Immediately after starting my truck and driving about 30 feet my engine started jerking and acting like it was going to stall every time I'd try to decelerate. Check engine light came on, P0344.
I turned off the truck, restarted it and didn't have any problems again however I replaced the Camshaft Position Sensor anyway (from autozone, just got underneath the truck, unbolted the old one and slipped in the new one).
Drove it for a few weeks without any issues then it happened again. It has happened a couple times now and always seems to be when initially driving the truck. Restarting seems to solve the problem... for a while.
(Also to note, when I pulled the original sensor it had quite a bit of metallic flakes on the end of the magnet. The new one over the past month has not gathered any.)
Any help or guidance from the geniuses here would be much appreciated!!
Here is the entire TSB as mentioned above.
GROUP: Vehicle Performance
DATE: May 9, 2009
Flash: MIL Illumination Due To Diagnostic Trouble Code P0340 Or P0344
This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Powertrain Control
Module (PCM) with new software.
2002 - 2003 DN Durango
2002 - 2004 (LH) Concorde/Intrepid/Vision/LHS/New Yorker /300M
2005 - 2006 (LX) 300/Charger/Magnum
2005 - 2006 (LE) 300C/300C Touring
2004 - 2006 (DR) Ram Truck
2004 (AN) Dakota
2005 - 2006 (ND) Dakota
2005 - 2006 (JR) Sebring Sedan & Convertible/Stratus Sedan
2006 (PT) Chrysler PT Cruiser
2005 - 2006 (TJ) Wrangler
2005 - 2006 (TJ) Wrangler (International)
NOTE: This bulletin applies to:
· DR vehicles equipped with a 3.7L/4.7L/5.7L engine (sales code EKG, EVA, EVD,
EZA or EZB)
· 2002 LH vehicles equipped with a 2.7L or 3.5L engine (sales code EER, EES, EGC,
EGG, EGK or EGJ)
· 2003 and 2004 LH vehicles equipped with a 2.7L engine (sales code EER)
· LX/LE vehicles equipped with a 2.7L/3.5L or 5.7L engine (sales code EER, EGG or
· JR vehicles equipped with a 2.7L engine (sales code EEE or EER)
· TJ vehicles equipped with a 4.0L engine (sales code ERH)
· AN vehicles equipped with a 3.7L or 4.7L engine (sales code EKG or EVA)
· ND vehicles equipped with a 3.7L or 4.7L engine (sales code EKG, EVA or EVC)
· PT vehicles equipped with a 2.4L engine (sales code EDZ)
· DN vehicles equipped with a 4.7L engine (sales code EVA)
The software contains the following improvements for all customers:
· A MIL illumination for P0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit - Bank 1 Sensor 1
· A MIL illumination for P0344 - Camshaft Position Sensor Intermittent - Bank 1
Using a Scan Tool (DRBIII® or StarSCAN®) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures
available in TechCONNECT, verify all engine systems are functioning as designed. If
DTCs are present record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before
proceeding further with this bulletin.
If the vehicle operator describes or experiences the Symptom/Condition, perform the