Got bored, found some plastidip.... - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 01-16-2013, 06:22 PM
JRH29927

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Got bored, found some plastidip....

I was dong some routine maintenance on the ram today. After which, the wife and I started washing the vehicles. We trade off, i do exterior, she does interior. Well i had finished the exterior, and the engine bay. So while waiting on her to finish, i grabbed the tape and plastidip. And went to town blacking out my cross hairs. Looks good so far, other than it started to peel up when i pulled the tape.

One thing that concerned me after i washed my truck is how bad the paint is scratched. It is really bad, and starting to concern me. I have every type of Carolina pin striping there is. Is there a way that i can fix this? or reverse some of this without getting a whole new paint job? Im not a paint guy so this is out of my league.

2006 QCSB 4.7 4x4 ST
Trucks and Guns Club Member #121
Mods so far:

Performance: not much Superchips 3865, Mopar Knock Off CAI, DIY Power Wire. Jegs 180* t-stat
Suspension: 2" TGC Level, Bilstein HD's
Exterior: Moto Metal 951's, Kumho M/T 315/70r17, Debadged, Hella 500's up front, Aux lights in rear, Front air dam delete, Smittybilt nerf bars
Sound/Interior: Alpine HU w/Alpine Type S and Kicker something or others in the back, RF 400:4 amp. Center jump set out of SLT upgrade!!!

Last edited by JRH29927; 01-16-2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Tried multiple times to fix images, if it dont work this time, i give up. look in my gallery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 PM
FreeLantz
I'm Still Here

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I'm always intrigued when I see thread titles involving Plasti-Dip and being bored. Never know what people are going to "Dip" next around this place...

But to answer your question about the scratches, it depends on how deep they are. If not all the way to the metal, some of them may buff out with a little effort. Looks like the truck is black or dark blue from the pics, and of course everything is going to show up on a dark vehicle anyway.

David Lantz
2013 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "10th Anniversary"

Retired DT Admin
Co-President, Texas Four Wheel Drive Organization Sugar Land Chapter

facebook.com/groups/TX4WDSL

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing.

#3 Old 01-16-2013, 09:53 PM
MonsoonMike
Moderator Mike

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I need to see day time pictures!

::2014 Ram 2500 CTD Crew Cab Granite Crystal Metallic::

#4 Old 01-16-2013, 10:06 PM
-Arana-
-Arana-

x2^

2012 Express Hemi Ram
Flowmaster super44/Magnaflow Y pipe/Vararam Ram Air Intake/Belltech SP 2/4 drop/U-2 55 24s/5 inch Pypes black tips/1400 Pioneer DVD/Xtant 5Channel Amp/Kicker CVR 12/Pioneer 6x9s all around/ Viper Alarm 5704/Rear View Camera/Smoked Taillights/Smoked 3rd Brake light/LED Reverse and Cargo Lights/Debadged/Custom Texans Badges/LED bulbs everywhere/Switchbacks/Black housing headlights/Tint/Eyebrow Tint/Mr. Norms roof spoiler/

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Gone But not forgotten 2008 4.7 RAM
#5 Old 01-16-2013, 10:24 PM
JRH29927

(Thread Starter)
i just want to see it in daylight! The last coat didnt go on until after dark. Hopefully it looks good.

2006 QCSB 4.7 4x4 ST
Trucks and Guns Club Member #121
Mods so far:

Performance: not much Superchips 3865, Mopar Knock Off CAI, DIY Power Wire. Jegs 180* t-stat
Suspension: 2" TGC Level, Bilstein HD's
Exterior: Moto Metal 951's, Kumho M/T 315/70r17, Debadged, Hella 500's up front, Aux lights in rear, Front air dam delete, Smittybilt nerf bars
Sound/Interior: Alpine HU w/Alpine Type S and Kicker something or others in the back, RF 400:4 amp. Center jump set out of SLT upgrade!!!
#6 Old 01-18-2013, 12:25 PM
NakedBee

I've used the Black Box wax kit from the parts store and it actually worked pretty good, but it will eventually fade away just like a normal wax job.

FYI when you spray dip like that you have to immediately pull the tape off or it will peel. Just do one heavy coat
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.