 SLT Regular Cab, 360 V8, 3.92 Limited Slip, 4X4 Offroad Package, 1.5" Torsion Bar Crank, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, LT 275/70R17 Cooper Discoverer S/Ts, K&N Airfilter, Mopar (Borla) Performance Exhaust, Mopar Running Boards, Mopar Slush Mats, Sirius Satellite Radio, Coin Holder
#6 Old 12-27-2004, 05:14 PM
warp

How much stuff do you have hanging on your key chain, too much weight?
Common problem for many
#7 Old 12-27-2004, 05:16 PM
cdesero
DES

(Thread Starter)
Just the door fob and one key???
#8 Old 12-27-2004, 05:55 PM
hemi_power87
Hemi Chi will enlighten u

Thats the dealers fault then. Anything that you bring in three times on the fourth time they have to replace the vehicle or do a buy back. Its lemon law. You may have yourself a new Hemi or better yet wait until the powerwagan and get taht instead, your payments may go up a little but hey, you'll be the talk of the town.
#9 Old 12-27-2004, 09:44 PM
JamesJ2525
Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty

I don't think improper installation or failure of one part due to another will be covered under lemon law, its also more complicated than just a part failing multiple times. It varies by state and has multiple criteria that has to be met. Something else must be causing the problem. There's less than a 1% chance that a part will fail 4 times in a row.

2003 Ram 1500 SLT Regular Cab, 360 V8, 3.92 Limited Slip, 4X4 Offroad Package, 1.5" Torsion Bar Crank, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, LT 275/70R17 Cooper Discoverer S/Ts, K&N Airfilter, Mopar (Borla) Performance Exhaust, Mopar Running Boards, Mopar Slush Mats, Sirius Satellite Radio, Coin Holder
#10 Old 06-10-2005, 02:52 PM
pad79

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram and today when I took the key out the AC kept going. I haven't tried it with the radio on but I attempted to turn it off and on several times before I realized that I had to wiggle the ignition switch to turn it off. Does anyone know what might cause that and what I should do to fix it. I do not have much on my key chain and have kept great car of my truck.
#11 Old 06-10-2005, 04:08 PM
tarbaby
Old F@rt

Interesting. My o4 has a problem with the radio staying on, door chime still working for several seconds after the key is removed. I'm hesitant to take it to the dealer because they will want to keep it for 3 or 4 days to do an oil change. Might be two weeks for this problem! I'm hoping the problem will just go away as it is intermittent.
#12 Old 06-10-2005, 04:16 PM
spharis
FSCK STOCK

I like the fact that I can pull my key out a little, and the chime stops.
#13 Old 06-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Chauncy
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(

yeah, same here Spharis

with it turned back, in the off position, or turned forward, with the door open, if I barely touch the key the chime will stop

in fact I usually have to push the key in to get the chime to start, and I love it

Current: 2002 Ram 1500 4.7/5spd leveling kit on 34's.

Gone: 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 5.7 Hemi 6" Superlift on 35's.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.