TPMS question - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 11-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Nomad32

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
TPMS question

I am thinking about picking up a set of winter tires to toss on the 17s that my truck came with. Curious - what happens if I don't buy new TPMS sensors to put in these new tires?

Will the truck complain to me everytime I start it up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-21-2012, 07:21 PM
MJB8

little yellow warning light on all the time" not flashing thank god" and a little chime at exactly 10 miles everytime you drive the truck then she is quiet.

2008 SRT Prototype Under Construction
Dodgetalk.com 287 Enthusiast Member # 289
K&N CAI, ,Summer Polished OEM SRT 22" Wheels , Yokahama 305/40/22 Parada Spec X, Winter Durango 20" 265/50/20 Yokahama Parada Spec X VVME HID's 5000k Heads & Fogs, Mobile 1... Bilsteins, 15% Tint. FlowMaster Cat Back, American Thunder Exhaust.
Dropped a bit, more to come.

"Take a Kid Fishing"

#3 Old 11-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Nomad32

(Thread Starter)
I did it today - and the light stays off for about 10 miles, then flashes for about 30 seconds, then back off.

Kind of interesting and not what I expected.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.