Another '03 Hemi "Losing power / cutting out" case - Page 5 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

#81 Old 09-23-2013, 02:16 PM
MonsoonMike
Moderator Mike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Good question on the OEM sensors.

I've have yet to replace any of mine. I'd start with Ebay. But the dealer might be the best place. On Ebay make sure they are the MOPAR ones for sure.

and to add, yes Bosch sensors on these trucks do more harm than good.
Very odd. I associate Bosch with a very good electrical company.

::2014 Ram 2500 CTD Crew Cab Granite Crystal Metallic::

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#82 Old 09-23-2013, 02:20 PM
MonsoonMike
Moderator Mike

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I am not sure on the price, maybe someone who has replaced them can chime in, but on Ebay, I'd look for this type of picture to insure it's a Mopar Brand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Mopa...#ht_267wt_1172

::2014 Ram 2500 CTD Crew Cab Granite Crystal Metallic::

#83 Old 09-23-2013, 02:56 PM
jfotsch

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
04 hemi cutting out on acceleration

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. I have not been keeping up with the Dodge talk at all because I have not been modifying or had any problems with the truck at all except for it likes to warp rotors and the egr a few years back. So I noticed a couple of remarks on my posts that I am about way out of the know as far as threads. I just want to apologize for not being up to speed with the forum. Am doing some reading on it though! Only have 76k on it but it is 9 years old and this, from what I hear is about the time things like sensors start to go out. My battery reconditioner is still churning in the garage so when it is done I will pop the back-up battery in and see if it is a problem with the current as you suggested!!! Thanks again!!!
#84 Old 11-08-2013, 01:26 PM
crasher76
Im wired!!!

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A 3.00 ground strap on the back of the heads to body does wonders

Black 2003 QC SB SLT 4x4 Offroad 5.7L HEMI, Original Owner 3.92 LSD, 260 cam, 6.1 Rods/Springs, Home Ported/Polished Heads, Psc1, 04 Map sensor and Fuel pump assembly, Oil pressure guage, Amsoil, Champs, MSD 8.5MM Full length Wires, Transgo HD w/out resistor, Superchip, 180 T-Stat, K/N 77 Series, Ceramic Flowtech headers with Y-Pipe, Stage 8 locks, Ditched the cat, O2 sensor mod, Jack Rabbit bed cover, Sprayed bed liner, Big Mouth Grill-Black, Blackend Headlights/Tails, Silverstar ultras, Ditched all chrome, Custom 10's sub enclosure, Upgraded 160 amp alt, Window tint, Relocated purge valve, Energy suspension bushings, Rear spring clamps, Rebuilt front suspension, Ditched Sway Bar, Passport 8500 Radar Detector, Ditched the baby seat- kid wasnt mine, Cigarette burn in the seat mod, Debadged, Custom Rewired/Properly Grounded.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.