Road Rhino bumper with Full Guard or Prerunner??? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Power Wagon Forums (05 - Up)

View Poll Results: Prerunner or Full front guard Bumper?
Road rhino bumper with full front guard 4 28.57%
Road rhino bumper with prerunner 10 71.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Coolestbeing

Road Rhino bumper with Full Guard or Prerunner??? - Posted: 11-06-2012, 01:59 PM
coolestbeing
City: Niantic
State: CT
Post #1

Ok, so I know I am going to get a road rhino bumper, and I would like to order it in the next week or two......just want everyones opinion. Which do you think will look better, the bumper with the prerunner or the bumper with the full front guard? I like both and the guys at work are split as well so I am looking for everyone elses opinions, pros, cons, whatever you want to add so I can make a desicion here! Posted a link with pictures of both, they are not the new 2012 PW's but the bumpers are the same.

http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/...php?f=20&t=423

Thanks,
Ryan
All the normal Power Wagon stuff, Mopar Performance 4" Lift w Bilstein 5100's, Spray in bed liner, Mygig Lockpick V.4, P-N-P Locker Bypass, Aux switch Panel, Throttle Body Grounding Cable, Vararam Intake, HID heads and fogs, Reese towpower lighted tailgate logo, Billet technology oil catch can...

Coming...
Road Rhino Front/Rear bumpers, Winch bypass, CB radio- 75 wsxt, exhaust- super 44, tint, Amp research side steps, Tonneau cover, bed lights and rear plug, warn wireless winch controller, hopefully sooner than later some bigger tires.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Cool_Breeze

Posted: 11-06-2012, 02:14 PM
City: Spangdahlem Germany
State: MN
Post #2

I chose full guard my dad has one on his 01 2500 cummins from herdbullbars and we also have them on all the ambulances back home they will odds are save your truck from something like that we have hit deer with them doing 90+ and they just bounce down the side messing up the decals is about it and i just like the look of it better but it's your truck so best of luck there both good and look badass
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

myoung84

Posted: 11-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Administrator
City: Broken Arrow
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #3

I think that's the bumper I want someday but I'm also torn on which one I like best. I guess it depends on how many deer you plan on hitting!

I'd like to see the full front on a 4th gen to see how well the lines flow with the body...

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Vararam Intake | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks @ 2.1" | Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
AirLift 100 Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Overland Hemi

Magnaflow Exhaust | Volant Intake | Diablo inTune w/Hemifever Tuning | BT Oil Catch Can

04Ram2500Hemi

Posted: 11-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Same Name, Different Game
City: Missoula
State: MT
Post #4

I've already decided that when I order mine in March or April I'm going with the Pre-Runner Bar and because of the amount of salt they put on our road each winter I'm also having it coated with Line-X.
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, Two Vision X LED Lights on Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill

Gone But Never Forgotten!
2004 Ram 2500 4X4 SLT Quad Cab Hemi Silver Metallic, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Westin Nerf Bars Sprayed with Line-X, Bushwacker Extend A Fender Sprayed with Line-X, Rhino Lining in the Bed and Over the Rails, Truxedo Low Profile Tonneau Cover, Hell 500's Behind the Grill, Warn Front Receiver, KC Backup Lights, Custom Mounted Bumper Backup Lights, V-7 V Force Muffler, Auto Meter Transmission Temperature Gauge, SRT-10 Pillar Grab Handle, Kore Recon Suspension System, Kore Race Steering Damper, Kore Chase Control Arms, Kore Coil Spring Isolator, Kore End Links, 35x12.50 Mud Terrain SXT Tires, SRT-10 Hood, AEM Brute Force Intake, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Smoked Recon Cab Lights, Tuff Stuff 12,500 Pound Multi Point Winch

N1K

Posted: 11-06-2012, 05:09 PM
City: Littleton
State: CO
View This User's Gallery
Post #5

Full guard. Looks better and tougher too
Black Truck Club #223

wingerak92

Posted: 11-06-2012, 10:06 PM
City: Estevan
State: SK
Post #6

I will say I go with the full guard. I got that on my Aluminess, it does kind of make it a pain to pull the headlights though. Haha

TwinStick

Posted: 11-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Post #7

Nobody ever plans to hit a deer or moose. But it does happen on a regular basis to many people. At least on the 3rd Gen trucks, there is not much there & just one deer strike would cost $5000, to replace ps cooler, trans cooler, radiator, fan, bumper, lights, grill, hood, fender/s & all the other damage it would cause. It's your truck, do what you want.
PurpleCrainium Diff Guards
K&N air filter --- WeatherGuard 20" black bed toolbox.
winch TPC bypass
Dual battery set up w/2 Sears DieHard Platinums-Gp 65 under hood-Gp 31 Marine deep cycle in bed toolbox w/plug-n-play set up. Custom 2000/4000w inverter set up w/quick connect. Triple bike mounts above the bed- custom made by me.
Crapload of recovery gear-always subject to adding more.
Fab Four rear bumper. Soon to be- a BuckStop Baja front bumper.--Temporarily on hold, see reason below.
Installed: Borgeson #000951 steering shaft. PSC steering brace(notched for PW by Rusty-thanks bud). Carli HD CroMo adjustable track bar. Carli CroMo control arms. Carli HD upper & lower balljoints x 2 sets (replaced under warrenty) & triple sealed u-joints in front axle shafts & rear driveshaft. Moog HD tierod ends x 4. Running total is now $4800. Yup, now i'm broke !!!

What, you ask, is the difference between a Dodge Ram and a PowerWagon ?? PW frame part # 55398868AC---Reg 2500 #55398813AC
About 2" taller, 12,000lb winch w/mounting brace between framerails,electronic disconnecting swaybar(for awsome articulation),electronic locking axles front & rear(for true 4-wheel drive),tow pkg, fully skidplated,forged one piece Alcoa rims w/internal beadlock lips,larger diameter(one ton) axleshaft in rear,160 amp alt,HD battery,4.56 gears,low range electronic recalibration of gas pedal sensitivity,more but thinner leafs in rear spring pack(for better articulation), 33" BFG All-Terrain tires. 78.016:1 crawl ratio. All for $6100.00 more! Oh yeah, almost forgot-Bilstein shocks. Gear ratios: 1st 6.29:1 2nd 3.48:1 3rd 2.10:1 4th 1.38:1 5th 1.0:1 6th .79:1.. Rev 5.74:1.

04Ram2500Hemi

Posted: 12-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Same Name, Different Game
City: Missoula
State: MT
Post #8

So have you decided which bumper yet?
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, Two Vision X LED Lights on Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill

Gone But Never Forgotten!
2004 Ram 2500 4X4 SLT Quad Cab Hemi Silver Metallic, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Westin Nerf Bars Sprayed with Line-X, Bushwacker Extend A Fender Sprayed with Line-X, Rhino Lining in the Bed and Over the Rails, Truxedo Low Profile Tonneau Cover, Hell 500's Behind the Grill, Warn Front Receiver, KC Backup Lights, Custom Mounted Bumper Backup Lights, V-7 V Force Muffler, Auto Meter Transmission Temperature Gauge, SRT-10 Pillar Grab Handle, Kore Recon Suspension System, Kore Race Steering Damper, Kore Chase Control Arms, Kore Coil Spring Isolator, Kore End Links, 35x12.50 Mud Terrain SXT Tires, SRT-10 Hood, AEM Brute Force Intake, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Smoked Recon Cab Lights, Tuff Stuff 12,500 Pound Multi Point Winch

AODell5

! - Posted: 12-16-2012, 07:14 PM
BOOMERSOONER!
City: Oklahoma
State: OK
Post #9

Full guard for sure. I do like the 3rd gen with the prerunner bar with the lights on it as well though.
Closed Thread