SCT Tunes - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 2nd Gen (04 - 09) Forums > 2G Dodge Durango Performance Talk

Closed Thread

H1CKROSS

SCT Tunes - Posted: 11-27-2012, 07:41 AM
In Love with a Cummins
City: Lima, OH
State: OH
Post #1

I just got my 04 Durango this month, I'm new to the hemi world I've owned a Cummins all my life
I'm planning on putting throttle body, CAI, headers, true dual the exhaust, and put a tuner on her nothing to special you know
I just had few questions on something's
First is I want to get an SCT Tuner but idk can you download tunes online or from another member here or would I have to purchase the tuning program?
Also throttle body are there any specific brands that do well with the 04? I can't find anything really
And also CAI I've heard either K&N or Vortex is the way to go, is that true?
Last thing is the headers, are the I think it's JBA shorties, are those the only headers that will fit on the D?

Thanks for any input, just trying to get a little extra from the down tuned stock hemi

2004 Hemi Durango, Thrush dual exhaust the rest is all stock
2004 Durango AWD 5.7 Hemi - Green HID's (heads/fogs), JBA headers, true dual straight piped, torsion bars tweaked sitting on 32-10.5-17 Nitto's, AFE 1" throttle body spacer and throttle body ground out with 8 guage wire.
1992 Dodge W250 4x4 5.9 12v - middle of rebuild (FORSALE)
College Kid Toy's
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge4L1fe

Posted: 11-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Bye Bye
State: OTHER
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

There is a member on here, hemifever, that does custom SCT and Diablosport tunes. Send him a message for more information.

As far as a throttle body, I am running a 85mm ported throttle body from Moes-Performance, a supporting sponsor on here.

For the intake anything will get the job done. Volant seems to be top of the line. I run an Airaid system. I've also ran the K&N FIPK.

JBA or gibson for headers, but I've been told that gibson headers are junk. Can't go wrong with JBA headers. I run their stainless non-coated version.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

gothemi89

Posted: 11-28-2012, 10:59 PM
City: California
State: MD
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

Congrats on getting a D. You've pretty much listed the basic mod list and D4L gave you all the answer.
For the intake I'd suggest the Volant as for our application its the best *overall* for looks/performance/sound.
As far as SCT you can find someone able to tune with it at almost every dyno shop, though Hemifever tunes are well liked and have the backing of the people
The only headers worth getting are the JBA's
The best bang for your buck on a throttle body would be from Moes Performance, and Matt can help you get your hands on all the parts your looking for at a great price.
2012 Ram CC Sport - S&B CAI / S&B scoop / S&B prefilter / Moe's 87mm throttle body / CST 180 tstat / BT catch can / Weathertech package / 22" SRT10's / Gorilla 3" lug nuts / Magnaflow cat-back / Mopar splash guards / 6" Billet Stubbie / Line-X under rail / DeeZee TGA / 3M 30% fronts / Mr. Gasket Thermocap / DST 93 tune / BullyDog A-pillar pod / TYC v6 e-fan / Recon projector headlights
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited - AFE intake / Weathertech package / 3M 30% front-back
2014 Dodge Charger RT - Mopar intake / BT catch can / SLP LM1 cat-back

hemifever

Posted: 11-29-2012, 05:10 AM
DodgeTalk Sponsor
City: Cary
State: NC
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

SCT works great on the '04 models. Just getting the throttle more responsive makes my 87 tune feel much better than stock.

www.hemifevertuning.com

SCT "Custom" tuning $365/$465 (unlimited updates)
SCT "can" tuning $265 (price includes tuner)

Diablo Trinity $599 - Diablo Intune $439
Price INCLUDES additional custom tuning (a $125 value)

MileHighRango

Posted: 12-04-2012, 10:30 PM
City: CO
State: CO
View This User's Gallery
Post #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemifever View Post
SCT works great on the '04 models. Just getting the throttle more responsive makes my 87 tune feel much better than stock.
Hemifever, hoping to have you tune mine with a new cam this upcoming spring. What all should i get? i have herd that an AFR is a must, any other pointers?

2004 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi
1985 BMW 635CSi (65k original miles)
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7-SOLD
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Big Horn Hemi
2006 Jeep Commander Limited Hemi

Sig pic by: BMRbrnSNRbrd

hemifever

Posted: 12-05-2012, 04:33 AM
DodgeTalk Sponsor
City: Cary
State: NC
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighRango View Post
Hemifever, hoping to have you tune mine with a new cam this upcoming spring. What all should i get? i have herd that an AFR is a must, any other pointers?
Airfuel does helps things a lot. I'll have a few gauges on my site shortly.

and I've got a 10% Christmas sale through the 25th using the code Christ at checkout

www.hemifevertuning.com

SCT "Custom" tuning $365/$465 (unlimited updates)
SCT "can" tuning $265 (price includes tuner)

Diablo Trinity $599 - Diablo Intune $439
Price INCLUDES additional custom tuning (a $125 value)

Last edited by hemifever : 12-05-2012 at 05:23 AM.
Closed Thread