Komfort Travel Trailer - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM - Towing Talk

Closed Thread

mojoman

Komfort Travel Trailer - Posted: 09-04-2012, 07:23 PM
City: Lakewood
State: WA
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

Okay guys and gals my wife and I went looking at some trailer this weekend and I wanted know if my truck will feel good towing this with my 3.55 gears. It the one middle one that have the T2400 and thanks for your comments. http://www.komfort-rvs.com/media/doc...er%20Flyer.pdf

Dodgetalk.com 345 Entusiast Member #23
Member #109 "The Red Truck Club"

God Squad 1979 to Enternity
Preacher of the Gospel
Acts 3:19

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ram3500Dually

Posted: 09-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Administrator
City: Windsor Ontario Canada
State: OTHER
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
View This User's Timeslip
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #2

You are probably gonna be about 9K when loaded. Those 3:55 gears are going to kill you.......

2013 Ram 3500 CTD 6.7L 6 Speed Aisin, 4:10 LSD

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport

1991 Shadow ES Turbo Convertible

1984 Mini-Ram Van (Show Van) **TOTM April 2007** In museum now

73 Pro Street Duster.**VOTM July 2008/ April 2011**

1951 Dodge 3 Window Business Coupe **VOTM Feb 2011**

1992 Custom Built Harley FXSTC Show Bike

2008 Harley FLHTCU Ultra Classic

DodgeTalk Administrator

CTD Enthusiast Club Member #02

Names Carl, if you cut me I bleed Mopar Blue

Past Trucks: 90 CC Dually CTD, 94 RC LB CTD, 95 CC SB 5.2L gas, 98 QC Dually CTD, 00 QC Dually CTD, 01 QC Off Road, 03 QC Dually CTD, 05 QC Dually CTD, 08 Dually CTD **ROTM April 2008**,10 CC Dually CTD,

SUPPORT THOSE WHO SUPPORT DODGETALK

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Netman66

Posted: 09-04-2012, 08:28 PM
State: NB
Post #3

My trailer is slightly longer (30 feet or 35 feet ball to bumper) and weighs in around 8000 lbs loaded (water, bedding, dishes) with 800 lbs tongue weight. I have 3.55s in my 2010 Laramie with firestone airbags in the rear coils (I see you have some already) - and I know the trailer is there, but I'm not running the Indy 500 on the roads. Get a good quality weight distributing hitch with anti-sway capability, and have a good trailer guy setup the hitch. Drive with the Tow/Haul mode on and take it easy and you should have no problems. Yes, taller gears would be better, no argument there, but anticipate and drive looking down the road. These trucks can handle it.

Oh, make sure your tires are good too. The stock rubber is not great with big weight and you'll have almost the maximum on that hitch, so consider all the parts in play when you decide to buy and don't skimp out or it may be your life or the lives of others that suffer.

I have the Reese Strait-Line hitch with 1200 lbs bars, no issues and trailers perfectly level.

Most reputable shops will setup your truck and let you drag the trailer around to see how it runs before you buy it. Just ask!

Last edited by Netman66 : 09-04-2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Added comment

mojoman

Posted: 09-04-2012, 08:59 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram3500Dually View Post
You are probably gonna be about 9K when loaded. Those 3:55 gears are going to kill you.......

Hmmmm okay I was hoping that you will come and comment on this because I know that you are the king of towing. Thanks, my wife wanted to get a 2500 Hemi to tow this because she like the style of this trailer.

Preacher of the Gospel

mojoman

Posted: 09-04-2012, 09:01 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netman66 View Post
My trailer is slightly longer (30 feet or 35 feet ball to bumper) and weighs in around 8000 lbs loaded (water, bedding, dishes) with 800 lbs tongue weight. I have 3.55s in my 2010 Laramie with firestone airbags in the rear coils (I see you have some already) - and I know the trailer is there, but I'm not running the Indy 500 on the roads. Get a good quality weight distributing hitch with anti-sway capability, and have a good trailer guy setup the hitch. Drive with the Tow/Haul mode on and take it easy and you should have no problems. Yes, taller gears would be better, no argument there, but anticipate and drive looking down the road. These trucks can handle it.

Oh, make sure your tires are good too. The stock rubber is not great with big weight and you'll have almost the maximum on that hitch, so consider all the parts in play when you decide to buy and don't skimp out or it may be your life or the lives of others that suffer.

I have the Reese Strait-Line hitch with 1200 lbs bars, no issues and trailers perfectly level.

Most reputable shops will setup your truck and let you drag the trailer around to see how it runs before you buy it. Just ask!

I see right now that I will have to come down or step up to a 2500.

Preacher of the Gospel

mojoman

Posted: 09-04-2012, 09:06 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

Or maybe something like this will work. http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/rvs/3241247454.html

Preacher of the Gospel

adamdude04

Posted: 09-04-2012, 09:17 PM
City: Denver
State: CO
Post #7

How often will you tow it?

Another option too is to get an old Ford F250. A dedicated tow vehicle and a beefed up truck could be a good option (diesel of course). Not many people like this route, because they don't want to be seen as "poor" but with the cheap cost of a 15-20yr old truck, and the fact you don't need to do much to it saves not only wear an tear on your nice truck, but also allows you to hit the back trails!

2001 Durango SLT Plus
Platinum Metallic (PS4)
HD Package
4x4 to AWD conversion
Jeep TCM swap (5speed auto)
4.7 V8 with HD Package & 3.55 rear (??)

Ram3500Dually

Posted: 09-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Administrator
City: Windsor Ontario Canada
State: OTHER
View This User's Timeslip
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
Hmmmm okay I was hoping that you will come and comment on this because I know that you are the king of towing. Thanks, my wife wanted to get a 2500 Hemi to tow this because she like the style of this trailer.
I'm not the king but I do like to pull a nice load once in awhile LOL

2013 Ram 3500 CTD 6.7L 6 Speed Aisin, 4:10 LSD

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport

1991 Shadow ES Turbo Convertible

1984 Mini-Ram Van (Show Van) **TOTM April 2007** In museum now

73 Pro Street Duster.**VOTM July 2008/ April 2011**

1951 Dodge 3 Window Business Coupe **VOTM Feb 2011**

1992 Custom Built Harley FXSTC Show Bike

2008 Harley FLHTCU Ultra Classic

DodgeTalk Administrator

CTD Enthusiast Club Member #02

Names Carl, if you cut me I bleed Mopar Blue

Past Trucks: 90 CC Dually CTD, 94 RC LB CTD, 95 CC SB 5.2L gas, 98 QC Dually CTD, 00 QC Dually CTD, 01 QC Off Road, 03 QC Dually CTD, 05 QC Dually CTD, 08 Dually CTD **ROTM April 2008**,10 CC Dually CTD,

SUPPORT THOSE WHO SUPPORT DODGETALK

mojoman

Posted: 09-04-2012, 09:48 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netman66 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram3500Dually View Post
I'm not the king but I do like to pull a nice load once in awhile LOL

Lol!

Preacher of the Gospel

mojoman

Posted: 09-04-2012, 09:49 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdude04 View Post
How often will you tow it?

Another option too is to get an old Ford F250. A dedicated tow vehicle and a beefed up truck could be a good option (diesel of course). Not many people like this route, because they don't want to be seen as "poor" but with the cheap cost of a 15-20yr old truck, and the fact you don't need to do much to it saves not only wear an tear on your nice truck, but also allows you to hit the back trails!

Oh probably about two or three time a year I'm thinking.

Preacher of the Gospel

BULLRAM

Posted: 09-05-2012, 05:47 AM
City: HOUSTON
State: TX
Post #11

To me the T2400 has a much better layout, and 2 doors, all are valid points about towing ,but here is the most important for me, you are not going to tow every day, all the time ,and make your living with it, safety is a major concern, but like the previous poster commented , it will handle it, for as much as you will want to go and play, i would tow with what you have, if you have NOT towed with a new HEMI, of course you will think it wont do it and of course you will know its there , to me that will make you more aware, our 32 footer tows perfect for us, of course 4:56's and lot of other things would make it a lot better, but when I drop off the trailer and we drive to Florida, I will be VERY happy that the 4:56"s are not in there, you have to decide weather or not you are going to pull ALL he time ,or most of the time, for us, it is just some summertime fun, not needing a 2500, to justify that.
09-- CCSB --HEMI-- 2WD --7 INCH CST LIFT--305/55/20 NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS--TRAILER PACKAGE--Y.E.S. SEATS--REN--LONE STAR PACKAGE--VARARAM--DECAL REMOVED FROM SIDE CENTER POST--UPDATED HEMI EMBLEMS-- SUPERCHIPS 3865--TOW MIRRORS WITH CUSTOM LED'S--DODGE OEM NERF BARS--LEDS IN FRONT RAM EYES AND IN REAR--
BORLA PRO XS--VIPER 5904 --MAGNAFLOW Y-PIPE--VARARAM INTAKE--AIR BAGS--3.92'S

01- 1500 4x4..all stock for now

mojoman

Posted: 09-05-2012, 06:31 AM
View This User's Gallery
Post #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLRAM View Post
To me the T2400 has a much better layout, and 2 doors, all are valid points about towing ,but here is the most important for me, you are not going to tow every day, all the time ,and make your living with it, safety is a major concern, but like the previous poster commented , it will handle it, for as much as you will want to go and play, i would tow with what you have, if you have NOT towed with a new HEMI, of course you will think it wont do it and of course you will know its there , to me that will make you more aware, our 32 footer tows perfect for us, of course 4:56's and lot of other things would make it a lot better, but when I drop off the trailer and we drive to Florida, I will be VERY happy that the 4:56"s are not in there, you have to decide weather or not you are going to pull ALL he time ,or most of the time, for us, it is just some summertime fun, not needing a 2500, to justify that.

Good Point and thanks have you heard that they make a 4.56 yet for the 1500, 2011 yet?

Preacher of the Gospel

adamdude04

Posted: 09-05-2012, 07:34 AM
City: Denver
State: CO
Post #13

Yeah if 2-3 times a year then yeah you're fine

2001 Durango SLT Plus
Platinum Metallic (PS4)
HD Package
4x4 to AWD conversion
Jeep TCM swap (5speed auto)
4.7 V8 with HD Package & 3.55 rear (??)

BULLRAM

Posted: 09-05-2012, 08:07 AM
City: HOUSTON
State: TX
Post #14

Mojo, I am not sure if they have them for 2011 they make them for my 2009, we are looking at a new one also, we saw one this weekend ,took the boys to Yogi bear park, and canyon lake, we love to get out of the house and down the road, the trailer was all brown painted like a motor home, it was beautiful, and a bumper pull, must be a new type , never seen one alll colored up like that, I have seen many motor homes and now the 5vers also , but just not a bumper pull, let us know what you decide.
09-- CCSB --HEMI-- 2WD --7 INCH CST LIFT--305/55/20 NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS--TRAILER PACKAGE--Y.E.S. SEATS--REN--LONE STAR PACKAGE--VARARAM--DECAL REMOVED FROM SIDE CENTER POST--UPDATED HEMI EMBLEMS-- SUPERCHIPS 3865--TOW MIRRORS WITH CUSTOM LED'S--DODGE OEM NERF BARS--LEDS IN FRONT RAM EYES AND IN REAR--
BORLA PRO XS--VIPER 5904 --MAGNAFLOW Y-PIPE--VARARAM INTAKE--AIR BAGS--3.92'S

01- 1500 4x4..all stock for now

mojoman

Posted: 09-05-2012, 08:05 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #15

Quote:
Yeah that's all because my wife and I are Pastor of a Holiness Church so we can just get up and leave anytime but we will go and do something. We was talking about a cross country trip we live on the west coast and I have family that live on the east coast.

Preacher of the Gospel

mojoman

Posted: 09-05-2012, 08:09 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #16

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLRAM View Post
Mojo, I am not sure if they have them for 2011 they make them for my 2009, we are looking at a new one also, we saw one this weekend ,took the boys to Yogi bear park, and canyon lake, we love to get out of the house and down the road, the trailer was all brown painted like a motor home, it was beautiful, and a bumper pull, must be a new type , never seen one alll colored up like that, I have seen many motor homes and now the 5vers also , but just not a bumper pull, let us know what you decide.

Yeah, and you didn't get any pics my wife haven't been looking at any TT but I have for a few years now so I have to bring her up to speed first but for now we just looking at the different styles.

Preacher of the Gospel

natedog_37

Posted: 09-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Post #17

I tow a 32 foot race car trailer trailer and car, tools etc etc weight in right around 8K. I have 3:55 and I know it was there but she tows fine. I wish I had the 3:92 or higher but what can you do. Just make sure she is setup correctly Sway, WD etc etc.
1989 Conquest TSI
Stock hehehehe.
1988 Conquest TSI 440BB

mojoman

Posted: 09-06-2012, 10:06 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedog_37 View Post
I tow a 32 foot race car trailer trailer and car, tools etc etc weight in right around 8K. I have 3:55 and I know it was there but she tows fine. I wish I had the 3:92 or higher but what can you do. Just make sure she is setup correctly Sway, WD etc etc.

Yep! you're right

Preacher of the Gospel

04Ram2500Hemi

Posted: 11-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Same Name, Different Game
City: Missoula
State: MT
Post #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
If your truck was a little bit older I'd say this would be a great excuse to get a new truck

I like that 24ft trailer in the middle. The layout looks very user friendly and it's a good size for towing. Sure your 1500 may not do it in record pace, but I think it should still be fine.
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, Two Vision X LED Lights on Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill

Gone But Never Forgotten!
2004 Ram 2500 4X4 SLT Quad Cab Hemi Silver Metallic, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Westin Nerf Bars Sprayed with Line-X, Bushwacker Extend A Fender Sprayed with Line-X, Rhino Lining in the Bed and Over the Rails, Truxedo Low Profile Tonneau Cover, Hell 500's Behind the Grill, Warn Front Receiver, KC Backup Lights, Custom Mounted Bumper Backup Lights, V-7 V Force Muffler, Auto Meter Transmission Temperature Gauge, SRT-10 Pillar Grab Handle, Kore Recon Suspension System, Kore Race Steering Damper, Kore Chase Control Arms, Kore Coil Spring Isolator, Kore End Links, 35x12.50 Mud Terrain SXT Tires, SRT-10 Hood, AEM Brute Force Intake, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Smoked Recon Cab Lights, Tuff Stuff 12,500 Pound Multi Point Winch

locogk

Posted: 11-10-2012, 08:08 PM
locogk
City: macon georgia
State: GA
Post #20

i also like the t 2400 i don't think you will have a prpblem just get a good weight dis hitch

Truck and towing member #21

4 th gen truck club # 52 red truck club # 249

A yankee in rebel land but love the weather

MINE

2013 1500 crew cab hemi laramie flame red/silver with the goodies,bed mat tailgate cover
ram hitch cover, bed mat,step bars, in channel vent visors,window tint
chrome tailgate handle cover avs smoked bug shield factory brake controller a.r.e. cap, air lift 1000 air bags floor storage locks factory tow mirrors with chrome caps storage bin locks dash mat

hers

2013 dodge journey silver , dash mat window tinting
Closed Thread