Lifting tomorrow.Anything I should know? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 12-01-2012, 07:06 PM
jlp2585

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Lifting tomorrow.Anything I should know?

Got a 2004 dodge 2500 quad cab 4x4. I have 3.5" lift for the front and 2.5" blocks for the back. Picked up some +4" Rancho shocks for the front. Seems like a pretty straight forward install but looking to see if anyone has done anything similar and had any issues I should expect. Let me know.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-01-2012, 07:52 PM
SlimTex

What components come with the lift? Control arms, springs, Track Bar?

2011 2500 CCSB Cummins tuned by H&S, sprung by Carli, rolling on Toyo's.
#3 Old 12-01-2012, 08:14 PM
jlp2585

(Thread Starter)
The front us just a leveling kit. Above the springs. And like I said the rancho shocks. Should I get anything else?
#4 Old 12-01-2012, 09:48 PM
MonsoonMike
Moderator Mike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
3.5 Level kit for the front ? Is it just a spacer?

Pretty simple work. I've been able to knock it out in about an hour. But I have done so many of them.

The rear, I don't know if you have a 3.5 inch axle (Hemi) or a 4 inch (CTD) but the blocks you have, should have 3 recessed holes on the bottom side. NOT 1!

Did you get new shocks for the rear?

You will want to loosen the track bar bolt on the axle so you can droop that axle down onto the control arms to get that spring and spacer back in there.

Your axle will not be centered now since you have a lift. A new Carli or Thuren Trackbar or a trackbar relocate drop bracket will be needed.

This is what your blocks should look like.

I did a 3" Carli spring and a 1.5 inch block.

Good luck! Take some pictures and post em up!

::2014 Ram 2500 CTD Crew Cab Granite Crystal Metallic::

#5 Old 12-02-2012, 09:04 AM
jlp2585

(Thread Starter)
It's got a hemi. Didn't realize I would need a new track bar. Where's the best place to get one and what's a reasonable price I should be paying? The front is just spacers. I didn't get new shocks for the rear, was told they weren't necessary but am def open to hear opinions. Might be waiting to install if I have to order the track bar. Let me know what you think
#6 Old 12-05-2012, 11:10 AM
MonsoonMike
Moderator Mike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
A longer track bar will center your axle under the truck from the spacers lifting it.

It's not necessary right now, maybe just something to keep in mind down the road. I haven't purchased one as of yet.

The prices of the trackbar are nuts. For what they are.. I will be going with a Carli one which is about $345! It's going to have to wait till after the holidays.

::2014 Ram 2500 CTD Crew Cab Granite Crystal Metallic::

#7 Old 12-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Braceljohn

You really need to loosen the actual track pub bolt on the axle to help you droop of which axle straight down onto the actual control arms to obtain that early spring and spacer back there.

Braceljohn
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.