2004 Dodge Stratus OVERHEATING (Already Replaced Thermostat & Temp. Sensor).. ?? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Vehicle Forums > Dodge Stratus Talk > Dodge Stratus 2nd Gen (01 - 06) > 2G Dodge Stratus - Performance Talk

Closed Thread

06RAMMER

2004 Dodge Stratus OVERHEATING (Already Replaced Thermostat & Temp. Sensor).. ?? - Posted: 05-08-2013, 04:07 PM
City: Pittsburgh
State: PA
Post #1

I have an 04 stratus with the 2.7 v6.
Problem started in the winter, car had no heat inside no matter how hot the engine got. Driving around in the Spring it started overheating.
A week ago, I flushed out the coolant system, everything seemed fine. Then I changed the Thermostat and The Coolant Temperature Sensor. I thought everything was fine. Now the car is STILL OVERHEATING. The fans ARE kicking on, but not cooling anything and the temp. gage goes all the way to hot and then the coolant starts boiling and sprays out of the side pressure relief (? if that is what that side hole is called) on the overflow tank. Any ideas as to what else I should look at and/or replace?
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Closed Thread