What the heck is this yellow stuff??? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Dakota 1st Gen (87 -96) Forum

Closed Thread

crucking_fazy

What the heck is this yellow stuff??? - Posted: 01-27-2013, 09:00 PM
State: PA
Post #1

I was checking my oil in my 2001 Dodge Durango that has a 4.7L engine today and i was a little low on oil. I took the oil cap off and seen all this yellow oily stuff sitting on the bottom of my oil cap. What the heck is this? Should I be concerned at all? I have never seen anything like it all my life.
I posted a pic of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oil cap.jpg (5.0 KB, 26 views)
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

olsarge

Posted: 01-28-2013, 02:46 AM
City: Fresno
State: CA
Post #2

It's condensation from the PCV being vented into the oil filler tube. Synthetic oil doesn't do it as bad. Not SUPPOSED to be harmful.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Shelby/Dakota

Posted: 01-28-2013, 12:14 PM
Dodge Fan
City: Somewhere in PA
State: PA
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #3

Same thing happens all the time in my truck. The oil fill cap gets coated in the sludge. Does not appear in the oil when I check it with the dipstick. It is just condensation from moisture building up.
Closed Thread