95 dakota wont start - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Dakota 1st Gen (87 -96) Forum

Closed Thread

roysduster

Question 95 dakota wont start - Posted: 02-04-2013, 01:18 AM
State: OR
Post #1

I have a 2.5 manual that was running good. Then while driving the speedo started to jump around and then lost power. Started back up and ran good, then died again.
Have checked codes have none, but now when the engine is cranked over the injector pours fuel in, and i have no spark. Have checked coil and it checks out to be good, have check wires and seem to be good, voltages are good, have installed new speed sensor, still the same problem. Have checked for the red wires in loom coming from fuse box under hood, cut loom open from box up to fire wall and did not have any red splice, had a green and couple of black wires splices that looked good.
Got any ideas on this ?
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

dodgef25

Posted: 02-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Crazy4x4RT
City: NM
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
View This User's Timeslip
Post #2

I don't know if the 4cly used crank or cam shaft sensors but that is 1 possibilty. I would start at the PCM and see if it is reciving proper power and ground inputs.

My Youtube Videos! ---My Dana 44 SAS
"No truck should ever be lowerd! NEVER"
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Preacher

Posted: 02-04-2013, 01:42 PM
State: OK
Post #3

Have you checked your timing belt?

Mine displayed the same symptoms, pulled the top cover at the timing belt off and everything looked good, but the belt had lost the teeth around the crank shaft.

You can see if the belt is turning through the peek hole in the cover, if it is not moving when you are turning over the engine your belt is toast.
Good news is the 2.4 is not an inference motor so you did not do any damage to the valves.

roysduster

engine will not start - Posted: 03-09-2013, 11:03 PM
State: OR
Post #4

thanks for the suggestions found the problem it had lost the ground on back of block from the pcm, the wire had pulled out of the harness.

Zyerx

Posted: 05-14-2013, 07:32 AM
City: Oshkosh
State: WI
Post #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Good news is the 2.4 is not an inference motor so you did not do any damage to the valves.
Is the 3.9L an interference motor?
Closed Thread