Water leaking into the cab - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 10-23-2012, 02:41 AM
RUMBLE BEE 1546
BEE Ready!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Water leaking into the cab

I have heard of some sunroofs leaking and the third brake light, but I haven't heard thus one before.

For the past year or so, when I would wash my truck there would be a small puddle on my passenger side floor mat (I have husky liners so its easy to see that it's a decent amount). I can't recall which, but it would only happen when the truck was facing one direction on the driveway that was as steal as the CA codes would allow.

It only happened when I washed the truck, so it didn't worry me, I figured it wouldn't cause any damage. It didn't make a difference with where I had the dial on the HVAC not that I thought it would.

Today was the first rain of the season and it was a pretty strong storm and I left my truck in my business's parking lot while I too my dads truck out for about 8 hours. My truck was left in an open area. I got back in and there was water on the passenger side mat. It wasn't as much as when I would wash it, but it was a decent amount. It looked to be about as much as would get on the mat if I got in with wet shoes.

I don't want this to cause me issues later on with rusting or mildew and everything else. What could be casing this or where might it be coming in at?

2004 Rumble Bee #1546 4X4
Ryan
Performance: Super Chips 3865, K&N CAI, Edelbrock Shorty Headers, Dual Exhaust with 18" Magnaflow Muffler and Y-pipe, Power Wire, Sonnax Line Booster, Jet 180* t-stat, Taylor 8.2mm Shortie wires, Flex-A-Lite 183 E-fan, Grounded TB.
Appearance: 22" Black BOSS 334's wrapped in Nexen Tires, LED Tail Lights & Third, Shorty Antenna, Honeycomb Grill, Tint:5% Visor and Rear Window, Deadged, Retro'd 8000k Projected HID Headlights w/ SMD Halos, 3000k HID Fogs, Switchback LED Turns, Full LED Bulb Swap, Snugtop Tonneau w/ Stripe Extensions & 1546 in Stripe
Other: Kenwood KDC-X994, Pioneer 5ch amp wired to 2 10" Diamond Audio Subs in a custom ported box and 2 Kenwood Door Speakers, Clifford Remote Starter/Alarm System w/ Smart Start, Husky Floor Liners, Push Button Start, Jimmy Jammers.
Future Mods: Cam, Alarm Accessories (Motion Sensors, Microphone Sensors, Level Sensor, ect.)...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-23-2012, 04:35 PM
MonsoonMike
Moderator Mike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Front windshield? Inspect the the trim around that side..

::2014 Ram 2500 CTD Crew Cab Granite Crystal Metallic::

#3 Old 10-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Mysguidednlv

I've had the same situation after a big rain. I believe it is coming from the HVAC vent door that pulls air from outside the cab when AC dial is set accordingly. You may make sure it is not stuck open.

2004 Ram 1500 QC Hemi 2WD
AIRRAID Intake
Diablo Sport Predator 93 Octane Tune
PaceSetter MidTubes --> Stock Cats --> Magnaflow Y-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Sonnax LPB
Homebrew Power Wire (4.7kohms)
3.91 Rear Gear
Mobile 1 Synthetic
Eclipse Head Unit w/ CerwinVega Components

Waiting on Install
1.5" Daystar Coil Spacers
Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks

Future Mods
E-Cutouts
PowerTrax NoSlip Traction System
4.56 Gear
Comp "265" Custom Grind Cam w/ 6.1 Timing, Valve Springs, & Pushrods
#4 Old 10-23-2012, 08:35 PM
ceramictec

I had the same issue on my 06 QC. When driving in heavy rain the pilar on the driver sides the cap for the bolt a drop of water would drip out. Was the window trim got moved around when I was washing out the door jambs and waxing them. pushed the rubber back and wham
#5 Old 10-23-2012, 08:43 PM
orvtenn
+ Hemi Addict +

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I think there's a TSB for some of the older trucks for weatherstripping on the front A-pillar that gets torn from the front door's opening and closing. My truck has torn weatherstrips but in my case they don't leak and I'm too cheap to buy replacements.

2004 1500 SLT RC/SB 4x4 Hemi 5.7
2006 Grand Caravan 3.3L
#6 Old 10-23-2012, 08:47 PM
N1K

Mine is doing that just a tiny bit its coming from behind the screw cover by the grab handle that your not supposed to grab. It leaves a dirty little water line were it runs down

oh8 Ram 1500
Black Truck Club #223
#7 Old 10-23-2012, 09:11 PM
ceramictec

that handle is the pillar like i described above. i also notice that i have a wind noise when I drive on the drivers door with the window up
#8 Old 10-23-2012, 09:27 PM
BassMaster

Mine was leaking onto the rear seat where the antenna thing on top was. Dropped a bead of silocone around it never had another issue.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk 2

06 Night Runner
K&N Intake, Dual Exhaust
Much more to come

NRC #5
NRC- Night Runner Club

#9 Old 10-24-2012, 08:49 PM
RUMBLE BEE 1546
BEE Ready!

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07MegaCabRam View Post
Front windshield? Inspect the the trim around that side..
I will have to go look at when I had my windshield replaced, but I did have it done early this year I believe. They may have done something incorrectly. I do have a star on my drivers side right now but I don't really want to replace it because I know as soon as I do, I'll get another one. It happened the last 2 times I replaced it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysguidednlv View Post
I've had the same situation after a big rain. I believe it is coming from the HVAC vent door that pulls air from outside the cab when AC dial is set accordingly. You may make sure it is not stuck open.
I thought about that, but I have had the dial in different spots, and it happens every time. The air is working fine and it always comes out where it's supposed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceramictec View Post
I had the same issue on my 06 QC. When driving in heavy rain the pilar on the driver sides the cap for the bolt a drop of water would drip out. Was the window trim got moved around when I was washing out the door jambs and waxing them. pushed the rubber back and wham
I checked this and no dice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orvtenn View Post
I think there's a TSB for some of the older trucks for weatherstripping on the front A-pillar that gets torn from the front door's opening and closing. My truck has torn weatherstrips but in my case they don't leak and I'm too cheap to buy replacements.
There is. I noticed mine was ripped a few years back so I called up the dealer for the drivers side and they told me about it and said I should get both sides, so I did. Pretty bad design flaw, but it does save them money by dong it the way they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1K View Post
Mine is doing that just a tiny bit its coming from behind the screw cover by the grab handle that your not supposed to grab. It leaves a dirty little water line were it runs down
Handel is clean and nothing's changed that way. It is too much water to be that I think, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceramictec View Post
that handle is the pillar like i described above. i also notice that i have a wind noise when I drive on the drivers door with the window up
I notice wind notice if I'm doing 85+ or if it is an excessively windy day. I really heard it when I was rolling 100k miles a a few months back and I was at 115 mph on I-80

2004 Rumble Bee #1546 4X4
Ryan
Performance: Super Chips 3865, K&N CAI, Edelbrock Shorty Headers, Dual Exhaust with 18" Magnaflow Muffler and Y-pipe, Power Wire, Sonnax Line Booster, Jet 180* t-stat, Taylor 8.2mm Shortie wires, Flex-A-Lite 183 E-fan, Grounded TB.
Appearance: 22" Black BOSS 334's wrapped in Nexen Tires, LED Tail Lights & Third, Shorty Antenna, Honeycomb Grill, Tint:5% Visor and Rear Window, Deadged, Retro'd 8000k Projected HID Headlights w/ SMD Halos, 3000k HID Fogs, Switchback LED Turns, Full LED Bulb Swap, Snugtop Tonneau w/ Stripe Extensions & 1546 in Stripe
Other: Kenwood KDC-X994, Pioneer 5ch amp wired to 2 10" Diamond Audio Subs in a custom ported box and 2 Kenwood Door Speakers, Clifford Remote Starter/Alarm System w/ Smart Start, Husky Floor Liners, Push Button Start, Jimmy Jammers.
Future Mods: Cam, Alarm Accessories (Motion Sensors, Microphone Sensors, Level Sensor, ect.)...
#10 Old 10-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Dodge4x4810

It is not wet anywhere you can see but the floor, correct? So, it must be coming from under the dash. If i had to guess, I would say it could be leaking around the bottom of the windshield on the passenger side. When it gets wet I would open the hood and look at that corner, near the windshield and see if it is wet and see if it is leaking down onto the firewall and getting in through one of the rubber grommets. Or, look at it now in that area and see if there are water marks from the last time it leaked.

2005 Daytona HEMI qc 4x4

True Duals w/ x-pipe, No cats, 2 10 Series dumped, Mopar Cold-Air Intake, 3.92 gears, Removed Body Kit, T-bar crank, Diablo Custom Tune, 35x12.5x20 Pro Comp Xterrains, 3" PA Body Lift, Gibson headers, MSD wires, egr delete

"disturbing the peace since 1987"
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.