Um.... - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 11-13-2012, 11:05 PM
05SlvrBuLLet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Um....

While looking through post I keep getting this ad appearing.

http://www.gfchips.com/dodgeram1500.aspx

What the heck is this and why is it an ad on this site?? Is this legit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-13-2012, 11:39 PM
dmcelhannon
Moderator David Mack

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
I'll post this is the back and find out.

If you start a thread, be responsible and post the final outcome.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC
~ Waiting to replace my Ram! ~ 2014 October 23rd WAS Judgement Day! ~
*** After 849-Days (2-Years 119-days) We Nailed Their A$$ to the Barn Door ***

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rio Grande Valley Make-A-Wish Foundation's Raffle

Tickets are now available for purchase directly from the Rio Grande Valley Make-A-Wish office. They can be reached at (956) 686-9474. Even if you are from out of town you can participate because you do not need to be present to win.

1971 Dodge Charger Superbee Thread Link

Click the Superbee link to see the whole timeline thread....

#3 Old 11-14-2012, 12:07 AM
ayalai10

If IAT means Intake Air Temperature sensor, then its same/similar to a "power wire". I had one on my truck, it may have improved performance, or maybe just a placebo. Anyhow, maybe because of my air intake it gave me a "high voltage intake sensor" CEL code so i took it off
#4 Old 11-14-2012, 12:18 AM
05SlvrBuLLet

(Thread Starter)
I have seen similar stuff on ebay. What gets me is that it was an ad that I found at the top of this forum. I doubt its a legit item.
#5 Old 11-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Daytona1445

where on the screen are you seeing the ad? if its anything other than an ad at the top of the window you may want to scan your system with some good tools to make sure you didn't get any bugs, that is the only place I have ever seen them on this site.

2005 Ram Daytona GoMango RC #1445
Orange Truck Club Member #19
Performance
Mopar CAI / 4.56 Superior Gears / Auburn limited slip / Edge Converter / Shift Kit / Viper Fan with FK50p Controller / Edelbrock mid headers / Custom True Dual Exhaust / Superchips Flashpaq / Summit Underdrive / 195 t-stat / Moe's 85mm TB / Mag-Hytec 68rfe pan / 1 ton trans cooler / G2 diff cover
Looks and Sound
Night Runner 22s / DJM 2" arms / McGaughys Flip with Notch & Air assist / Alpine, Orion, JL, Kicker audio / SilverStar lights / Optima Yellow / AEM Wideband O2 in SRT-10 Pillar / Retrax Bed Cover / Spray in Bed Liner / Mopar Billet fuel door / Daytona floor mats
Future plans
Depends what I can afford.
#6 Old 11-14-2012, 12:45 AM
05SlvrBuLLet

(Thread Starter)
Yea it was part of the site at the top. Not a popup or another window. Part of this site below home forums gallery etc and above the actual forum
#7 Old 11-14-2012, 02:36 PM
RUMBLE BEE 1546
BEE Ready!

There BS. I have seen then and what they say in literally unbelievable and some have bought them and said it was a waist of money and did nothing. If they were legit, wouldn't we all have them?

2004 Rumble Bee #1546 4X4
Ryan
Performance: Super Chips 3865, K&N CAI, Edelbrock Shorty Headers, Dual Exhaust with 18" Magnaflow Muffler and Y-pipe, Power Wire, Sonnax Line Booster, Jet 180* t-stat, Taylor 8.2mm Shortie wires, Flex-A-Lite 183 E-fan, Grounded TB.
Appearance: 22" Black BOSS 334's wrapped in Nexen Tires, LED Tail Lights & Third, Shorty Antenna, Honeycomb Grill, Tint:5% Visor and Rear Window, Deadged, Retro'd 8000k Projected HID Headlights w/ SMD Halos, 3000k HID Fogs, Switchback LED Turns, Full LED Bulb Swap, Snugtop Tonneau w/ Stripe Extensions & 1546 in Stripe
Other: Kenwood KDC-X994, Pioneer 5ch amp wired to 2 10" Diamond Audio Subs in a custom ported box and 2 Kenwood Door Speakers, Clifford Remote Starter/Alarm System w/ Smart Start, Husky Floor Liners, Push Button Start, Jimmy Jammers.
Future Mods: Cam, Alarm Accessories (Motion Sensors, Microphone Sensors, Level Sensor, ect.)...
#8 Old 11-14-2012, 02:47 PM
JonRoc
Creature Of The Wheel

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
It's just another one of those ebay scams. Your not gonna gain 60 hp or 4-7 mpg on a gasser with just a chip, if you could, superchips, diablo & the others would have came out with a tuner capable of that & it would probably cost 3 times as much as they do now.

You'll probably be lucky to get a couple hp & less than 1 mpg with this.

"Code Red" 07 Ram RC 2/4.5 2WD 4.7

Installed or Soon To Be:
McGaughys Deluxe 2/4.5-OEM SRT10 Hood-TMD Bumper Cover-EFX Rollpan-GrillCraft MX Grille-08 Intake Manifold
Stock Chrome 20s-Flame Red Heads-SC3865 w/ Trans Upgrade-Airaid CAI-70mm TB-MF YPipe-Jet 180 Tstat
DMH ECutout-Jet Stream Scoop-SRT10 Wing-15% Tint-Nuvi 50LM-Cree 9W Rev LEDs-Radio Bez Painted Red
SiriusXM Radio-NS'ed Sonar Smoked LED Tails & Recon 3rd-Hawk HPS Pads-Belltech Street Shocks
Red LEDs In Grille-Tailgate Bar-PW-6" Stubbie-BT Emblem-Mopar Batt Shield-Bosch Icon Blades-3W Int LEDs
Going To Buy Someday:
Matte Black Hood Stripe & Roof Wrap-Alpine Sys-Aeon Bump Stops
Gibson Shorties GP316S-BT Int Pieces-CF Mirror Covers

Last edited by JonRoc; 11-14-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.