upgrading to quad beam headlights - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 11-12-2012, 02:25 PM
onelochevy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
upgrading to quad beam headlights

What is all involved in upgrading from the single beam headlights to the duals? I was hit in the front end pass. side last week and the insurance adjuster just came by and gave me the check. I'm already going to upgrade to the front bumper w/fogs but noticed on the estimate that he paid me for the cost of a dual beam headlight instead of the single beam that's in there now. Im thinking about going ahead and switching them both out.

Last edited by onelochevy; 11-12-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-12-2012, 05:13 PM
cbrenn71
Hummer Recovery Vehicle

the conversion will be pretty straight forward. The only issue you'll experience is that you will lose your low beam function when your high beams are on, although i am told this can be programmed out at the dealer. You can also purchase high beam splitters independently of the dealer flash.

UNIQUE COATINGS - Sponsor as of 4/9/06

GARAGE SALE!!! Great Prices on New, Used Retrofit Parts and Accessories
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&threadid=358141

PROJECTOR RETROFITS STARTING AT $195!!!!!

WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD ON HID & RETROFIT PARTS AND SERVICES!!!!! GUARANTEED.
#3 Old 11-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Dillyw

I just did this swap. VERY SIMPLE! pm me once your ready I will tell you exacly what to do. Much better light output but that could be due to different angle on the quads from my duals.. Looks much better too! As for the loosing lows once you put on highs is right however it works fine for me, don't notice any lack in light.

2011 2500 5.7L
2003 3500 CTD

2003 1500 5.7 - sold!
#4 Old 11-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Fükken Retro'd Moderator

and if you need a set of great quads.......here ya go!

http://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDeta...=TYC-4G-QD-Ram

These are the TYC replicas, and at 195 shipped.....well, a hell of a lot cheaper than the OEMs (which are around $400 retail). They look just like the OEMs, fit great too! I have 17 sets in stock, ready to roll.

DodgeTalk Moderator / Official DodgeTalk Supporter

Retro Shop - HID Projector Retros, Headlight Painting, HIDs / Lighting accessories / Need a quote? Email me please - jeremy@retroshop.us

Fukken Wax Specials: Specials here! / Join our Fükken Facebook page!

#5 Old 11-13-2012, 09:33 AM
onelochevy

(Thread Starter)
Thanks guys. I was just curious since the new lights will be adding an additional bulb i wasnt sure how to add the new socket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0212353 View Post
and if you need a set of great quads.......here ya go!

http://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDeta...=TYC-4G-QD-Ram

These are the TYC replicas, and at 195 shipped.....well, a hell of a lot cheaper than the OEMs (which are around $400 retail). They look just like the OEMs, fit great too! I have 17 sets in stock, ready to roll.
I was looking at these yesterday while pricing my new parts. I'll be ordering a set from you in the next day or so. Dont you have the TYC foglights for the bumper as well? Im upgrading to the bumper w/ fogs and will need a set of those.

Last edited by onelochevy; 11-13-2012 at 09:39 AM.
#6 Old 11-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Fükken Retro'd Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelochevy View Post
Thanks guys. I was just curious since the new lights will be adding an additional bulb i wasnt sure how to add the new socket.

I was looking at these yesterday while pricing my new parts. I'll be ordering a set from you in the next day or so. Dont you have the TYC foglights for the bumper as well? Im upgrading to the bumper w/ fogs and will need a set of those.
The neat part about the wiring? The Ram has 2 setups, and both have a H13 connector. The duals are an H13 bulb, so it just plugs in.

The quads use a splitter (inside the light) to split to the H11 / 9005 setup. Outside the light, H13.

On the fogs, I have those too! See here - http://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDeta...TYC-4G-FOG-Ram

I have 7 pairs ready to roll.

Shoot me an email before you order (jeremy@retroshop.us), I'll knock off a few bucks (as I can toss the fogs in the box with the heads).

DodgeTalk Moderator / Official DodgeTalk Supporter

Retro Shop - HID Projector Retros, Headlight Painting, HIDs / Lighting accessories / Need a quote? Email me please - jeremy@retroshop.us

Fukken Wax Specials: Specials here! / Join our Fükken Facebook page!

Closed Thread