Anybody in the ATLANTA, GA area with Hemi Valve spring tool - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 12-10-2012, 09:29 AM
rowdog_14

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Anybody in the ATLANTA, GA area with Hemi Valve spring tool

I am doing a cam swap and have the cam in and just need to do the springs. I can rent it for $15 a week but they charge $199 up front. Here is a link http://airram.com/product.php?catego...productid=1534

I do not have the $199 to spare right now. I have a sprint tool that work fine on the factory 5.7 springs but with these 6.1 springs they have a metal jacket the bottom of the spring so I can not use the spring compressor that I have.

If anyone in the area has the hemi spring to or something that will work with these 6.1 hemi springs let me know, thanks.

Current upgrades
- Jet 180 - Mopar Gauges- Class IV hitch - Borla Cat-Back - 4ga Dynamic Grounding - 10ga TB grounding - Sonnax trans line pressure - BBK Shorties#4009 - TheFastMan 85mm Throttle Body - SCT HemiFever Custom Tune - Magnaflow y-pipe #10748 - Doug's cutout #H1131 - K&N Intake 57-1533 - Comp 268 Cam -6.1 springs, pushrods- Summit UD Pulley, Flex-A-Lite 183 E-Fan-McGaughys shackles-Motive 4.56 gears(need install)

Upgrades to come and I am done:
1.Edge Torque Converter (2400-2600) 2. Race Ready Electric cutout 3. Detroit True Trac 4.SSBC Big Brake Kit 5. Hellwig or Belltech Sway Bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-10-2012, 10:26 AM
blk05hemi

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
rowdog try pm'ing weedahoe. He's in Georgia and i'm sure he'll help you out.

2005 QC S/B Hemi Sport

Performance:Vararam Intake/Dynatech's w/Hi-Flow Cat's&Stage 8's/Borla/Daytona Exhaust/Black Magic E-Fan/Ported&Polished TB/Jet 180* Tsat/Predetor Tuner/BellTech swaybar/TA Performance Cover/Amsol Fluid's

Apperance:SRT-10 Rear Spoiler/Hemi badges on scoop/Scoop Insert/Line of Fire/Easy-Down/Painted Caliber's/Billet strut cover's

Interior:Triple Pillar Pod w/Phantom Gauges-Wideband Afr-Oil-Water/Custom led's/Billet-Ram head knob's-Door pin's-Power window panel's-Glove box dash plate& more/Daytona mat's
#3 Old 12-10-2012, 11:06 AM
rowdog_14

(Thread Starter)
Yeah I thought about that but he is pretty far away. I will check with him

Current upgrades
- Jet 180 - Mopar Gauges- Class IV hitch - Borla Cat-Back - 4ga Dynamic Grounding - 10ga TB grounding - Sonnax trans line pressure - BBK Shorties#4009 - TheFastMan 85mm Throttle Body - SCT HemiFever Custom Tune - Magnaflow y-pipe #10748 - Doug's cutout #H1131 - K&N Intake 57-1533 - Comp 268 Cam -6.1 springs, pushrods- Summit UD Pulley, Flex-A-Lite 183 E-Fan-McGaughys shackles-Motive 4.56 gears(need install)

1.Edge Torque Converter (2400-2600) 2. Race Ready Electric cutout 3. Detroit True Trac 4.SSBC Big Brake Kit 5. Hellwig or Belltech Sway Bar
#4 Old 12-10-2012, 11:28 AM
blk05hemi

He's your best bet for getting the tool the quickest, being he ship's stuff all the time. Mike's good people and i'm pretty sure he has more than 1 tool. Good Luck Bro!

2005 QC S/B Hemi Sport

Performance:Vararam Intake/Dynatech's w/Hi-Flow Cat's&Stage 8's/Borla/Daytona Exhaust/Black Magic E-Fan/Ported&Polished TB/Jet 180* Tsat/Predetor Tuner/BellTech swaybar/TA Performance Cover/Amsol Fluid's

Apperance:SRT-10 Rear Spoiler/Hemi badges on scoop/Scoop Insert/Line of Fire/Easy-Down/Painted Caliber's/Billet strut cover's

Interior:Triple Pillar Pod w/Phantom Gauges-Wideband Afr-Oil-Water/Custom led's/Billet-Ram head knob's-Door pin's-Power window panel's-Glove box dash plate& more/Daytona mat's
#5 Old 12-10-2012, 12:44 PM
rowdog_14

(Thread Starter)
Just talked to him he does not have any. I am going to try my luck with the regular spring compressor and if it is to much then I will just go to Summit and get one.

Current upgrades

#6 Old 12-10-2012, 07:55 PM
blk05hemi

Just so you know, Inertia rent's them to, with the pushrod alignment tool. You could give Stu a call and maybe get it overnighted? Worth a try.

2005 QC S/B Hemi Sport

#7 Old 12-10-2012, 08:31 PM
rowdog_14

(Thread Starter)
No I did not know that I will check with Inertia too....

Well here is an update. Went to Autozone and got a cylinder air pressure gauge and a Hamonic Balancer installer. I sucessfully took off the factory 5.7 springs and then went and compressed the 6.1 springs and almost had it but it was just not enough room. So I put the 5.7 spring back on and cut the air off ....If these dang 6.1 springs did not have the dang metal jacket I would have these springs done tonight.

Yeah that tool would be nice and that is what I am looking for....I can get one at summit but I really do not want to pay for something that high and only probably use it once.

Oh well back to the drawing board.

Current upgrades

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.