DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee is Finally Here!

16K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  PeteGreen 
#1 · (Edited)
MYoung84's 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Build Thread

It finally came in yesterday and they were able to get the PDI and detail done so I could take delivery last night. This thing is absolutely awesome! The Hemi and 8 speed are a great combination and moves pretty good. It's not as fast as my SRT Charger that it replaced, but I have no complaints. Interior is top notch and the copper trim is not nearly as bad in person as they are in pics. I actually like the look better than silver. I got the UConnect registered online but haven't played with it too much. The shifter is a little weird, but I got used to it very quick and actually kind of like it. It only had 15 miles on it when I got to the dealer. I figured it would have much more than that since I was selected for the vigorous quality audit. Had about 50 miles on it after driving around last night.

Only quirk I had was with the Quadra-Lift. I was playing with it in my driveway and lifted it to ORII and it wouldn't come back down. I ended up having to drive around the block for it to lower. I'll play with it some more and see if it happens again. In all honesty, ORI and II will never get used, so it's not a big deal. The park mode and aero mode seemed to work fine.

My Oil Catch can goes on tonight and the Magnaflow exhaust will go on very soon. Here are some crappy cell phone pics. I'll post more soon.

The dealer texted me as soon as the truck got there. I was only a couple miles away so I stopped by and snapped a pic.

This is in Off Road II height.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Carl! After seeing this interior, I wish I would have waited for a 2013 Ram...

#5 ·
All the buttons are a bit overwhelming...

#6 ·
More stuff to break!! But I love the new jeeps. Amazing vehicles. I think by the time my durango wears out an gets old the new (used) jeeps will be cheap enough to buy (I have no need for an SUV anymore. Keep my durango because of AWD and snow.

Anyway the copper interior is interesting,,

#7 ·
Here's some better pics with it cleaned up.

#8 ·
New Magnaflow Exhaust was installed with 77 miles on the odometer. I love the sound, which is a mellow rumble that's very suited to the kind of vehicle it is.

#9 ·
Window tint on the front windows was done this morning. 20% matched pretty good.

#13 ·
I haven't seen a 14 SRT in person but they sure do look awesome from the pics I've seen. I can't imagine the 6.4L and 8 speed combo.

What color is that? Some angles look black, others look metallic grey.
It's called Maximum Steel. It's a metallic blue color in the sun light but at night it looks black. There's a ton of metallic in it with some blues, greens, teals, a little pink sometimes, and some others depending on the lighting. You should stop by a dealer some time and look at it. They also offer it on the 13 Rams.

Man the new jeeps look awesome and glad to see you have hesitated on doing mods
I'm not scared of some mods! I installed my Billet Tech Oil Catch Can too... :D

#11 ·
What color is that? Some angles look black, others look metallic grey.

#12 ·
Man the new jeeps look awesome and glad to see you have hesitated on doing mods

#14 ·
I may have to go take a closer look at these Jeeps. My wife thinks she might want one in a couple of years (she keeps telling me she want's the SRT-8, but I don't see that happening).

#15 ·
My wife also wanted the SRT Jeep to replace her SRT Charger but I couldn't justify the extra $18k... Fun, but not practical for what we need...

#16 ·
Did another small mod on the Jeep this weekend. I had the Mopar lug nut locks from the factory and they stuck out much further than the rest of the lug nuts and looked horrible. I had the same locks on my 2010 Ram but they didn't look near as bad since they are sunk further into the wheel. So, I ordered a set of Gorilla lug nuts. I think they look much cleaner. I also like that they all match, I've never been a huge fan of the odd-ball lug nut lock...

#17 ·
Nice jeep, if they hadn't priced themselves out of my family budget we would be buying one in a couple of years. We are now looking at the new Cherokee.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#18 ·
They are a little pricey, but everything is expensive these days. This one had a sticker price of nearly $52k, and you don't get $8-10k off sticker like the trucks.

I was playing on the Ramtrucks website today and built a loaded 3500 SRW Laramie Cummins with a sticker price of $62k. Even the little POS Nissan Sentra loaner car that I'm driving today while the Jeep is at the dealer has a sticker price of nearly $20.

I'd have to see the new Cherokee in person to make my final judgement, but I'm just not feeling that front end.

#19 ·
Neither am I, but it is growing on me. I really like the interior, and the fuel economy is what it needs to be for my wife, who drives 80 miles a day for work. Plus awd is a plus for her during the winter.

#20 ·
That's a very nice GC! Around here the 2014 models are flying off the lots as fast as they come in. Very, very nice SUV's. :tup:

#21 ·
Thanks David! Aside from the really buggy UConnect system, it's been great so far, just rolled over 2000 miles earlier this week. Our lots around here are full of them but I really don't see many on the streets.

#22 ·
Is the Magnaflow exhaust you went with part # 16929? Do you have any drone while cruising?

#23 ·
Yep, that's it. Zero drone while cruising. It's very mellow.

#24 ·
No one around my area carries the maxium steel, I've been contemplating on upgrading to a 2013 R/T, but only after i see that color. Hopefully the 2014's come out with different colors.

#25 ·
Max steel is pretty awesome looking.

#26 ·
The Jeep hasn't received much attention lately so I took the plunge on some new mods. I ordered up a Volant Intake and 87mm Ported Throttle Body from Moes Performance.

I started by installing only the throttle body first. I drove around town about 20 miles and I can honestly say I felt a difference. I might not have the best tuned butt dyno, but throttle response is a little better and it feels like it pulls just a little harder, especially up top. Then I installed the intake. Power wise this also made the engine feel a little stronger. What I really like about the intake is the sound. It makes the Hemi growl like it's supposed to. It's not an annoying growl and can really only be heard over half throttle.

As far as gas mileage, I have picked up about 1 mph on the highway. I had to make a 120 mile round trip on Thursday and Friday-Saturday so I decided to try and set up an MPG test. On Thursday the Jeep had the stock intake and throttle body. I reset the MPG display, set the cruise right at 75 MPH for the trip and finished with 18.1 MPG, which is right about where it always is. Our highways around here are like roller coasters so with that and driving 75, MPG isn't always the greatest. Then on Friday with the new mods installed I departed and tried to drive the same way and at the same speed. Once I got on the highway the cruise was set on 75. MPG was reset before I left my house and I finished the first half of the trip at 19.3 MPG. I did a little in town driving on Saturday and headed back home that evening, finishing at 19 MPG. This isn't the most scientific test, but I've got over 6k miles on the Jeep and have never had gas mileage in the 19's, or even high 18's for that matter. I'm sure if I were to slow it down to 65 I could get into the 20's, but I just can't drive that slow. 60 in this Jeep feels like about 45. ;)

Overall, I am very pleased with both mods and I think both work great together. I would recommend both of these mods to anyone wanting a little more power and MPG! Now here's the pics!

#27 ·
So jealous.

If I didn't have a ram, I would most certainly be back in a grand Cherokee. I loved my 98.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.