Anybody in the ATLANTA, GA area with Hemi Valve spring tool - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

rowdog_14

Anybody in the ATLANTA, GA area with Hemi Valve spring tool - Posted: 12-10-2012, 08:29 AM
City: Austell, GA
State: GA
Post #1

I am doing a cam swap and have the cam in and just need to do the springs. I can rent it for $15 a week but they charge $199 up front. Here is a link http://airram.com/product.php?catego...productid=1534

I do not have the $199 to spare right now. I have a sprint tool that work fine on the factory 5.7 springs but with these 6.1 springs they have a metal jacket the bottom of the spring so I can not use the spring compressor that I have.

If anyone in the area has the hemi spring to or something that will work with these 6.1 hemi springs let me know, thanks.
- Jet 180 - Mopar Gauges- Class IV hitch - Borla Cat-Back - 4ga Dynamic Grounding - 10ga TB grounding - Sonnax trans line pressure - BBK Shorties#4009 - TheFastMan 85mm Throttle Body - SCT HemiFever Custom Tune - Magnaflow y-pipe #10748 - Doug's cutout #H1131 - K&N Intake 57-1533 - Comp 268 Cam -6.1 springs, pushrods- Summit UD Pulley, Flex-A-Lite 183 E-Fan-McGaughys shackles-Motive 4.56 gears(need install)

Upgrades to come and I am done:
1.Edge Torque Converter (2400-2600) 2. Race Ready Electric cutout 3. Detroit True Trac 4.SSBC Big Brake Kit 5. Hellwig or Belltech Sway Bar
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

blk05hemi

Posted: 12-10-2012, 09:26 AM
State: FL
Post #2

rowdog try pm'ing weedahoe. He's in Georgia and i'm sure he'll help you out.

Performance:Vararam Intake/Dynatech's w/Hi-Flow Cat's&Stage 8's/Borla/Daytona Exhaust/Black Magic E-Fan/Ported&Polished TB/Jet 180* Tsat/Predetor Tuner/BellTech swaybar/TA Performance Cover/Amsol Fluid's

Apperance:SRT-10 Rear Spoiler/Hemi badges on scoop/Scoop Insert/Line of Fire/Easy-Down/Painted Caliber's/Billet strut cover's

Interior:Triple Pillar Pod w/Phantom Gauges-Wideband Afr-Oil-Water/Custom led's/Billet-Ram head knob's-Door pin's-Power window panel's-Glove box dash plate& more/Daytona mat's
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

rowdog_14

Posted: 12-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Post #3

Yeah I thought about that but he is pretty far away. I will check with him
- Jet 180 - Mopar Gauges- Class IV hitch - Borla Cat-Back - 4ga Dynamic Grounding - 10ga TB grounding - Sonnax trans line pressure - BBK Shorties#4009 - TheFastMan 85mm Throttle Body - SCT HemiFever Custom Tune - Magnaflow y-pipe #10748 - Doug's cutout #H1131 - K&N Intake 57-1533 - Comp 268 Cam -6.1 springs, pushrods- Summit UD Pulley, Flex-A-Lite 183 E-Fan-McGaughys shackles-Motive 4.56 gears(need install)

1.Edge Torque Converter (2400-2600) 2. Race Ready Electric cutout 3. Detroit True Trac 4.SSBC Big Brake Kit 5. Hellwig or Belltech Sway Bar

blk05hemi

Posted: 12-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Post #4

He's your best bet for getting the tool the quickest, being he ship's stuff all the time. Mike's good people and i'm pretty sure he has more than 1 tool. Good Luck Bro!

Performance:Vararam Intake/Dynatech's w/Hi-Flow Cat's&Stage 8's/Borla/Daytona Exhaust/Black Magic E-Fan/Ported&Polished TB/Jet 180* Tsat/Predetor Tuner/BellTech swaybar/TA Performance Cover/Amsol Fluid's

Apperance:SRT-10 Rear Spoiler/Hemi badges on scoop/Scoop Insert/Line of Fire/Easy-Down/Painted Caliber's/Billet strut cover's

Interior:Triple Pillar Pod w/Phantom Gauges-Wideband Afr-Oil-Water/Custom led's/Billet-Ram head knob's-Door pin's-Power window panel's-Glove box dash plate& more/Daytona mat's

rowdog_14

Posted: 12-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Post #5

Just talked to him he does not have any. I am going to try my luck with the regular spring compressor and if it is to much then I will just go to Summit and get one.

blk05hemi

Posted: 12-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Post #6

Just so you know, Inertia rent's them to, with the pushrod alignment tool. You could give Stu a call and maybe get it overnighted? Worth a try.

rowdog_14

Posted: 12-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Post #7

No I did not know that I will check with Inertia too....

Well here is an update. Went to Autozone and got a cylinder air pressure gauge and a Hamonic Balancer installer. I sucessfully took off the factory 5.7 springs and then went and compressed the 6.1 springs and almost had it but it was just not enough room. So I put the 5.7 spring back on and cut the air off ....If these dang 6.1 springs did not have the dang metal jacket I would have these springs done tonight.

Yeah that tool would be nice and that is what I am looking for....I can get one at summit but I really do not want to pay for something that high and only probably use it once.

Oh well back to the drawing board.

Closed Thread