Does my Durango need to be Dyno'd? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS


DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 2nd Gen (04 - 09) Forums > 2G Dodge Durango Performance Talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools

Muney2bMade
 
  Does my Durango need to be Dyno'd? - Posted: 07-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Muney2bMade's Avatar
Registered User
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 114
State: OK
Status: Offline
Post #1

If I get a chip? How exactly does this work, and can you guys link me to the best ones? thnx

(I mean I can look them up too, but I highly doubt i'll be getting +75 HP and 80 TQ... http://autochipsdirect.com/dodge-durango--159)
__________________
Haters donít really hate you, they hate themselves; because youíre a reflection of what they wish to be.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

DH350nWo
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 09:27 AM
DH350nWo's Avatar
Registered User
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 13
State: OTHER
Status: Offline
Post #2

Dyno not needed unless you want to have accurate TQ/HP numbers. Chips like you posted are junk and I would suggest to stay away from them. If you want to tune your D go with a Flashpaq/Cortex, Diablo, or Edge depending on what you have motorwise and what kind of gains you a looking to achieve.

Many will also suggest that if you are going to have a track truck, headers, cams, exhaust etc, will be on your list of mods. It all depends on what you want to do with your truck and how you want to mod it.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Dodge4L1fe
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Bye Bye
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,869
State: OTHER
Status: Offline
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

Custom tuning isn't required until you start doing engine mods. (i.e. cams, heads, etc).

Get a Superchips Flashpaq 3865 along with the optional transmission tuning feature and you'll be set. Very easy to use and setup. They can be found often in the classifieds on here for 200-$275 instead of $340+ new.

Tip: Stay away from anything that ISN'T made by Superchips, SCT, or Diablosport. Jet Chips were big back in the day, but today they're worthless.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Muney2bMade
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Muney2bMade's Avatar
Registered User
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 114
State: OK
Status: Offline
Post #4

I think I am going to be getting this installed along with a chip.

http://www.carid.com/2004-dodge-dura...ts-574364.html



But I still have no clue EXACTLY what a chip does... I mean you just insert it on some part of the engine click some mode and then take it out? lol. (sounds dumb but thats honestly what I thought)
__________________
Haters donít really hate you, they hate themselves; because youíre a reflection of what they wish to be.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Dodge4L1fe
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Bye Bye
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,869
State: OTHER
Status: Offline
View This User's Gallery
Post #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muney2bMade View Post
I think I am going to be getting this installed along with a chip.

http://www.carid.com/2004-dodge-dura...ts-574364.html
You could save a lot more money by just getting a muffler swapped in and deleting the resonator, but a few people have said good things about that kit. I've head it in person and it's pretty quiet; just barely noticeable over stock.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Dodge4L1fe
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Bye Bye
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,869
State: OTHER
Status: Offline
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muney2bMade View Post
But I still have no clue EXACTLY what a chip does... I mean you just insert it on some part of the engine click some mode and then take it out? lol. (sounds dumb but thats honestly what I thought)
Not to be anal, but it's called a tuner, not a chip

You hook the cable up to the OBDII port (by the hood release), then follow the on-screen instructions to tune it. It's pretty self-explanatory once you have it in front of you. It's very easy to use, I truly mean it.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Muney2bMade
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Muney2bMade's Avatar
Registered User
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 114
State: OK
Status: Offline
Post #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge4L1fe View Post
You could save a lot more money by just getting a muffler swapped in and deleting the resonator, but a few people have said good things about that kit. I've head it in person and it's pretty quiet; just barely noticeable over stock.
Hmm I asked my friend about just getting a muffler and he said something about having to get it tuned because of something about pressure. I just want my durango to rumble lol.
__________________
Haters donít really hate you, they hate themselves; because youíre a reflection of what they wish to be.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Dodge4L1fe
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Bye Bye
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,869
State: OTHER
Status: Offline
View This User's Gallery
Post #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muney2bMade View Post
Hmm I asked my friend about just getting a muffler and he said something about having to get it tuned because of something about pressure. I just want my durango to rumble lol.
No tuning is required. You could technically do headers, catback, and intake without a tune, but you'd see a more noticeable increase in power with all of those with a tune. I'm not sure what ricers require when doing an exhaust, but with a hemi you don't need tuning with just an exhaust swap.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Muney2bMade
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Muney2bMade's Avatar
Registered User
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 114
State: OK
Status: Offline
Post #9

I did the intake without a tune lol, but it was done poorly, it's freakin' taped in.

How much are headers and how much you think installation would be? [Brb going to QT for a 5 hour energy]
__________________
Haters donít really hate you, they hate themselves; because youíre a reflection of what they wish to be.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Dodge4L1fe
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Bye Bye
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,869
State: OTHER
Status: Offline
View This User's Gallery
Post #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muney2bMade View Post
I did the intake without a tune lol, but it was done poorly, it's freakin' taped in.

How much are headers and how much you think installation would be? [Brb going to QT for a 5 hour energy]
I paid $1225 installed for my headers. The headers themselves were around $700. Installation was $525... took them 7 hours and this was a hemi specialist. It's definitely worth the price, but I wouldn't do it unless you plan on doing some other mods like exhaust and possibly a cam down the road. It makes the exhaust sound a lot more mean and gives it better tone. Best of all, the power gains are better than any other bolt-on. I felt a greater increase in power than from my Superchips, Intake, Y Pipe, or Catback. Also want to note that you can install these headers in your driveway, but the downpipes require welding to the cats.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Muney2bMade
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Muney2bMade's Avatar
Registered User
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 114
State: OK
Status: Offline
Post #11

Well I'm so.... whats the word, tempted to do stuff since i have like $2600 atm to blow. But at the same time I want to put it towards my SRT8 JEEP cause as soon as I get a job that's what i'm gonna buy haha. probably trade daddy durango in for about $8500 i hope...

speaking of $8500 the KBB value says $9800 but I highly doubt I can get that out of a 100k mile durango, any idea what its worth? (def needs new brakes but thats about the only thing wrong with it)
__________________
Haters donít really hate you, they hate themselves; because youíre a reflection of what they wish to be.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Dodge4L1fe
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Bye Bye
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,869
State: OTHER
Status: Offline
View This User's Gallery
Post #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muney2bMade View Post
Well I'm so.... whats the word, tempted to do stuff since i have like $2600 atm to blow. But at the same time I want to put it towards my SRT8 JEEP cause as soon as I get a job that's what i'm gonna buy haha. probably trade daddy durango in for about $8500 i hope...
Good luck with the trade-in... I'm getting ready to trade mine in soon and I wish I could get that much lol. I'm gonna leave my opinion out of here as to how far I think these vehicles should be taken, but if you do all the performance upgrades like heads, cams, headers, exhaust, tune, etc I'm sure you'll be happy. $2600 won't cover all of that though

I want a SRT8 WK too, but I can't find one with low miles for under $32k
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Muney2bMade
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Muney2bMade's Avatar
Registered User
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 114
State: OK
Status: Offline
Post #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge4L1fe View Post
Good luck with the trade-in... I'm getting ready to trade mine in soon and I wish I could get that much lol. I'm gonna leave my opinion out of here as to how far I think these vehicles should be taken, but if you do all the performance upgrades like heads, cams, headers, exhaust, tune, etc I'm sure you'll be happy. $2600 won't cover all of that though

I want a SRT8 WK too, but I can't find one with low miles for under $32k
I'm selling the Durango seperately lol. My dads friend can get one from the auction 60k miles for around 19k he says. (Sounds unbelievable but he says he can do it).


I'm starting to like trucks a lot, Oklahoma is gettin' to me =[. I just love the fact that the SUV is so big and shits on sports cars funniest thing. what low miles are you talking about lol? like 20-40k range? [Oh and what year? I'm lookin at the 06-10 ones]





I'm sure I showed you guys this before, but usually when I race cars (Mustangs, G35's, etc etc) Off the line I kill them (obviously cuz of awd) [to around 30-50mph they catch up and easily pass]... and I got killed off the line, this is what made me want that jeep so bad lol.
__________________
Haters donít really hate you, they hate themselves; because youíre a reflection of what they wish to be.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Dodge4L1fe
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Bye Bye
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,869
State: OTHER
Status: Offline
View This User's Gallery
Post #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muney2bMade View Post
I'm selling the Durango seperately lol. My dads friend can get one from the auction 60k miles for around 19k he says. (Sounds unbelievable but he says he can do it).


I'm starting to like trucks a lot, Oklahoma is gettin' to me =[. I just love the fact that the SUV is so big and shits on sports cars funniest thing. what low miles are you talking about lol? like 20-40k range? [Oh and what year? I'm lookin at the 06-10 ones]
I can believe that price with the mileage, but I'm looking for practically new 10-25k miles. Same years too. I'm looking at getting a Ram or maybe a 300c SRT8. I'm looking at dealer auctions too
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Muney2bMade
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Muney2bMade's Avatar
Registered User
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 114
State: OK
Status: Offline
Post #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge4L1fe View Post
I can believe that price with the mileage, but I'm looking for practically new 10-25k miles. Same years too. I'm looking at getting a Ram or maybe a 300c SRT8. I'm looking at dealer auctions too
SRT10 right? cuz if not... uhhhhh LOL. just kidding, the new ones look raw from the front. and im pretty sure everything stock on the daytona is faster then the durango

maybe KBB has nothing to do with car prices.... cuz that says srt8 jeep 60k miles = 23k i believe


If I can find one for 20k.. I know I can get ATLEAST 7k off the Durango, plus my $2600, thats $9.6k left, payments would be toooo easy. i wonder what the insurance would be, $200 a month ? (well i'm 18 probably much higher for me than you lol)
__________________
Haters donít really hate you, they hate themselves; because youíre a reflection of what they wish to be.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Dodge4L1fe
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Bye Bye
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,869
State: OTHER
Status: Offline
View This User's Gallery
Post #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muney2bMade View Post
SRT10 right? cuz if not... uhhhhh LOL. just kidding, the new ones look raw from the front. and im pretty sure everything stock on the daytona is faster then the durango

maybe KBB has nothing to do with car prices.... cuz that says srt8 jeep 60k miles = 23k i believe


If I can find one for 20k.. I know I can get ATLEAST 7k off the Durango, plus my $2600, thats $9.6k left, payments would be toooo easy. i wonder what the insurance would be, $200 a month ? (well i'm 18 probably much higher for me than you lol)
Dealers don't use KBB... they used Black Book, NADA, and go by what the prices are at the dealer auctions. Insurance is going to be up there. I was looking at getting a Challenger at one point and the insurance was the same rate as my Durango... I'm about to turn 21 too. lol

No SRT8,not SRT10
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Muney2bMade
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Muney2bMade's Avatar
Registered User
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 114
State: OK
Status: Offline
Post #17

Also, what do you think about the Durango beating a Cummins? Cause everyone kept saying that it would dominate me, but we raced (at least im sure we did) and I bodybagged him lol....

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...27153276_n.jpg

this one to be exact.. never asked him if he was flooring it but i sure as hell was
__________________
Haters donít really hate you, they hate themselves; because youíre a reflection of what they wish to be.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Dodge4L1fe
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Bye Bye
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,869
State: OTHER
Status: Offline
View This User's Gallery
Post #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muney2bMade View Post
Also, what do you think about the Durango beating a Cummins? Cause everyone kept saying that it would dominate me, but we raced (at least im sure we did) and I bodybagged him lol....

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...27153276_n.jpg

this one to be exact.. never asked him if he was flooring it but i sure as hell was
Those wheels and tires probably slowed him down a little, unless he regeared.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Muney2bMade
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Muney2bMade's Avatar
Registered User
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 114
State: OK
Status: Offline
Post #19

wait.... they have a ram srt8? da hail
__________________
Haters donít really hate you, they hate themselves; because youíre a reflection of what they wish to be.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Dodge4L1fe
 
 Posted: 07-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Bye Bye
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,869
State: OTHER
Status: Offline
View This User's Gallery
Post #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muney2bMade View Post
wait.... they have a ram srt8? da hail
No... only a Ram SRT10. I said Dodge Ram OR Chrysler 300c SRT8
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I got Dyno'd RJRJRJ 3G Dodge Ram Performance Talk 21 01-20-2010 09:04 PM
Got Her Dyno'd fsu123187 3G Dodge RAM Diesel Talk 9 12-04-2007 12:09 PM
Dyno'd my 06 Hemi Ram w/MDS shawns1stram 3G Dodge Ram Performance Talk 97 10-13-2006 03:34 PM
Got her Dyno'd at 434.6 and 471.4 wombie Dodge Ram SRT-10 Talk 15 03-25-2005 10:46 PM
I Dyno'd my Durango Yesterday RLG 1G Dodge Durango Performance Talk 16 10-08-2004 03:15 AM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.





Privacy Statement