Seatbelt wont retract!! - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

jorben1990

Seatbelt wont retract!! - Posted: 09-27-2012, 11:02 AM
City: Houston
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

Its getting annoying, and i really thought I would be able to ignore it but I've closed my door on my belt one too many times. It started when i took the front bench out to install my steathsub. Any ideas why this is happening? thanks guys.

Performance - Superchips 3865 / Magnaflow Dumped Exhaust / Twin Cold Air Intake/ Never knowing how little performace you have until your make a performance list, priceless.

Leveling Kit - Daystar 1.5 coil spacers.

Audio 1 12' Kicker Cvr122 in Stealthbox under middle front seat, Kicker DX 500.1 Amp, Pioneer Avh-p4300 screen , infiniti kappa series door speakers ran to cheap amp, upgrading soon.

Firepower: Taurus PT180 , shotgun coming soon for the jackers .

In loving memory of my brother from another, my best friend Eron Chapa 08/26/86 - 12/25/2010

This is your world I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dskirtech

Posted: 09-27-2012, 12:19 PM
City: Madison
State: MS
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

I know this sounds stupid, but I have noticed over the years mine gets the same way. The only thing I have done to help is as follows. Seems that after a while of feeding, then retracting a short distance the belt overlaps itself offtrack slightly on the spool and the rewind mechanism aint that strong.

First of all, Im sure you know that if you extend the seatbelt all the way out and give it a firm yank about 2 inches before full extension so that it hits the end with force, this activates the seatbelt "Lock" feature (when wearing the seatbelt, as you move and it takes up slack, it locks and doesnt "float" back and forth for length adjustment). To turn that feature OFF, you simply repeat the process again.

With that said, I have found that by extending the seatbelt all the way out, and slowly feeding it back in holding it perpendicular to the plain of the entry slot (no angle, no sway) it will start to behave a while. Of course, you will want to do this twice to ensure you didnt activate the LOCK feature. You will know if you did the first time you take off for a spin and your seatbelt starts squeezing the crap outta ya.

Dane
/...Not Stock ... /
.....Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end..........

SUPPORT THOSE WHO SUPPORT DODGETALK

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

jorben1990

Posted: 01-29-2013, 01:24 PM
City: Houston
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

Still not working , can my motors be messed up?

Performance - Superchips 3865 / Magnaflow Dumped Exhaust / Twin Cold Air Intake/ Never knowing how little performace you have until your make a performance list, priceless.

Leveling Kit - Daystar 1.5 coil spacers.

Audio 1 12' Kicker Cvr122 in Stealthbox under middle front seat, Kicker DX 500.1 Amp, Pioneer Avh-p4300 screen , infiniti kappa series door speakers ran to cheap amp, upgrading soon.

Firepower: Taurus PT180 , shotgun coming soon for the jackers .

In loving memory of my brother from another, my best friend Eron Chapa 08/26/86 - 12/25/2010

This is your world I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut

MonsoonMike

Posted: 01-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Formally 07MegaCabRam
City: Chandler
State: AZ
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #4

Search on here. I think there are a few posts on this. I know I started one and even took one apart. A new one is pretty much in order. Just not 100% sure you can get that from the dealer. My service guy is going to contact me today. I will ask him.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89207

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194725

::2014 Ram 2500 CTD Crew Cab Granite Crystal Metallic::

surgicaltech

Posted: 01-30-2013, 04:06 AM
State: OH
Post #5

I'm not sure about Dodge, but I know for a fact that Honda offers a lifetime warranty on seatbelts. Wouldn't hurt to call and ask.
Closed Thread