Will they fit? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Dakota 2nd Gen (97 - 04) Forums > 2G Dodge Dakota - Tire/Wheel/Susp Talk

Closed Thread

orf_roadin

Will they fit? - Posted: 11-07-2012, 12:52 AM
State: IL
Post #1

Hi all, first time Dakota owner, I had a Jeep awhile back (3.5 in suspension, 3 in body, 35" BFG MT's etc.) and I'm just getting back into the 4x4 world after a few years.

I've got a 1997 4x4 with the V6 and 31" All Terrains. Two of my tires are shot and I found a guy on craigslist selling for 33's for about the same price as two brand new 31's and was wondering if they'd fit my dakota. The guy I bought it from said that it was lifted (and possibly something about an offroad package?) but I'm not sure if it is lifted enough to fit the 33's. I've got about 5-6 inches of travel between the top of the front tire and the top of the wheel well. Is there anything I can measure to see how far my Dak is lifted? Thanks Guys!
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MONKYMAN

Posted: 11-07-2012, 11:48 PM
City: Arizona
State: AZ
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

I think you can run that large with some rubbing if you crank your torsion bars. I am not sure though. If you do a search on these forums, i bet you'll find something.
2000 Dakota R/t 5.9 Club Cab: SRT-4 Seats, K&N FIPK, Holley 52mm Throttle Body, Superchips 3715, 4.10 Gears, Viper Fan, 180* T-Stat, Hooker Shorty Headers, Flowmaster 50 Dumped, Lowered 2/5 with Nitro Drop Shocks, CalTracs, Boss 330's, Nitto 420s tires, Shaved Tailgate, Grant Kustoms Weld-in Rollpan.
Stereo:
Pioneer Premier DEH-P510UB, Pioneer Premier 6 3/4 components, Pioneer Premier 6x9 Premier 800x4 amp driving speakers, MTX Thunderform Box with 2 10" Shallow Premier subs.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Closed Thread