RIPP Supercharger - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

Hemivt08

RIPP Supercharger - Posted: 11-07-2012, 12:26 PM
State: VT
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #1

Hey Guys,

So I'm working with the guys from RIPP SUPERCHARGERS to develop a kit for the 3rd gen HEMI Trucks. Wanted to post it here to let you guys know about it and see what you think and if there is any interest from y'all..

This is what will be included in it,

Vortech V3 Si Trim Centrifugal Supercharger
Vortech By Pass Valve
Diablo Sport Tuning
Larger injectors
RIPP MAP sensor
Water to air intercooler system
Large heat exchange pump
Stainless Steel Idlers
Large 9" Air Filter
Gates Serpentine Belt
Polished 3.5" PIPING
4ply couplers
Stainless clamps
All Hardware
Fully Illustrated Instructions
1 year warranty

For you guys that have highly moded trucks already(heads,cams, ect) RIPP is thinking of doing a Tuner package for you guys so you can take it to your local tuning shop and have them do it instead of paying for the tuning RIPP is offering.

Please let me know what you guys think!
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Original Junior

Posted: 11-08-2012, 07:18 AM
City: TN
State: TN
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

I saw the guys on Trucks install one of these on the Ram Runner they built. Pretty cool but a lot of dough.

Mods Complete: Line-X, Amp Research powered steps, Aero 3030 dumped, UWS red series toolbox, tinted front windows, Line-Xed Randy Ellis Light Bar, 315 Good Year DuraTracs on H2 wheels, Line-X rockers, AFE Dry Flow filter, Lightforce 240's & 170's front & Hella work lights rear

Mods to Come: Aeroforce & SRT grab handle, headache rack
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

jasonsdakota

Posted: 11-08-2012, 07:18 AM
Post #3

hmmm...
superchips w/custom trans tune
retro solutions 55watt 4300k hids, stock reflectors, BEST MOD YET!!
trifecta tannoe cover covering 500lbs of pdr tools
4 dually spots
retro 5 watt led reverse lights
180 t-stat

coming soon to a transmission near you
edge 2700 stall converter
one ton cooler

dream mods
lt headers
sidewinder
6.4 stroker
sts turbo

RUMBLE BEE 1546

Posted: 11-08-2012, 10:14 AM
BEE Ready!
State: CA
Post #4

I agree that cost is rough. If I had a track truck I might cons elder it, but not for my DD.
2004 Rumble Bee #1546 4X4
Ryan
Performance: Super Chips 3865, K&N CAI, Edelbrock Shorty Headers, Dual Exhaust with 18" Magnaflow Muffler and Y-pipe, Power Wire, Sonnax Line Booster, Jet 180* t-stat, Taylor 8.2mm Shortie wires, Flex-A-Lite 183 E-fan, Grounded TB.
Appearance: 22" Black BOSS 334's wrapped in Nexen Tires, LED Tail Lights & Third, Shorty Antenna, Honeycomb Grill, Tint:5% Visor and Rear Window, Deadged, Retro'd 8000k Projected HID Headlights w/ SMD Halos, 3000k HID Fogs, Switchback LED Turns, Full LED Bulb Swap, Snugtop Tonneau w/ Stripe Extensions & 1546 in Stripe
Other: Kenwood KDC-X994, Pioneer 5ch amp wired to 2 10" Diamond Audio Subs in a custom ported box and 2 Kenwood Door Speakers, Clifford Remote Starter/Alarm System w/ Smart Start, Husky Floor Liners, Push Button Start, Jimmy Jammers.
Future Mods: Cam, Alarm Accessories (Motion Sensors, Microphone Sensors, Level Sensor, ect.)...

Hemivt08

Posted: 11-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Post #5

So its looking like the tuner package will be in the low 4000.00 bracket, thats with out the computer and fuel injectors and map sensor. The full kit will be about 5100.00. I really don't think is a bad deal for 130 hp more at the wheels and that includes a remap for the transmission so it works with the Supercharger and holds up. Unlike some other kits I've heard of that constantly blow transmission .. RIPP has done a lot of research with all there MOPAR kits.

Thats why i posted this to get peoples feeling on this kit and any concerns or questions y'all might have.

stunta666

Posted: 11-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Post #6

$5100.00 isn't too bad for 130 hp atw if its as reliable as they state. My tank of gas would last me a couple days if i had that in there.
White Bushwacker pocket flares
Flowmaster 50HD dumped
Hellas in the grill
Undercover tonneau
20" black steelies with hankook ipikes for winter
20" black/machined hostages with 295/60/20(34.5x12.4)Terra Grapps for summer
Levelled on Bilstiens

Hemivt08

Posted: 11-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Post #7

RIPPS 4th gen has close to 20000 miles of testing on it with NO problems what so ever. :-)

dmcelhannon

Posted: 11-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Moderator David Mack
City: McAllen
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
Post #8

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 85K/3142hrs, Knolton Thunder Cylinder Heads & HO Cams by Sawcut, 4.56 R&P/DTT, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" BFG T/A KO, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, EBC Greenstuff Roadsport Brake Pads, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, FK-60 E-Fan Controller w/relay, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars, $1600 Oil Pickup Tube

Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging,
with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

~ Waiting to fix my Ram! ~ 2-Years and Counting! ~

cHemi05

Posted: 11-08-2012, 07:11 PM
State: AB
Post #9

Sounds interesting for sure. My biggest concern would deff be reliability since my ram is my daily driver, but 130hp would be fun to have when wanted! I will be keepin an eye on this

Hemivt08

Posted: 11-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Post #10

Reliability is RIPP's main concern! I've talked with Ross(the owner of RIPP) a lot about his products and he puts all of his products to the test before he releases them because he doesn't want guys like us to be out on the weekend wheeling, racing, or even just that sunday driving and blow our motor or transmission and be stranded and pissed at him because he sold a crappy product. Look at the jeep forums and see if you can find anything bad said about RIPP.. :-)

Flintstone

Posted: 11-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Flintstone
City: Laramie
State: WY
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #11

Is this just for the 1500's?

MonsoonMike

Posted: 11-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Formally 07MegaCabRam
City: Chandler
State: AZ
Post #12

I wouldn't put this on a daily driver. Maybe if I was younger! haha

Too bad you couldn't slap one on my truck and let me have it for a week.

Sure I'd buy it! LOL

::2014 Ram 2500 CTD Crew Cab Granite Crystal Metallic::

Hemivt08

Posted: 11-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Post #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintstone View Post
Is this just for the 1500's?
Its going to be for ANY 3rd Gen Ram HEMI. I have an 08 Mega Cab 1500 that its going in but like you know all Mega Cabs are 2500-3500 frames and drive line
TOP GUN CUSTOMZ STEERING UPGRADE
TOP GUN CUSTOMZ DUAL STEERING STABILIZER
FUSION BUMPERS
N-FAB BED ACCESS STEPS
N-FAB GRILL
BUSHWACKER POCKET STYLE
KC 35 WATT HID'S
BMF 20X10 NOVAKANE WHEELS
38.5 PITBULL MAD DOGS
FULL THROTTLE FRONT DRIVE SHAFT
DIABLO TRINITY
MBRP PERFORMANCE EXHAUST
MOE'S PERFORMANCE 4.56 GEARS
KATZKIN CUSTOM LEATHER INTERIOR
S&B INTAKE
SNOW PERFORMANCE WATER METH

Hemivt08

Posted: 11-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Post #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07MegaCabRam View Post
I wouldn't put this on a daily driver. Maybe if I was younger! haha

Too bad you couldn't slap one on my truck and let me have it for a week.

Sure I'd buy it! LOL
Whats age have to do with it? I'm 30 and have a 2.5 year old and another on the way and my love for performance and trucks will never end!! You must get a lot of attention in that mega cab, just think of how people will look at that truck when you pull in to get something at the store and they hear a blower!!!
FUSION BUMPERS
N-FAB BED ACCESS STEPS
N-FAB GRILL
BUSHWACKER POCKET STYLE
KC 35 WATT HID'S
38.5 PITBULL MAD DOGS
DIABLO TRINITY
MBRP PERFORMANCE EXHAUST
S&B INTAKE

MonsoonMike

Posted: 11-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Formally 07MegaCabRam
City: Chandler
State: AZ
Post #15

There are times were I just would like comfort and chill. But throwing on a S/C would be really cool.

I know you can just cruise and such with the S/C. I don't drive like I have a race truck but having the extra power I bet would be nice. I wonder how much more attention it would get.

If you want, I can come down, we can install it on mine and I can do a How to!

Must get some video of the 08 Megacab!

::2014 Ram 2500 CTD Crew Cab Granite Crystal Metallic::

Hemivt08

Posted: 11-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Post #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07MegaCabRam View Post
There are times were I just would like comfort and chill. But throwing on a S/C would be really cool.

I know you can just cruise and such with the S/C. I don't drive like I have a race truck but having the extra power I bet would be nice. I wonder how much more attention it would get.

If you want, I can come down, we can install it on mine and I can do a How to!

Must get some video of the 08 Megacab!
HAHA, well i'll def have videos up of dyno before and after and well parking lot fun haha.. will see how long my 38.5's hold up 2013 i'm gonna do some pulling and i'll get vids of that up too!
FUSION BUMPERS
N-FAB BED ACCESS STEPS
N-FAB GRILL
BUSHWACKER POCKET STYLE
KC 35 WATT HID'S
38.5 PITBULL MAD DOGS
DIABLO TRINITY
MBRP PERFORMANCE EXHAUST
S&B INTAKE

RUMBLE BEE 1546

Posted: 11-11-2012, 12:06 PM
BEE Ready!
State: CA
Post #17

What kind of MPGs do you get after the install if you keep your foot out of it? And would it still pass California SMOG?

I'd be intrested in this...
2004 Rumble Bee #1546 4X4
Ryan
Performance: Super Chips 3865, K&N CAI, Edelbrock Shorty Headers, Dual Exhaust with 18" Magnaflow Muffler and Y-pipe, Power Wire, Sonnax Line Booster, Jet 180* t-stat, Taylor 8.2mm Shortie wires, Flex-A-Lite 183 E-fan, Grounded TB.
Appearance: 22" Black BOSS 334's wrapped in Nexen Tires, LED Tail Lights & Third, Shorty Antenna, Honeycomb Grill, Tint:5% Visor and Rear Window, Deadged, Retro'd 8000k Projected HID Headlights w/ SMD Halos, 3000k HID Fogs, Switchback LED Turns, Full LED Bulb Swap, Snugtop Tonneau w/ Stripe Extensions & 1546 in Stripe
Other: Kenwood KDC-X994, Pioneer 5ch amp wired to 2 10" Diamond Audio Subs in a custom ported box and 2 Kenwood Door Speakers, Clifford Remote Starter/Alarm System w/ Smart Start, Husky Floor Liners, Push Button Start, Jimmy Jammers.
Future Mods: Cam, Alarm Accessories (Motion Sensors, Microphone Sensors, Level Sensor, ect.)...

Hemivt08

Posted: 11-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Post #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMBLE BEE 1546 View Post
What kind of MPGs do you get after the install if you keep your foot out of it? And would it still pass California SMOG?

I'd be intrested in this...
I should have the prototype in my hands in a few weeks to install and ill let you know about the mpg's. And yes it will meet CARB.
FUSION BUMPERS
N-FAB BED ACCESS STEPS
N-FAB GRILL
BUSHWACKER POCKET STYLE
KC 35 WATT HID'S
38.5 PITBULL MAD DOGS
DIABLO TRINITY
MBRP PERFORMANCE EXHAUST
S&B INTAKE

Flintstone

Posted: 11-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Flintstone
City: Laramie
State: WY
Post #19

I am hooked been watching Ripp on Facebook.

Hemivt08

Posted: 11-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Post #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintstone View Post
I am hooked been watching Ripp on Facebook.
Then you have been watching me wait for months for this lol.
FUSION BUMPERS
N-FAB BED ACCESS STEPS
N-FAB GRILL
BUSHWACKER POCKET STYLE
KC 35 WATT HID'S
38.5 PITBULL MAD DOGS
DIABLO TRINITY
MBRP PERFORMANCE EXHAUST
S&B INTAKE
Closed Thread