Dealer work not showing up with Mopar Records - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

#1 Old 12-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Tobor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Dealer work not showing up with Mopar Records

You may want to compare the work the dearler has done to your truck and what is listed as work done on the Dodge Owners web site.

I've had my truck to the dealer over the last two years for regular maintainance, a few warranty service items, and the 12K or 15K (Don't remember) servicing.

Anyway, I went to the Dodge owners site and the only work listed as being done to my truck was the very first oil change. There's a warning flag for my vehicle saying that it's way past serving (12k miles).

It may not be a big deal, but I'd hate to have dodge say I've been missing the scheduled maintaince if something big goes wrong with the truck. I save all receipts from the dealer for work done, but I wanted to have a record with Dodge for the problems that the dealer says they couldn't replicate (ie "Customer complains of knocking noise in engine", "Customer says shifting is erratic" etc)

Box Stock: 2011 White Gold Ram 1500 SLT CrewCab - 4x4 - 5.7 Hemi - 3.92 LSD - Integrated Trailer Brake

Added:
Cooper AT3 tires
Mopar Chrome Lower Body Moldings,
Mopar Fog Lights,
Mopar front & rear Skid Plates,
Leer 180 Cap w/Wilderness Package,
Rage roof mounted Cargo Basket
Weathertech over the hump floor mats
Clazzio Leather seat covers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Dillyw

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Go figure! They don't care to bother to fill it out!
Dodge service is the worst I ever come across, they just don't care after the buy!

2011 2500 5.7L
2003 3500 CTD

2003 1500 5.7 - sold!
#3 Old 12-09-2012, 02:47 PM
trooperjoe73
Run, see what happens!

"They" as in Dodge or "they" as in the dealership you dealt with?

2012 RAM 1500 Lone Star Crew Cab 4X4:
Mods:
1. Window Tint / Windshield AS1 Line
2. Top Gun Customz 2.5" Leveling Kit
3. Code Alarm CA3051/Glass Break
4. Daystar .75" Rear Spacer
5. Truck Champ 4" Black Oval Steps
6. 275/65/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers
7. 20X9 - XD Crank (Machined) Rims
8. Laramie Flares
9. Grill-Back to Chrome w/ black honey-comb (previous color matched)
NEXT: Not sure. Maybe Line-X.
#4 Old 12-09-2012, 04:15 PM
rowdog_14

I did a carfax run on my truck a few months ago and all of my work was listed on the carfax site. My work was done at a Chevy dealer where I purchased my truck.

Current upgrades
- Jet 180 - Mopar Gauges- Class IV hitch - Borla Cat-Back - 4ga Dynamic Grounding - 10ga TB grounding - Sonnax trans line pressure - BBK Shorties#4009 - TheFastMan 85mm Throttle Body - SCT HemiFever Custom Tune - Magnaflow y-pipe #10748 - Doug's cutout #H1131 - K&N Intake 57-1533 - Comp 268 Cam -6.1 springs, pushrods- Summit UD Pulley, Flex-A-Lite 183 E-Fan-McGaughys shackles-Motive 4.56 gears(need install)

Upgrades to come and I am done:
1.Edge Torque Converter (2400-2600) 2. Race Ready Electric cutout 3. Detroit True Trac 4.SSBC Big Brake Kit 5. Hellwig or Belltech Sway Bar
#5 Old 12-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Dillyw

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooperjoe73 View Post
"They" as in Dodge or "they" as in the dealership you dealt with?
All dodge dealerships I have visited. Switched dealers due to problems and run into more!! 90% of dodge owners are NOT happy with theirs either.

2011 2500 5.7L
2003 3500 CTD

2003 1500 5.7 - sold!
#6 Old 12-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Noved
Ram n Ram Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobor View Post
You may want to compare the work the dearler has done to your truck and what is listed as work done on the Dodge Owners web site.

I've had my truck to the dealer over the last two years for regular maintainance, a few warranty service items, and the 12K or 15K (Don't remember) servicing.

Anyway, I went to the Dodge owners site and the only work listed as being done to my truck was the very first oil change. There's a warning flag for my vehicle saying that it's way past serving (12k miles).

It may not be a big deal, but I'd hate to have dodge say I've been missing the scheduled maintaince if something big goes wrong with the truck. I save all receipts from the dealer for work done, but I wanted to have a record with Dodge for the problems that the dealer says they couldn't replicate (ie "Customer complains of knocking noise in engine", "Customer says shifting is erratic" etc)

I am surprised you got the Dodge owners page to work for you. Mine says system unavailable to add vehicle but somehow my Avenger is there but almost a month after I purchased my 12 I cannot add it to my garage. I call them and email the support center everyday and they keep saying make sure your login and password is correct. Until they fix my issue I guess they will have to deal with my bad surveys. Sorry to Hijack the thread but it may be the owners page malfunctioning which it does everyday and does not miss a beat.

2012 Ram 1500 Bighorn 5.7L Hemi QC 4x4 3.92s 6 Speed Auto with ERS
MODS Moe's 85mm TB
2011 Black Dodge Avenger 2.4L I4 - Wife now drives 85% of time
Former Trucks
2011 Ram 2500 5.7L Hemi CC 4x4 4.10s (2 Years ownership)
2008 Ram 1500 3.7L V6 RCLB 4x2 3.92s (3 Years ownership)
Former Mineral Grey Club Member #77
#7 Old 12-09-2012, 09:36 PM
FreeLantz
I'm Still Here

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillyw View Post
90% of dodge owners are NOT happy with theirs either.

I take it then, you asked every single Dodge owner and compiled this scientific data yourself?

Look, there are good dealers and bad dealers. If you stumble on a bad one, at least it's usually not a long drive to another one.

Chrysler post-Daimler and Cerberus has gotten a lot more serious about keeping customers happy, accepting many warranty claims that previous management wouldn't have, and weeding out under-performing dealerships.

I've been very happy with the brand new (awarded franchise since the bankruptcy) CJD dealer closest to me, I am impressed that they went out of their way to hire experienced techs with five years or more of service since they were a new store, and the service writers really know their stuff. I had my Jeep there for some recalls (I just bought it, previous owner never had them done) and installation of OEM foglights. The service writer even took time to give me tips for things totally unrelated, such as snugging down the soft top better and where to buy better hood latches.

The moral is, if your dealer acts like they don't want your business, don't give it to them. There will be another who will gladly take their place.

David Lantz
2013 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "10th Anniversary"

Retired DT Admin
Co-President, Texas Four Wheel Drive Organization Sugar Land Chapter

facebook.com/groups/TX4WDSL

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing.

#8 Old 12-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Dillyw

Seems like your that 1 in 10 that has a good dealer!
New dealer always try to buy over customers btw. Like you said if one is bad find another,well I did just that and at first they were great! Probably due to me being new to them. Second visit not so good and third has me wondering if I ever go back!
Anyway glad u got good dealer , hard to come across one lol
And no I did not ask anyone! I'm just going by what is real, i browse a few dodge forums and 1 out of 10 average is happy with their dealer and most are afraid to take their trucks in for warranty work lol. If you don't think so that's fine .. Who cares? It is what it is.

2011 2500 5.7L
2003 3500 CTD

2003 1500 5.7 - sold!
#9 Old 12-09-2012, 11:03 PM
fanatic1

I have been very happy with my dealerships service department
#10 Old 12-10-2012, 11:42 AM
1982_Ironhead

I have bought trucks from two different dealers, the first one's service department was terrible. The second one was great.

2010 Ram 2500 Hemi Crew Cab Big Horn 4x4
#11 Old 12-10-2012, 12:44 PM
ITSARAM

I have 6 dealers within 20 miles of my house. Of the 5 where I have had work done , I would say that 4 were very good and 1 was fair.
Sadly, the one that I rated as fair is the closest to my house.

09 Quad TRX4 HEMI
Detonator Yellow

Hot-rodicus supersonicus
#12 Old 12-10-2012, 01:02 PM
SlimTex

Some of my records didn't show up either.

2011 2500 CCSB Cummins tuned by H&S, sprung by Carli, rolling on Toyo's.
#13 Old 12-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Doug D

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic1 View Post
I have been very happy with my dealerships service department
Same here.

FWIW - you can add service dates to your record online. Especially if you did it yourself or at another non-dealer shop.

As far as warranty concerns, I wouldn't worry about what is online so long as you have your service invoices that show all work that has been done. Or if you do it yourself receipts showing the purchase of oil, coolant, filter, etc.

2006 Dodge Ram SLT Quad Cab 1500 4x2 w/Hemi (MDS)

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 3.5L V6
#14 Old 12-11-2012, 12:50 PM
RamaLaramie1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLantz View Post

I take it then, you asked every single Dodge owner and compiled this scientific data yourself?

Look, there are good dealers and bad dealers. If you stumble on a bad one, at least it's usually not a long drive to another one.

Chrysler post-Daimler and Cerberus has gotten a lot more serious about keeping customers happy, accepting many warranty claims that previous management wouldn't have, and weeding out under-performing dealerships.

I've been very happy with the brand new (awarded franchise since the bankruptcy) CJD dealer closest to me, I am impressed that they went out of their way to hire experienced techs with five years or more of service since they were a new store, and the service writers really know their stuff. I had my Jeep there for some recalls (I just bought it, previous owner never had them done) and installation of OEM foglights. The service writer even took time to give me tips for things totally unrelated, such as snugging down the soft top better and where to buy better hood latches.

The moral is, if your dealer acts like they don't want your business, don't give it to them. There will be another who will gladly take their place.
Consider yourself to be one of the few lucky ones. All the ones in my area suck as well. They just don't care about the customer.

Flashpaq tuner, 180 deg T-stat, BT catch can, Volant CAI, JBA Headers, Magnaflow Y, Flowmaster super 44 with 5" tips, Dominator II sidestep, Line-X bedliner, Viair-onboard air system, 2" level, Dynomat interior/ Complete sound system overhaul, custom sub enclosure, Pioneer 120BT with nav and reverse cam. Autobots badge,Projector headlights with HIDs, LED lights for turn signal reverse, brake, fog, licences plate and interior.
#15 Old 12-11-2012, 03:49 PM
WNDERR

I use two different dealers, about 1300 miles apart. They have both been good to me, and, I have been very happy with both of them. I'd recommend both to anyone.

Phil Jungels
North Aurora, IL
2011 Laramie Crew
#16 Old 12-11-2012, 05:09 PM
LB3711
Moose

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Dealer issues are not just dodge. It happens with all brands. I have dealt with it with Ford, Hyundai, and a few more. I had to deal with them with my old work's company cars.

2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi QC 4x4
Ram Pics
2001 Dodge Stratus ES 4Dr. 2.7L Magnum DOHC V6. SOLD
http://pages.cthome.net/lb3711 :: http://www.cardomain.com/id/lb3711
2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4Dr. 4.7L Magnum V8. SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/lb3712
Proud Member of The Original WCPW

#17 Old 12-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Palomba

i work in service at rockwall dodge, they guys there know there stuff and fix it all no questions asked. The one thing ive been seeing a lot of is people bringing in stuff for one problem, and arguing with us when we tell them how to fix it and they seem to think they know more, and leave unhappy.

2012 HEMI qc Express 3.55's. Hemi Fever Tuned. CAI, flowmaster 40, jba shorties, edge 2800 stall, red eagle clutches. locker.

2006 Red Ram 1500 SLT QC 5.7 4x2 Lonestar Edition GONE
Superchips Tuned Long Tube Headers W/ True 2.5" duals and high flow cats Ported Throttle Body CAI
2003 Laramie black 3500 dually 5.9 cummins. 6 speed trans -GONE
4" straight pipe, air raid CAI, edge chip, bullydog programmer on extreme, raptor rp100 lift pump, airbags.
#18 Old 12-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Dillyw

Well I leave unhappy due to new dent , oil on carpet , open rad lid, oil half full, oil on door handle, oil jug caps left under hood. Still trying to get oil out my carpet. All this just from last visit for a simple oil change!!!
I noticed the dent next day , guessing im on my own..
How's that for dodge service, how in the world can I get them to do actuall real work?

2011 2500 5.7L
2003 3500 CTD

2003 1500 5.7 - sold!
#19 Old 12-11-2012, 07:20 PM
SlimTex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillyw View Post
Well I leave unhappy due to new dent , oil on carpet , open rad lid, oil half full, oil on door handle, oil jug caps left under hood. Still trying to get oil out my carpet. All this just from last visit for a simple oil change!!!
I noticed the dent next day , guessing im on my own..
How's that for dodge service, how in the world can I get them to do actuall real work?
Pickup a wrench and do it yourself. Save some money while ur at it too.

The crap I saw from my lubeshop days in highschool keep me from allowing idiots(not all of them are) from doing simple maintenance on my truck.

2011 2500 CCSB Cummins tuned by H&S, sprung by Carli, rolling on Toyo's.
#20 Old 12-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Dillyw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimTex View Post
Pickup a wrench and do it yourself. Save some money while ur at it too.

The crap I saw from my lubeshop days in highschool keep me from allowing idiots(not all of them are) from doing simple maintenance on my truck.
Yes I am, after last weeks visit I decided I have no choice! Just sucks that's all. I would like to support but left with no choice! Also they charge me 29 total for oil change. Haha you get what you pay for I guess.
All my own service from now on. Thanks

2011 2500 5.7L
2003 3500 CTD

2003 1500 5.7 - sold!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.