6 inch lift how to. - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 2nd Gen (94 01) Forums > 2G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

App1eJaxx

6 inch lift how to. - Posted: 12-04-2012, 08:48 PM
State: PA
Post #1

I recently purchased an almost new 6 inch suspension lift for my 98 dodge ram 1500 with a 318 and an automatic transmission. The lift is all suspension with no blocks, I currently have a three inch lift on it. My question is where could I get longer drive shafts to fit the lift? Or should I get length added on at a machine shop? It's a single cab short bed, so I was thinking if I got a long bed drive shaft, would that work? Also my front end seems like it has death wobble but my friend told me that it is from the angle of my front drive shaft being angled to much? Any ideas?
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FreeLantz

Posted: 12-04-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm Still Here
City: Meadows Place
State: TX
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #2

I'm going to put this in the 2nd Gen Ram forum since it's a question, and not an actual How-to write up.

Good luck with your project.

Retired DT Admin
Co-President, Texas Four Wheel Drive Organization Sugar Land Chapter

facebook.com/groups/TX4WDSL

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing.

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

App1eJaxx

Posted: 12-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Post #3

Ok, thanks I'm new to this forum, but I'll do a how to for it once I get my drive shaft problem fixed.

LARam567

Posted: 12-05-2012, 12:25 AM
City: New Orleans
State: LA
Post #4

With a 6inch lift i would not think you would longer drive shaft. Maybe an index kit for the tcase, but ive been out of the 4 wheel drive game for about a year now so im a little rusty, been into lowering and hooking

07 Ram 1500 Sport:
Electric blue
Performance: Superchips VIVID, DMH Cutout, Magnaflow muffler dumped. (New exhaust setup soon to come)
Audio: Under Reconstruction

App1eJaxx

Posted: 12-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Post #5

So a transfer case lowering kit might do it? But wouldn't that only help the front axle?

LARam567

Posted: 12-05-2012, 04:59 PM
City: New Orleans
State: LA
Post #6

What kind of problems are you having? I wouldn't think with just a 6inch lift your rear driveshaft would have an extreme angle

07 Ram 1500 Sport:
Electric blue
Performance: Superchips VIVID, DMH Cutout, Magnaflow muffler dumped. (New exhaust setup soon to come)
Audio: Under Reconstruction

App1eJaxx

Posted: 12-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Post #7

Well right now I have a three inch on and there is a rotation problem somewhere in my front end, sorta like the cursed death wobble but it only does it at 42 mph. Nothing after or before I figured if the angle was to steep already I would need longer shafts.
Closed Thread