new 40" led light bar behind grille - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 – 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

cheeseburger35

new 40" led light bar behind grille - Posted: 12-23-2012, 10:29 PM
City: Oklahoma City, Ok
Post #1

"bright" headlights

just my 40" led bar

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

dmcelhannon

Posted: 12-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Moderator David Mack
City: McAllen
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #2

Me likey ...

God Squad July 1972-To Infinity and Beyond-#40 Little Rammie Ridin' Shotgun Club
287 Club Member #81 ~ Broken C Clip Club Member ~ Two-Tone Truck Club Member #13 ~ 4.56 R&P Club Member #8
Mighty Cracked Dash Enthusiast Club #11~Mother Earth Raping Big Truck Club Member #25~Truck and Gun Club Member #97

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 89K/3***hrs, 2002 Ram 45RFE Jeep GC TCM Upgrade to 5-45RFE, Knolton Thunder Cylinder Heads & HO Cams by Sawcut, 4.56 R&P/DTT, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" BFG T/A KO E's, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, EBC Greenstuff Roadsport Brake Pads, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Sonnax Line Pressure Booster, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, Lincoln E-Fan, DCC 2-Speed E-Fan Controller, 180 Jet T-Stat, Denso 160-amp Alternator, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Accele 3.5" LCD Backup System, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars, Hella 500 Black Magic-100W, Nokya Hyper Yellow Fog Lights, $1600 Oil Pick-up Tube thanks Dodge
Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging, with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

Engine Failure ~ 660+-Days and Counting Thanks To A Dodge Pin-Head Engineer

“To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he
disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”
~ Thomas Jefferson

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

nkyhemi

Posted: 12-23-2012, 11:10 PM
State: KY
Post #3

SWEET! Not cheep though.
2007 Hemi 4x4: Superchip Flashpaq- Gibson exhaust-True Flow tube w/ams oil nano fiber- N-Fab nerf bars-Rhino Liner- Bushwacker street flares- Tinted Windows-Tow Mirrors- SEMed front and rear bumpers- Galaxy DX919 c.b. w/a Wilson 2000 ant.17in. Procomp Xtreme alloy 7005 rims. Tires Fierce Attitude M/T 285/70r

Big-JCO

Posted: 12-24-2012, 12:26 AM
City: HHI
State: SC
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #4

i always wanted to do this but just too damn $$$$$$ for me.

08HEMI1500

Posted: 12-24-2012, 01:36 AM
Rookie
State: FL
Post #5

Holy smokes batman!

Military Truck Club #152

NoPlugsRequired

Posted: 12-24-2012, 01:39 AM
State: AZ
Post #6

You using the other lights too?

'12 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 4x4 CrewCab Longbed
Carli 3" "Dominator", Trussed and Hydo'd front, AFE Intake, Deleted, 4" TBE, 37" Toyo M/Ts on TrailReady 5½ Black/Black wheels, H&S Mini Maxx Race w/ Trans unlock and MCC tuned by Draconian, ISSPRO triple pillars (EGT, Boost and Drive Pressure), ISSPRO Turbo Temp Monitor, Custom Tube Bumper, Custom Bed Supports, AMP steps, Race Radio, Spare Tire Lock and enough Lighting to need sunglasses at night

ramminsilver

Posted: 12-24-2012, 08:07 AM
City: NB
State: CT
View This User's Gallery
Post #7

I love LED's. Nice addition to your front end lighting
2004 DODGE RAM 2500 LARAMIE w/ THE HEMI - BLACK ON BLACK/GRAY LEATHER - 295/70/18 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS - 18x9 FUEL BOOST 5.75" BS/+20 OFFSET - AEM BRUTE FORCE CAI -CUSTOM MAGNAFLOW CAT-BACK EXHAUST 14" SI/SO - MAGNAFLOW Y-PIPE - NGK 5306 SPARKPLUGS - DIEHARD PLATINUM BATTERY - RECON SMOKED CAB AND 3RD BRAKE LIGHTS - RECON FIRE AND ICE TAILGATE BAR - TOTAL LED CONVERSION FRONT TO REAR - BILSTEIN'S ALL AROUND - EXTANG FULLTILT TONNEAU COVER - ALPINE 9886 HEAD UNIT AND ALPINE MRP_M300 AMP - JL AUDIO 12w1v2 SUBWOOFER - AVITAL 4103 REMOTE START AND KEYLESS ENTRY - UNIQUE COATINGS FLASHTECH HIDS - 9007 6000K BI-XENON HEADS AND 9006 6000K FOGS - EZ-DOWN TAILGATE ASSIST - HUSKY FLOORMATS - SUPERCHIPS CORTEX 3950 w/ TRANNY TUNE - MOPAR REAR WHEEL WELL LINERS - BUSHWACKER EXTEND-A-FENDERS - TEKONSHA PRODIGY BRAKE CONTROLLER-AUTO METER FACTORY MATCHED TRANNY TEMP GAUGE

cheeseburger35

Posted: 12-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Post #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPlugsRequired View Post
You using the other lights too?
Yeah on my grizzly four wheeler I've got another order for a second 40" gonna run 2 behind the grille thinking of mounting one somewhere in the rear for backing up

opposite locker

Posted: 12-25-2012, 05:33 AM
State: CA
View This User's Gallery
Post #9

Take it out from behind the grill & you'll get a lot more light. Or if you want the protection, switch to a more transparent grill (ie big mouth w/honeycomb inserts - will block less light. Looks great!
SSBC F&R brake upgrade; Bilstein struts; Fox 2.0 shocks; McGaughy shackles; Hellwig rear sway; Bosch euro beams BTG; Hella CELIS tails; Mopar w2w steps; Airaid MIT; Magnaflow muffler & Y; Mopar wheel-well liners; 33's on 20" Centerlines; Aspen steering wheel w/SWAC; SRT brake & clutch pedals; heated/cooled Infiniti leather driver seat; Bedrug mat; BedRyder seats
'97 Ram 2500 CTD 4wd 5spd flatbed (247k) - plenty of fuel with a stock turbo
'14 CTS-V estate 6spd
'84 euro 635csi 5spd

NoPlugsRequired

Posted: 12-25-2012, 08:55 AM
Post #10

Is it a rigid lightbar?

I'd like to get one too... and would like to get something for the rear of the truck as well as mounting a set under the trailer so I can see when backing it up at night.

Carli 3" "Dominator", Trussed and Hydo'd front, AFE Intake, Deleted, 4" TBE, 37" Toyo M/Ts on TrailReady 5½ Black/Black wheels, H&S Mini Maxx Race w/ Trans unlock and MCC tuned by Draconian, ISSPRO triple pillars (EGT, Boost and Drive Pressure), ISSPRO Turbo Temp Monitor, Custom Tube Bumper, Custom Bed Supports, AMP steps, Race Radio, Spare Tire Lock and enough Lighting to need sunglasses at night

Ron380

Posted: 12-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Just a Comedian.
City: Ohio
State: OH
Post #11

NoPlugs- when I used to drive a tractor-trailer, the best lighting I saw for backing was a nice, bright floodlight on each side of the cab, facing rearward and angled-out about 40 degrees.
I bought some smaller LED lights I'm going to try mounting under the rear bumper on my truck, so I can see better where the rear wheels are. (Like finding the edge of the driveway.)

Eventually I would like an LED bar on the front of mine, too...

cheeseburger35

Posted: 12-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Post #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by opposite locker View Post
Take it out from behind the grill & you'll get a lot more light. Or if you want the protection, switch to a more transparent grill (ie big mouth w/honeycomb inserts - will block less light. Looks great!
Already have a grille ordered but since its above the crossbar the only light loss is from the center bar and with my hood open you can't even notice the difference in light output I won't put it outside the grille bc that's just asking to have it stolen lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPlugsRequired View Post
Is it a rigid lightbar?

I'd like to get one too... and would like to get something for the rear of the truck as well as mounting a set under the trailer so I can see when backing it up at night.
Almost lol

01KotaQuad

Posted: 12-25-2012, 09:32 AM
State: OTHER
View This User's Gallery
Post #13

looks bad ass man. There's a guy here in Houston that sells those too, plashlights.com I think...if u need a new grill emblem hit me up!

http://www.facebook.com/downsouthkustomstx

downsouthkustomstx@gmail.com

fultonwrestler

Posted: 12-25-2012, 02:41 PM
City: Fulton
State: MO
Post #14

what widemouth grill did you get? and that looks great!

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 5.7L HEMI Atlantic Blue and Bright silver
Blue Truck Club member #258

MODS:
Eagle Alloys Series 186 wrapped in 315/70/17 BFG All-Terrain T/A KO's--Bushwacker Pocket Style Flares--Clear Corner Headlights--Weathertech Floor Mats--Elite Limit Hood Spears W/ HEMI Written Within (Bright Silver To Match Rockers)--Debadged--SRT10 Center Dash Bezel--K&N CAI--Ebay riveted RBP knockoff wide mouth grill--Superchips Tuner--electric exhaust cutout--magnaflow y-pipe

and an empty wallet

07MegaCabRam

Posted: 12-25-2012, 04:59 PM
::Mike::
City: Chandler
Post #15

Put that light outside the grill. You'll get more light. A buddy of mine has one and loves it!

Actually, everyone now has them..

::2007 Dodge Ram MegaCab 4x4 5.7L Hemi::
Factory 4th Gen 17x8 Wheels, 35" Nitto Trail Grappler MTs, KC 5" Apollo Lights in Factory Fog Light Location. Flowmaster Original 40 Series Muffler,
Painted B Pillars, Kenwood Sound System. Defender-PRO Spray in Bedliner I sprayed myself, TonnoPro Tri-fold Tonneau Cover, 15% Window Tint applied by myself, Superchips FlashPaq 3842,
Carli Progressive 3" coils and Bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners. Updated 08+ Steering and Carli Steering Stabilizer 7100. 1.5" blocks in the rear. Carli Adjustable Trackbar.
Jimmi Jammer Door locks installed in all 4 doors. Kenwood DNX5120 head unit with 2 Kenwood 10"s, Kenwood 5 channel amp and Kenwood Components in all 4 doors.

RIP MOPAR FAN (Al - July 22, 1946 - April 05, 2014) DodgeTalk Long Time Family Member/Moderator

cheeseburger35

Posted: 12-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Post #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonwrestler View Post
what widemouth grill did you get? and that looks great!
same one you did .. i want a rubberfrog one but i guess he doesn't make them anymore

07MegaCabRam

Posted: 12-25-2012, 05:02 PM
::Mike::
City: Chandler
Post #17

Patton makes a bracket to fit in the bumper. Not sure it goes to 40 though..

::2007 Dodge Ram MegaCab 4x4 5.7L Hemi::
Factory 4th Gen 17x8 Wheels, 35" Nitto Trail Grappler MTs, KC 5" Apollo Lights in Factory Fog Light Location. Flowmaster Original 40 Series Muffler,
Painted B Pillars, Kenwood Sound System. Defender-PRO Spray in Bedliner I sprayed myself, TonnoPro Tri-fold Tonneau Cover, 15% Window Tint applied by myself, Superchips FlashPaq 3842,
Carli Progressive 3" coils and Bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners. Updated 08+ Steering and Carli Steering Stabilizer 7100. 1.5" blocks in the rear. Carli Adjustable Trackbar.
Jimmi Jammer Door locks installed in all 4 doors. Kenwood DNX5120 head unit with 2 Kenwood 10"s, Kenwood 5 channel amp and Kenwood Components in all 4 doors.

RIP MOPAR FAN (Al - July 22, 1946 - April 05, 2014) DodgeTalk Long Time Family Member/Moderator

cheeseburger35

Posted: 12-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Post #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07MegaCabRam View Post
Put that light outside the grill. You'll get more light. A buddy of mine has one and loves it!

Actually, everyone now has them..

there isn't a noticeable difference in light output with the hood and grille up or down so it's staying behind the grille i tested it before i mounted it and i'm not spending a ton of money on lights just to make them easy to steal lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07MegaCabRam View Post
Patton makes a bracket to fit in the bumper. Not sure it goes to 40 though..

can't imagine it does seeing the 40 i have with brackets looks wider than that opening and i also have dual row lights which wouldn't fit well there

JonRoc

Posted: 12-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Creature Of The Wheel
City: Near Nashville
State: TN
Post #19

I like it, stealth & very bright. Ain't cheap, but if I won the lottery I'd get one.

Sept 14 Hendersonville, TN BWW GTG Signups
560 Photos From 19 TN GTGs From Sept 09-Now
Mopar Strong Facebook Group

Red 07 Ram RC 2/4.5 2WD 4.7
Installed or Soon To Be:
McGaughys Deluxe 2/4.5-OEM SRT10 Hood-TMD Bumper Cover-EFX Rollpan-GrillCraft MX Grille
Offroad 17s Plastidipped-Flame Red Heads-SC3865-Airaid CAI-70mm TB-MF YPipe-Jet 180 Tstat
DMH ECutout-Jet Stream Scoop-SRT10 Wing-15% Tint-Nuvi 50LM-Cree 9W Rev LEDs-Radio Bez Painted Red
NS'ed Sonar Smoked LED Tails & Recon 3rd-Hawk HPS Pads-Belltech Street Shocks
Tailgate Bar-PW-6" Stubbie-BT Emblem-Mopar Batt Shield-Bosch Icon Blades-3W Int LEDs
Going To Buy Someday:
Matte Black Hood Stripe & Roof Wrap-New Floormats-Aeon Bump Stops-CF Mirror Covers
Alpine Sys-BT Int Pieces-Gibson Shorties GP316S

NoPlugsRequired

Posted: 12-26-2012, 01:04 AM
Post #20

It's "almost" a Rigid Industries light bar?

Closed Thread