Grease points on 2012 PW - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Power Wagon Forums (05 - Up) > 4G Ram Power Wagon Talk

Closed Thread

RideLong

Grease points on 2012 PW - Posted: 02-26-2013, 07:44 PM
State: CA
Post #1

Hey all, so is there really just a single grease fitting on the PW? I know about the elusive unorthodox fitting on the rear of the front drive shaft and already have what is needed to do that.

But everything else seems to be sealed. Are there any other grease points on this truck?

Also, how much grease do you all shoot into the fitting on the front shaft? I assume it's a constant velocity joint, so any rules of thumb?

Thanks. My PW is about to get it's first oil change and I am gearing up for routine maintenance.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

danny.p.watts

Posted: 02-27-2013, 04:01 AM
RedMan
City: Camp Lejeune
State: NC
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideLong View Post
Hey all, so is there really just a single grease fitting on the PW? I know about the elusive unorthodox fitting on the rear of the front drive shaft and already have what is needed to do that.

But everything else seems to be sealed. Are there any other grease points on this truck?

Also, how much grease do you all shoot into the fitting on the front shaft? I assume it's a constant velocity joint, so any rules of thumb?

Thanks. My PW is about to get it's first oil change and I am gearing up for routine maintenance.
I always try and get one good pump of greese in each fitting as a rue of thumb for me.

for the 3rd Gen PWs, we have 3 greese points. drive shaft and outer tie rod ends.

Power Wagon Registry #47
- SCT Tuner by http://www.hemifevertuning.com/
- front and rear rock ready bumpers (hand made out of 1/4" wall 4X6 tubing)
- Thuren suspension upgrade (springs, shocks, and shackles)
- 35 12.50R 17 NITTO Mud Grapplers_- Snorkel
- Rock Rails_____________________- CB Radio
- RockCrusher Front Diff Cover_____- Tool box and all necessary tools
- diff locker by-pass_____________ - Flow Mast Series 50 Dual Exhaust
- Illuminated Ram Hood Emblem_____- Rocker Panels Hurculined
- H2 Wheels w/moded hubcaps_____- Power Wagon Winch Strap
- Solar Battery Maintainer_________- Sirius XM radio
- Hid-Away Gun rack_____________- 4 Off road lights

Wife's ride "Faith" 2014 Charger RT Max
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

myoung84

Posted: 02-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Administrator
City: Broken Arrow
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #3

The only grease fitting on the 4th gens is the front drive shaft, everything else is sealed, unfortunately. I always pump grease in the drive shaft until I see it oozing out the other side.

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Vararam Intake | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks @ 2.1" | Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
Bora 1.25" Spacers | AirLift Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | Undercover LUX Bed Cover | BedRug

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Overland Hemi

Magnaflow Exhaust | Volant Intake | Diablo inTune w/Hemifever Tuning | BT Oil Catch Can

RideLong

Posted: 02-27-2013, 11:30 AM
State: CA
Post #4

Thanks fellas. I agree there are downsides to the sealed joints (and benefits of course), but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
Closed Thread