Morimoto Elite 3Five/5Five HID Kit Group Buy!!!! - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > DodgeTalk Marketplace > Unique Coatings - Tinted Lenses

cbrenn71

Morimoto Elite 3Five/5Five HID Kit Group Buy!!!! - Posted: 10-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
State: OH
Post #1

I'm going to get right to the point on this one. We are going to be offering up Dodgetalk members a screamin' deal on a pair of Morimoto 3Five ELITE HID conversion kits.

Here's the skinny:

Morimoto 3Five Elite HID conversion kit. Retail: $160. Group Buy price: $130.00. ANY SIZE. ANY COLOR!!! SAVE $35.

Morimoto 5Five Elite HID conversion kit. (50 watt kits), Retail: $165. ($135.00 - ANY SIZE. ANY COLOR!!! SAVE $35.)

As a Dodgetalk bonus, all headlight kits will come with the Mopar CanBus harness (normally an option), that will include heavy duty relays, integrated resistor packs, etc. to be 100% plug and play and we GUARANTEE ZERO lamp out, flickering, strobing or flashing for the full warranty period.

We will also throw in free shipping on any order in the lower 48!!!!

There is no minimum number to trigger the group buy. I will be offering these for the first 50 Dodgetalk members at this price.

I can try and talk them up and make them sound more appealing, but here's the scoop: These are quite simply the best built kits out on the market. The ballasts and bulbs are top notch, and the wiring is as bulletproof as it comes. Here are the detail directly from Morimoto:

Morimoto Elite HID System

More expensive than your $50 eBay special, but when it comes to HID systems – you pay for what you get. Look around online and if you can find a kit made of better materials, buy it! The Morimoto Elite kit has the best ballasts. The best bulbs. The best harness.

Highlights:

Finish up your high performance projector retrofit with an HID system that can keep up. The Morimoto Elite kit is a major upgrade over generic aftermarket parts and offers virtually the same quality and performance as the considerably more expensive OEM setup we offer.

Standard cord length ballasts have 12 inches of extension, whereas the optional Long Cord outputs offer 20 inches of total length between the bulb socket and ballast computer for more mounting options.

If you're looking for maximum light output, the optional 5Five (50w) ballasts will boost the bulbs by approximately 1000 lumens. When selecting this option, 50w specific bulbs are automatically supplied to handle the higher wattage. The 3Five 35w system is best for long term reliability while still providing plenty of usable light output.

The ‘Moto bulbs feature: Philips style capsule alignment structure for a sharp cutoff and even beam pattern. Quartz glass tubes to minimize UV output and maximizing luminosity. Their Prax-Air (USA) metal halide salts produce very accurate color temperatures (3K/43K/5K/6K)

The ‘Moto 3Five ballasts feature: Integrated Denso style D2S outputs, 8 Amp start warms the bulbs up to full intensity within seconds. Completely weather proof case & potted internals. Braided stainless steel lines enhance durability, looks, and prevent EMI interference. Laser etched graphics, aluminum fittings & mounting hardware.

The ‘Moto Heavy Duty Relay Wire harness features: Independent 80amp relays with LED indicator lights. Ceramic and rubber coated fittings throughout to resist corrosion. 14 gauge stranded copper wire. Designed to be completely plug n play.

The standalone can-bus harness replaces the relayed battery harness with two individual sub harnesses. Only recommended for vehicles that recognize when a bulb is out, these contain a series of capacitors and resistors to trick the car into thinking nothing has changed and help you avoid annoying “bulb out” warnings. (not recommended for 5Five system or if you have DRL's)

Let’s not forget the 5-year warranty on the entire kit*. The Morimoto Elite system is designed to run for 2500 hours, so that’s what it’s guaranteed for. Don’t let vendors with their BS “lifetime” warranties fool you into thinking you're buying something well-made with that lame excuse. (in reality its over-sold cheap parts that cost $3 for them to replace every six months - no HID's will last you a lifetime)

What's Included:

2x: Morimoto 3Five or 5Five Digital Ballasts
2x: Morimoto 3Five or 5Five HID bulbs
1x: Can-Bus wire harness
2x: Sets of ballast mounting hardware
1x: Ballast test-lead
2x: Alcohol prep pads for bulbs
3Five: Five Year Warranty (to the original owner/non transferable)
5Five system = 3 years (to the original owner/non transferable)

Tech Specs:

Electrical

Input
DC 8-32V
Output
AC 85V 35W, Max Voltage at startup: 25,000V
Rated Lifetime
2500 hours (approx 7-10 years under normal use)
Morimoto Ballast Part #
3Five & 5Five
Morimoto bulb Part #
3Five & Five D2S

Ballast dimensions

Max Width
65mm (2.55 inches)
Max Length
85mm (3.35 inches)
Thickness
28mm (~1 inch)
Bulb cord length
12-20 inches

Lets Recap:

-This group buy is limited to the first 50 kits sold. Any make, model, bulb size and color.
-3Five Kits (35 watt): $130
-5Five Kits (50 watt): $135
-Free CanBus wiring upgrade
-Free shipping!!!!

If you are converting to HID or performing a retrofit, these are the kits you need to have on your ride!

GARAGE SALE!!! Great Prices on New, Used Retrofit Parts and Accessories
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&threadid=358141

PROJECTOR RETROFITS STARTING AT $195!!!!!

WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD ON HID & RETROFIT PARTS AND SERVICES!!!!! GUARANTEED.

Last edited by cbrenn71 : 12-13-2012 at 07:01 PM.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

cbrenn71

Posted: 10-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
Post #2

Stock Image
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRS-9007-KIT.jpg (16.6 KB, 1084 views)

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Zeph

Posted: 10-27-2012, 03:44 PM
City: Newport
State: NC
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #3

Argggh! I just retrofitted my aftermarkets with this same kit (minus the ballasts and the canbus relay) for $145 and I can attest that this kit is the shiz!!! World of difference from my previous plug and play setup. I painted my reflectors and shrouds black and grabbed the CCFL angel eyes and this setup looks sick on my black truck!

I'm going to get in on this group buy and save this one for my next retro. Thanks, cbrenn71, and put me down for a set of the 35W 5000K's!
'02 Black D 5.9L~Debadged~Durango Door Sill Inserts & Kickplates~LED Tails~Gen II Rear Wiper~BlackCat Gauge Face~Blue LED Gauge Lights and Interior~Crushed Black Velvet Headliner~JGC E-Fan~Lowered 2"~Morimoto Mini HI Retrofit

cbrenn71

Posted: 10-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
Post #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
Argggh! I just retrofitted my aftermarkets with this same kit (minus the ballasts and the canbus relay) for $145 and I can attest that this kit is the shiz!!! World of difference from my previous plug and play setup. I painted my reflectors and shrouds black and grabbed the CCFL angel eyes and this setup looks sick on my black truck!

I'm going to get in on this group buy and save this one for my next retro. Thanks, cbrenn71, and put me down for a set of the 35W 5000K's!
Thanks for confirming the quality! If you need a set for your fogs to compliment the headlights, let us know

Zeph

Posted: 10-28-2012, 12:42 PM
City: Newport
State: NC
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrenn71 View Post
Thanks for confirming the quality! If you need a set for your fogs to compliment the headlights, let us know
I don't want to thread jack but, I do need a set for my fogs (these MMH1's with the CCFL rings just make my Hella 2500 angel eyes look pathetic) but this was my first retrofit and I haven't seen many products for our fogs. Maybe you could point me in the right direction with some examples? Thanks.
'02 Black D 5.9L~Debadged~Durango Door Sill Inserts & Kickplates~LED Tails~Gen II Rear Wiper~BlackCat Gauge Face~Blue LED Gauge Lights and Interior~Crushed Black Velvet Headliner~JGC E-Fan~Lowered 2"~Morimoto Mini HI Retrofit

cbrenn71

Posted: 10-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
Post #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
I don't want to thread jack but, I do need a set for my fogs (these MMH1's with the CCFL rings just make my Hella 2500 angel eyes look pathetic) but this was my first retrofit and I haven't seen many products for our fogs. Maybe you could point me in the right direction with some examples? Thanks.
To confirm, you're looking for fog light HID options?

If so, you'll want the 9006 kit, i would recommend either 3000k or whatever color HID you have in your headlights.

jonti

Posted: 10-31-2012, 01:55 PM
State: OTHER
Post #7

Hi there!

I recently bought a 2003 5.9L Durango SLT, and was planning on joining up but this thread gave me the push.

I want to upgrade the standard lights and would like these kits for both headlights and fogs. How do I order?

I also need to replace the all the light fittings themselves. Any recommendations?

cbrenn71

Posted: 10-31-2012, 09:21 PM
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
Post #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonti View Post
Hi there!

I recently bought a 2003 5.9L Durango SLT, and was planning on joining up but this thread gave me the push.

I want to upgrade the standard lights and would like these kits for both headlights and fogs. How do I order?

I also need to replace the all the light fittings themselves. Any recommendations?
Shoot me a pm and we will get you set!

TToP

Posted: 11-07-2012, 12:04 AM
State: BC
Post #9

Just to confirm. These won't work if you have DRl's?
Canadian Rumble Bee SS #3285
Solar Yellow 4X4
2.5% Rear, 35% Side Tint
Compustar 2W8000FMR Alarm/Starter W/ Window Control & Pager
Aero Turbine 3030 Muffler (No Resonator)
AMSOIL XL7500 5W-20 Oil + K&N Oil Filter
K&N Drop In Air Filter
EUROLITE Xenon Head & Fog Lights
Infinity Basslink 10" Sub/200W D Amp
Armaguard HeavyDuty SprayIn
Chrome Flaps - Yet to be Coated
Crystal/Cleared Headlight Assemblies (Black)
LEER 700 Series Tonneau With PWR & Carpet
Tonneau & GFX Stripe Extensions
Gallery

getoan

Posted: 11-08-2012, 11:14 AM
State: MB
Post #10

I'm interested in installing a set in a 1997 Dodge Ram 2500. What exactly do I need for the installation and what would you recommend as far as wattage and bulb heat/color? I'm new to the hid game, I do a lot of night driving and could really use the extra light output.

cbrenn71

Posted: 11-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
Post #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TToP View Post
Just to confirm. These won't work if you have DRl's?

They will.

I don't recommend the 50w kit if your truck is equipped with DRLs.

cbrenn71

Posted: 11-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
Post #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by getoan View Post
I'm interested in installing a set in a 1997 Dodge Ram 2500. What exactly do I need for the installation and what would you recommend as far as wattage and bulb heat/color? I'm new to the hid game, I do a lot of night driving and could really use the extra light output.

Thanks for the interest. You would need a 9004 kit for your truck. I would recommend either 50w or 35w, either is fine. And i would recommend 6000k if you want the highest lumen output.

I would also recommend a projector retrofit if you want to make the most out of your HIDs.

Daytona1445

Posted: 11-10-2012, 12:19 AM
City: San Jose
State: CA
View This User's Gallery
Post #13

Two questions.

Are the 9007 high and low?
If getting foglighs as well can the 9006 bulbs be capped?
2005 Ram Daytona GoMango RC #1445
Orange Truck Club Member #19
Performance
Mopar CAI / 4.56 Superior Gears / Auburn limited slip / Edge Converter / Shift Kit / Viper Fan with FK50p Controller / Edelbrock mid headers / Custom True Dual Exhaust / Superchips Flashpaq / Summit Underdrive / 195 t-stat
Looks and Sound
Night Runner 22s / DJM 2" arms / McGaughys Flip with Notch & Air assist / Alpine, Orion, JL, Kicker audio / SilverStar lights / Optima Yellow / AEM Wideband O2 in SRT-10 Pillar / Retrax Bed Cover / Spray in Bed Liner / Mopar Billet fuel door / Daytona floor mats
Future plans
Depends what I can afford.

iwin

Posted: 11-10-2012, 09:17 AM
CTD
City: America
State: OTHER
Post #14

Any pictures of stock output and hid output with this system side-by-side? Preferably on an 06-08 Ram.

cbrenn71

Posted: 11-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
Post #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona1445 View Post
Two questions.

Are the 9007 high and low?
If getting foglighs as well can the 9006 bulbs be capped?
The 9007's are bi-xenon, high and low.

Can you explain further regarding the 9006's being capped

cbrenn71

Posted: 11-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
Post #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwin View Post
Any pictures of stock output and hid output with this system side-by-side? Preferably on an 06-08 Ram.
I will post some output shots tomorrow for you.

Daytona1445

Posted: 11-11-2012, 12:17 AM
City: San Jose
State: CA
View This User's Gallery
Post #17

Quote:
The 9007's are bi-xenon, high and low.

Can you explain further regarding the 9006's being capped
Thanks for the reply. After rereading the messasge I saw the bi-xenon part.

As for the 9006 bulbs being capped it has to do with the end of the bulbs just how stock bulbs have a coating on the end for use in lights that do not have reflectors in them.
The fog lights do not have reflectors in front of the bulbs like the head lights do so the light would kind of scatter or at least that is my understanding of things.
2005 Ram Daytona GoMango RC #1445
Orange Truck Club Member #19
Performance
Mopar CAI / 4.56 Superior Gears / Auburn limited slip / Edge Converter / Shift Kit / Viper Fan with FK50p Controller / Edelbrock mid headers / Custom True Dual Exhaust / Superchips Flashpaq / Summit Underdrive / 195 t-stat
Looks and Sound
Night Runner 22s / DJM 2" arms / McGaughys Flip with Notch & Air assist / Alpine, Orion, JL, Kicker audio / SilverStar lights / Optima Yellow / AEM Wideband O2 in SRT-10 Pillar / Retrax Bed Cover / Spray in Bed Liner / Mopar Billet fuel door / Daytona floor mats
Future plans
Depends what I can afford.

cbrenn71

Posted: 11-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
Post #18

Thank you fo the reply. To the best of my knowledge no one offers a capped 9006 bulb. most people are concerned with headlight glare not fog lights. If you are concerned about glare from the fogs, I would recommend projector fogs.

mhb1638

Posted: 11-12-2012, 04:06 PM
City: Summerville
State: SC
Post #19

These better than the flashtec garbage?

TToP

Posted: 11-12-2012, 04:17 PM
State: BC
Post #20

Quote:
They will.

I don't recommend the 50w kit if your truck is equipped with DRLs.
Is the reason the less life of the bulbs? Especially so when DRL's have them on all the time?
Canadian Rumble Bee SS #3285
Solar Yellow 4X4
2.5% Rear, 35% Side Tint
Compustar 2W8000FMR Alarm/Starter W/ Window Control & Pager
Aero Turbine 3030 Muffler (No Resonator)
AMSOIL XL7500 5W-20 Oil + K&N Oil Filter
K&N Drop In Air Filter
EUROLITE Xenon Head & Fog Lights
Infinity Basslink 10" Sub/200W D Amp
Armaguard HeavyDuty SprayIn
Chrome Flaps - Yet to be Coated
Crystal/Cleared Headlight Assemblies (Black)
LEER 700 Series Tonneau With PWR & Carpet
Tonneau & GFX Stripe Extensions
Gallery