2004 Grand Caravan No Front Wipers - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Vehicle Forums > Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan Talk

Closed Thread

pabassman

2004 Grand Caravan No Front Wipers - Posted: 02-17-2013, 11:27 AM
State: PA
Post #1

Hope you guys can help. My '04 Grand Caravan just started acting up. The front wipers just stopped working. They were working intermittently for a short while then stopped completely. I changed the wiper motor, multi function switch on the steering column and the fuse/relay. Still nothing. I thought it might be the ICM or FCM, but the only symptom is the wipers. From what I'm reading, ICB/FCM issues would affect multiple device. Everything else is working fine. It's just the wipers.

Any ideas?
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ratchet75

Posted: 02-17-2013, 06:31 PM
State: CA
Post #2

" From what I'm reading, ICB/FCM issues would affect multiple device." True if either looses power but individual internal circuits can go bad as well. ICB???? Do you mean BCM or body control module?

One quick thing to try is disconnect the negative battery cable then unbolt the FCM from the front of the IPM (fuse box). Remove it and inspect the contacts for visible corrosion or damage. Clean with electrical contact cleaner. Now reseat the connection several times and install. This will clean the unseen corrosion that can degrade any electrical connection. The FCM/IPM connection has had a well known history for creating any number of electrical faults. In your case it is the conduit that gets PCI mux bus and park switch inputs from the BCM, and grounds switching signals from the FCM to the two wiper relay coils.

Last edited by Ratchet75 : 02-17-2013 at 06:46 PM.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

KBD627

Posted: 04-19-2013, 05:36 PM
2004 GC Anniversary Blue
Post #3

How did you make out? I have an 04 GC and was having trouble for awhile with wipers/signals not always working when tilt wheel was down. I thought it was the multi-function switch. I took covers off to see how easy it was to change switch. After I unplugged wire harness I noticed one wire was broken right at plug. It must have been partially broken. Not alot of slack in wires. I went to junk yard and cut out a plug with lots of wire attached. I cut mine off and spliced in junkyard plug. I left more slack so wires aren't stressed. Works fine.

RickMN

Posted: 04-21-2013, 07:57 AM
Post #4

Here's a description of how the system works and a wiring diagram

Chrysler Minivan Wiper System