#4 Cylinder misfire? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

mangland

Question #4 Cylinder misfire? - Posted: 02-12-2013, 12:45 PM
GO DAWGS!
City: Cartersville
State: GA
Post #1

Hello,
I need help. I have a 2006 2500 Power Wagon 5.7 L. For the last few months I have been dealing with a code for #4 cylinder misfire. I have changed all plugs, cam position sensor and most recently the coil pack. The code still pops up. Funny thing is that most of the time you cant tell anything is wrong. Every now and again on start up it will stumble then clear up. Runs fine doesnt seem to have loss power. No other codes. What should I try next?
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

RustyPW08

Wink  Posted: 02-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Moab Tested
City: Brownsville
State: PA
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

Try posting this in the perf section. Might get better results.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Sequentially Number #08-1505,
Inferno Red, Automatic
Mods to the PW; Nerffed Mopar RockRails, Wheel Well Liners, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flairs, Extang Tonneau Cover, Garvmin dezl 560LMT GPS, Power Wagon Winch Kit, Line X Ultra Bed Liner, PIAA Headlight Bulbs, PIAA 580 Driving Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 Fog Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 ATP Off-Road Lights (135 watt), Locker Bypass, Modifed Rockcrusher Diff Covers, Mopar Utility Bed Rails and Tool Box, Warn Winch Wireless Remote Control, "el-cheapo" Inclinometer, Airaid CAI, Winch TPS Bypass, Had 35" Cooper STT's now 35" Toyo's, Mopar Spare Tire Lock, 'T' Steering Linkage, Modifed PSC Steering Brace, P3 Brake Controller, Modifed Fusion "mall crawler" rear bumper, PIAA 1500 Back-Up Lights, 1Ton HEMI Tranny Cooler, Leer 100XR Bed Cap, Factory Tow Mirrors, CenterLine Rims 17x9-5.25 BS, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, AutoMeter Gauges, PSC Extreme Hydro Assist Steering, Carli Track Bar, Carli Ball-Joints, Dynatrac FreeSpin Hubs, Snorkel, RCV Axles, EBC Pads & Rotors, Aluminess Front Bumper, BIG Pul-Pal and it's own body bag!, 60" Extreme Hi-lift Jack, and more riggin' equipment, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, Bilstein 7100 Shocks - Carli Valving, MORE STUFF COMIN', TTI headers, Somebody's long arm, 7.2L MOTOR ,
Mods to me; Ti hip replacement. Zerk fitting in knee. Now it's gets greased more than some guys front drive shafts. I've been Used, Abused and Recycled!
Survivor of The Cold War, Heaven's Gate, The Grand Conjunction, The Pleiadeans Landings, Y2K, The Winch Mob Banning, The Mayan Apocalypse, and some other covert stuff. Future zombie killer!

Jacqui, loving wife and mother. 7/11/61 - 5/13/11 I miss you!
"Moab '10, '12",
"Rausch Creek-Spring, Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13"

RUSS
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

mangland

Posted: 02-13-2013, 05:05 PM
GO DAWGS!
City: Cartersville
State: GA
Post #3

OK. Remember I'm a noob to this site. What's the perf section!

FirerescuePW

Posted: 02-13-2013, 09:29 PM
City: North Wales
State: PA
Post #4

That would be the performance section. Look for the section titled 3G Dodge Ram Performance Talk.

Rausch Creek Spring 2011

Rausch Creek Fall 2011

2012 East Coast Spring Rally at Rausch Creek ORP

2013 Power Wagon Gathering at Rausch Creek Offroad Park

'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq, DT ProFab Steering Brace, Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17, Carli front diff guard, Rockcrusher rear diff cover, White Knuckle Rock Sliders, Reflex spray-in liner, Extang Trifecta tonneau cover, Pop Lock electric tailgate lock, Tekonsha Prodigy brake control, LEDS & Strobes & Siren, Winch TPS Bypass, Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

dmcelhannon

Posted: 02-15-2013, 12:30 AM
Moderator David Mack
City: McAllen
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #5

Welcome to DT!

I'll move the thread for you to the 3Gen Ram General section. That's the most active on the site so you should get more traffic in there.

I had a problem like this on my truck. When I first started the truck it ran like crap but cleared-up and then ran fine. I couldn't find the problem until I pulled it apart while it was cold and found the smallest water droplets on the coil and inside the coil bore hole around the spark plug. I used brake cleaner and then compressed air on all of the coils and bores. The problem didn't come back. The only thing that made any sense to me was I got it wet while cleaning the engine.

If you start a thread, be responsible and post the final outcome.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 85K/3142hrs, Knolton Thunder Cylinder Heads & HO Cams by Sawcut, 4.56 R&P/DTT, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" BFG T/A KO, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, EBC Greenstuff Roadsport Brake Pads, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, FK-60 E-Fan Controller w/relay, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars, $1600 Oil Pickup Tube

Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging,
with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

~ Waiting to fix my Ram! ~ 2-Years 41-Days and Counting! ~

MIRADAMEGACAB

Posted: 02-15-2013, 09:51 PM
City: Long Island NY
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

Swap fuel injectors from #4 to another cylinder.
If the misfire code appears on that other cylinder, you know the injector is bad.

Redtruck-VA

Posted: 02-15-2013, 11:46 PM
Redtruck-VA
City: Philippines/VA
State: VA
Post #7

The good news is there are only the injector and crank sensor left. As mentioned swap the injector, you already changed plugs and moved the coil again, if it still comes back I'd replace the crank sensor. Double check electrical connections and wires. Good luck..
2003 RCSB SXT-Hemi - OEM Durango rims/275/60-18 tires, AeroForce-w/wideband, Trans LP gage, 6.1 dual coil ignition, 05 fuel pump, K&N -77 CAI, Fastman TB, 20% U/D, eFan, TCI FastGate shifter, AutoMeter Shiftlite, 180 thermostat, TMR, Sonnax, 2500HD OEM Trans Cooler, Crazy Spartan/112 lsa, 2800 stall Edge Converter, DTT 4:10, LT's, Magnaflow SI/DO, duals cats, Mcgaughys 3/6 spindle kit, Monroe gasomatics shocks, Caster/camber adjusters, Caltracs traction bars, Aeon springs for bump stops Frt/Rear, 04 Laramie leather SLT 10 way seat and SLT leather steering wheel, CD/radio, stand alone OEM foglights, billet grille inserts, painted cowl (shaved) and upper bumper cover, Shaved tailgate w/EZdown, Shaved Antenna, Amplified hidden antenna, sliding rear window, welded steel Roll Pan, Hidden hitch, Sport mirrors, Painted Front bumper, Fiberglass tonneau cover, OEM bed liner, OEM SRT-10 gage pillar, billet gas door, de-badged, tint strip.

dmcelhannon

Posted: 02-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Moderator David Mack
City: McAllen
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #8

If you start a thread, be responsible and post the final outcome.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 85K/3142hrs, Knolton Thunder Cylinder Heads & HO Cams by Sawcut, 4.56 R&P/DTT, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" BFG T/A KO, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, EBC Greenstuff Roadsport Brake Pads, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, FK-60 E-Fan Controller w/relay, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars, $1600 Oil Pickup Tube

Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging,
with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

~ Waiting to fix my Ram! ~ 2-Years 41-Days and Counting! ~

olsarge

Posted: 02-17-2013, 02:04 AM
City: Fresno
State: CA
Post #9

The codes can be wrong. I just had a sparkplug in cylinder #2 blow out and take the coil with it. Code (P0208) said it was the #8 injector had problems. Not sure what a Dodge code reader would have said but that is what my dash readout said. (This was on a 2001 4.7 Dak).

Redtruck-VA

Posted: 02-17-2013, 02:28 AM
Redtruck-VA
City: Philippines/VA
State: VA
Post #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsarge View Post
The codes can be wrong. I just had a sparkplug in cylinder #2 blow out and take the coil with it. Code (P0208) said it was the #8 injector had problems. Not sure what a Dodge code reader would have said but that is what my dash readout said. (This was on a 2001 4.7 Dak).
I agree, it seems not always to be dead on, but more of a direction to consider.
2003 RCSB SXT-Hemi - OEM Durango rims/275/60-18 tires, AeroForce-w/wideband, Trans LP gage, 6.1 dual coil ignition, 05 fuel pump, K&N -77 CAI, Fastman TB, 20% U/D, eFan, TCI FastGate shifter, AutoMeter Shiftlite, 180 thermostat, TMR, Sonnax, 2500HD OEM Trans Cooler, Crazy Spartan/112 lsa, 2800 stall Edge Converter, DTT 4:10, LT's, Magnaflow SI/DO, duals cats, Mcgaughys 3/6 spindle kit, Monroe gasomatics shocks, Caster/camber adjusters, Caltracs traction bars, Aeon springs for bump stops Frt/Rear, 04 Laramie leather SLT 10 way seat and SLT leather steering wheel, CD/radio, stand alone OEM foglights, billet grille inserts, painted cowl (shaved) and upper bumper cover, Shaved tailgate w/EZdown, Shaved Antenna, Amplified hidden antenna, sliding rear window, welded steel Roll Pan, Hidden hitch, Sport mirrors, Painted Front bumper, Fiberglass tonneau cover, OEM bed liner, OEM SRT-10 gage pillar, billet gas door, de-badged, tint strip.
Closed Thread