2010 TRX "Murdered-Out" Transformation Progress (PICS!) - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 – Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

Dskirtech

2010 TRX "Murdered-Out" Transformation Progress (PICS!) - Posted: 12-10-2012, 09:30 AM
City: Madison
State: MS
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

Thanks to all who have gladly assisted and answered my stupid questions as i have gotten comfy with the 4th Gen platform. i am LOVING my truck and really starting to see the final masterpiece in my head now with some solid progress made. i have a baby (Little girl) on the way, so i am trying to fast track the MAJOR things in the transformation now while I can.

Bone Stock "Grandpa Mobile":
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2551.JPG (73.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2557.JPG (81.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2560.JPG (64.3 KB, 27 views)
/...Not Stock ... /
.....Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end..........

SUPPORT THOSE WHO SUPPORT DODGETALK

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dskirtech

Posted: 12-10-2012, 09:32 AM
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

First Steps:

Kill the running boards
Bilstien 5100 Level (a bit more effort than i thought it would be)
VHT the Tails and Mirror under carriage lenses
Install Toolbox
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2643.JPG (94.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2613.JPG (114.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2644.JPG (86.3 KB, 25 views)
/...Not Stock ... /
.....Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end..........

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Dskirtech

Posted: 12-10-2012, 09:33 AM
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

Next Step, Wheels & Tires
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2742.JPG (69.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2743.JPG (89.8 KB, 28 views)
/...Not Stock ... /

myoung84

Posted: 12-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Administrator
City: Broken Arrow
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #4

That's already a major improvement! Looks great!

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Vararam Intake | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks @ 2.1" | Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
Bora 1.25" Spacers | AirLift Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | Undercover LUX Bed Cover | BedRug

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Overland Hemi

Magnaflow Exhaust | Volant Intake | Diablo inTune w/Hemifever Tuning | BT Oil Catch Can

Dskirtech

Posted: 12-10-2012, 09:37 AM
View This User's Gallery
Post #5

So far:

- Cortex Programmer
- Bilstien 5100 Level
- VHT tinted Tails, mirror lenses, etc
- XD Rockstars
- Nitto Trail Grapplers
- Black Low-Pro Toolbox
- Body color matched Antena mount

Next Items on the list:

- Smoke (or paint) Headlights & Fogs
- Debadge
- Tint front windows
- Air Grabber CAI
- POSSIBLE black rhino lining of Silver painted trim
- Bushwhacker Flares
- NFAB or GoRhino Step bars (prego wife is insisting)

Anyway, Thanks again to all who have helped me decide and answer questions.

What else am i missing?!?!?
/...Not Stock ... /

Dskirtech

Posted: 12-10-2012, 09:39 AM
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoung84 View Post
That's already a major improvement! Looks great!
Thanks man! Im impressed so far. not a huge fan of the XD Rockstars, but i picked these up with under 8000 miles on them from a co worker.... $1200 for the set with Trail Grapplers and TPMS installed. i couldnt hardly pass that up.
/...Not Stock ... /

myoung84

Posted: 12-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Administrator
Post #7

That's a great deal on the wheels, you can't buy the tires for that much.

For the steps, I would consider Bestop powerboards. They drop down lower than any other step and will be much safer for your prego wife to climb on. The N-Fab style steps don't give you much of a step and can be slick when wet. The powerboards will also be nice when you start having to load the car seat in the truck.

Congrats on the baby! I've got a prego wife due in July...

Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Vararam Intake | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks @ 2.1" | Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
Bora 1.25" Spacers | AirLift Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | Undercover LUX Bed Cover | BedRug

Magnaflow Exhaust | Volant Intake | Diablo inTune w/Hemifever Tuning | BT Oil Catch Can

ITSARAM

Posted: 12-10-2012, 09:54 AM
City: Fairfax Va
State: VA
Post #8

Nice looking truck!
I will be doing the Bilsteins/wheels/ tires thing too within a few weeks.

Also congrats on the impending new addition to your family.
My son (John Dodge Hoffman) was born on Thursday.

09 Quad TRX4 HEMI
Detonator Yellow

Hot-rodicus supersonicus

Vader2014

Posted: 12-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Texas RAM Dude
City: Sugar Land
State: TX
Post #9

Your TRX is a 2WD correct? Explain what you did to level it.... please!

Never mind....duh.... I can see in the pic that it is NOT 4WD! Sorry man! Looks great so far!

I have the same truck as you, except 2WD. I recently added black headlights. It makes a world of difference in the looks.
OLD: 2010 TRX: Lots of cool stuff

myoung84

Posted: 12-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Administrator
Post #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRXHemi View Post
Your TRX is a 2WD correct? Explain what you did to level it.... please!

Never mind....duh.... I can see in the pic that it is NOT 4WD! Sorry man! Looks great so far!

I have the same truck as you, except 2WD. I recently added black headlights. It makes a world of difference in the looks.
I see a half shaft in the tear down pics, it's a 4wd....

Dskirtech

Posted: 12-10-2012, 10:24 AM
View This User's Gallery
Post #11

Yes,

4WD... The bilstiens were a bit labor intense on the 4WD install, but let me say this... WELLLLLLLLLLLL worth it. So much so Ill soon be replacing the rear shocks with them as well. the ride is night and day difference.

COngrats on the New addition and upcoming July Baby! Our lil minion is due March 31.

Ill look into the Drop Bars.
/...Not Stock ... /

Dskirtech

Posted: 12-10-2012, 10:28 AM
View This User's Gallery
Post #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRXHemi View Post
. ....I recently added black headlights. It makes a world of difference in the looks......
Do you have any pics? Seeing you have the identical truck, it will help me visualize it better. I am debating BLACK vs. smoked lenses ONLY because with the silver two-tone, Im thinking the smokes lenses will balance out better than blacked out.
/...Not Stock ... /

98hemi-ram

Posted: 12-10-2012, 10:58 AM
City: Lindsay
State: ON
View This User's Garage
Post #13

Truck is looking good so far!! And congrats on the baby. Looks like there will be lots DT babies soon as my girlfriend is due at the start at the start of march!!

98 Ram 1500 RCSB 2wd - 5.7 Hemi swapped
5.7 Hemi ,comp 260 cam, 87mm TB, 180* t-stat, EGR deleted, dual 14" electric fans, K&N cai, A/C deleted, diablo Intune 91 tune (custom tuning to come soon), sharadon stage 3 valve body, true duals with flowmaster super 44's and 70's challenger style tips, 4.10 gears, Detroit True-Trac, 3rd gen 20's, aftermarket 1pc headlights, LED tails/3rd brake lights, CREE LED reverse lights, blue LED dash, LED dome lights, LED strips in the box, red LEDs behind grill, 5% tinted windows, 2/4 drop, hard tonneau cover, BedRug box liner
15.01 @ 93.80mph

06 Ram 1500 QCSB 4x4
5.7 Hemi, superchips 91 tune, flowmaster super 40, leveled with bilstein 5100's, 5% tint all around, KC high lites behind the grill, CREE LED reverse lights, hard tonneau cover

Dodge4L1fe

Posted: 12-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Bye Bye
State: OTHER
View This User's Gallery
Post #14

Looks great already! What size wheels and tires?

Mattones

Posted: 12-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Lamborghini & Ram Forever
City: Burlington
State: ON
View This User's Gallery
Post #15

AWESOME!

Do something with the head lights paint the inside housing darker so they dont stick out too much :P

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Quad Cab 5.7 Hemi Dual Exhaust
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=331475&stc=1&d=1312849  075

Thor09

Posted: 12-10-2012, 02:33 PM
State: PA
Post #16

I like the improvements, keep up the good work and congrats

2012 Outdoorsman 1500

|6" RCX, Bilstein 5100s @ 2.8", Air Lift 1000 airbags, TGC 1.5" Rear Coil spacers|Cooper STT 37x12.50 on Fuel Maverick 17x10 -24 offset|
|GoRhino Dominator II steps|Westin Lightbar|Bullys Performance LED bar|G2 Bakflip|Line-x bed|Weathertech Mats|Mopar Door Sills|AEM Brute Force CAI|Mygig Lockpick v.5|Diablosport Trinity w/ Hemifever tune|
|MG Painted Quads|Morimoto Projectors/Halos|Phillips LED Tails|6K HIDs|Recon White Lightning Lightbar|14" Magnaflow w/no resonator|

Dskirtech

Posted: 12-10-2012, 02:40 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge4L1fe View Post
Looks great already! What size wheels and tires?
Thanks guys!

20X10 Rockstars w/ 295/55R20 Trail Grapplers.
/...Not Stock ... /

4U2NV

Posted: 12-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Gangum Style
City: Victoria
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
Post #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskirtech View Post
Do you have any pics? Seeing you have the identical truck, it will help me visualize it better. I am debating BLACK vs. smoked lenses ONLY because with the silver two-tone, Im thinking the smokes lenses will balance out better than blacked out.
Nice truck. Here's mine with the painted headlights and lamin-x fogs..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resampled_2012-10-04_19-15-23_725.jpg (227.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 101612110946.jpg (140.0 KB, 10 views)

Sic Made Ryda

Posted: 12-10-2012, 08:47 PM
The Outdoorsman 2500
City: Moore
State: OK
View This User's Gallery
Post #19

Truck is looking SICK dude! Awesome job

2012 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman

Retro Solutions 5k Heads and Fogs / Lamin-X Smoke Heads and Fogs / Smoked LED Cab Lights / LED Cargo Lights / LED CREE Reverse Lights / Taillight and 3rd Brake Light Tint Level 1 / Factory Match Tint / Color Match Bushwacker Pocket Style Flares / Custom Painted Hood / Paint Matched Mirrors / Paint Matched Door Handels / Custom Painted Grill / Blacked Out Ram Head Badges / Debadged / 20x9 BMF Novacane Stealth Wheels / 35/12.50/20 Toyo Open Country MT Tires / Ready Lift 2" Level Kit / Bilstein 5100's / LED Dome Lights (White) / Weather Tech Floor Mats / Alpine 12" Type R / 12" Sealed Fox Box / Alpine 600 Watt Amp / LMI Carbon Fiber Mid Tube With Relocated IAT Sensor / AT3030XL Dumped

Posted: 12-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Fükken Retro'd Moderator
City: Florissant
State: MO
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #20

very nice Dane!

DodgeTalk Moderator / Official DodgeTalk Supporter

Retro Shop - HID Projector Retros, Headlight Painting, HIDs / Lighting accessories / Need a quote? Email me please - jeremy@retroshop.us

Fukken Wax Specials: Specials here! / Join our Fükken Facebook page!

Closed Thread