2010 RAM 1500 with Surge and Hard 4 to 5 shift - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 02-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Cpvest2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2010 RAM 1500 with Surge and Hard 4 to 5 shift

My truck has right at 35995 miles and it started acting up this weekend. When I am driving normally I get a 500 RPM engine surge from 4th to 5th gear then it will slam into gear. I noticed it wasn't as bad this morning when it was cold but it was still there. I called the service department and they can't get me in until wednesday and by the time I get home from work and get back to the dealership my factory warranty will be up. I have the extended warranty but would prefer to not pay the deductable since this is an issue that started prior to 36000 miles. As I am typing I remember something about a powertrain warranty but not sure.

Would like to have an idea of what is going on prior to taking it into shop. I have checked fluid levels and everything appears to be fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-04-2013, 05:58 PM
mike2810

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hopefully you got the dealer to open a ticket for you and recorded the milage. This should show you reported the problem before the 36K. I also would call dodgecare (national) and open a case file before the 36K.

If yours is an 09 it may not make a diff. lifetime powertrain.

Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others." despair.com
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.