BBK Shorty Headers - Update - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM Performance Talk

Closed Thread

HEMI450HP

BBK Shorty Headers - Update - Posted: 06-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Moe's Performance
City: Conroe, TX
State: TX
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
View This User's Timeslip View This User's Dyno Entries
Post #1

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on these. I just spoke to my rep at BBK, and they currently have a 4th gen hemi truck in the shop for R&D. They are scheduled to begin working on the new flanges late this week, or early next week. They told me they would call me personally when these are ready to go, so cross your fingers that they get it done quickly. I know many of you are tired of waiting on JBA, so this is going to be a great alternative for the guys that dont want to spend $1500 on the ARH longtubes or wait 1-2 months for a set of JBA's.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

myoung84

Posted: 06-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Administrator
City: Broken Arrow
Post #2

If my JBA's haven't shipped by the time these are ready, I'll definitely be ordering...

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Vararam Intake | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks @ 2.1" | Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
AirLift 100 Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Overland Hemi

Magnaflow Exhaust | Volant Intake | Diablo inTune w/Hemifever Tuning | BT Oil Catch Can

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

MGRAM-10

Posted: 06-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Don't forget your towel
City: Edmonton
State: AB
Post #3

My JBA's arrived in a week after ordering and that's to Canada, just saying

myoung84

Posted: 06-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Administrator
City: Broken Arrow
Post #4

Who did you order them from?

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Vararam Intake | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks @ 2.1" | Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
AirLift 100 Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Overland Hemi

Magnaflow Exhaust | Volant Intake | Diablo inTune w/Hemifever Tuning | BT Oil Catch Can

HEMI450HP

Posted: 06-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Moe's Performance
Post #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGRAM-10 View Post
My JBA's arrived in a week after ordering and that's to Canada, just saying
Yours were a rare exception. Most everyone that has ordered in the last 2 months has had to wait no less than 3 weeks. I saw a member say that he got his from Summit in a week, but Summit's price is very high compared to everyone else on them.

This was not intended to be another BBK vs. JBA thread though. I just wanted to inform everyone that there will be another option available soon.

MGRAM-10

Posted: 06-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Don't forget your towel
City: Edmonton
State: AB
Post #6

I ordered from autoanything, that was before the sudden big demand for them, supply and demand is causing the issue for late delivery's I bet but that is unacceptable for the multiple delays IMO.

Glad to hear BBK is getting them done right and hopefully have a set for 4X4 as well, I was about to order a set of BBK myself until I found out they weren't gonna work for my ram? Great job in helping other ram owners HEMI450HP definitely need more header options to choose from

Taylo1

Posted: 06-04-2012, 06:10 PM
City: Childress, Texas
Post #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI450HP View Post
Yours were a rare exception. Most everyone that has ordered in the last 2 months has had to wait no less than 3 weeks. I saw a member say that he got his from Summit in a week, but Summit's price is very high compared to everyone else on them.

This was not intended to be another BBK vs. JBA thread though. I just wanted to inform everyone that there will be another option available soon.
Thanks Matt, for the update. Let me know when you get them in I want a set. Any update on S&B?
2012 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman 4X4, 4:10 gears, 305/60/18 Pro Comp Xtreme AT, ION 18x9 wheels, Magnaflow muffler, fastman throttle body, Bullydog Tuner, Edge 2600 stall TC.

brentwood

Posted: 06-04-2012, 06:55 PM
State: NJ
View This User's Gallery
Post #8

Good to hear.... I will buy a set if you get them before my jba's are shipped.

'12 Ram 1500 QC Express 4x4 w/5.7 HEMI

Mods: Curt trailer hitch, Rhino liner, FLOWMASTER 50hd, JBA shorty headers titanium ceramic coated, 17x9 xd cranks, vht nightshade tail lights and 3rd brake light, magnaflow y-pipe, stubby antenna, partial debadge, plasti dip badges, edge street 2800 tc, diablosport trinity hemifever 93 octane tune, 180 t-stat, black headlight housings, sylvania silverstar zxe bulbs, rancho quick lift loaded, rancho rs9000xl rear shocks, mickey thompson baja mtz 35x12.5x17, vararam air grabber

future mods: ?? pretty happy with my truck for now

HEMI450HP

Posted: 06-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Moe's Performance
Post #9

S&B said it would still be a couple weeks. It sucks having to wait, but I would rather they do it right, then start selling them before they are ready.

HEMI450HP

Posted: 06-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Moe's Performance
Post #10

I think it is still going to be a month or so before the BBK's are ready. They just got the test truck in the shop, so they are going to have to do some R&D, and then manufacture the new flanges and weld them up.

Taylo1

Posted: 06-04-2012, 10:34 PM
City: Childress, Texas
Post #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI450HP View Post
S&B said it would still be a couple weeks. It sucks having to wait, but I would rather they do it right, then start selling them before they are ready.
No problem, I'll keep checking and watching..
2012 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman 4X4, 4:10 gears, 305/60/18 Pro Comp Xtreme AT, ION 18x9 wheels, Magnaflow muffler, fastman throttle body, Bullydog Tuner, Edge 2600 stall TC.

greychevy

Posted: 06-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Bye bye 3rd Gen
City: Orlando
State: FL
View This User's Gallery
Post #12

Thanks for the update

First & only 4th gen 4x4 in the 12's NA 12.801 @ 103.63
2012 Black SC 4x4 1500 Ram w/hemi Coated 1-7/8" ARH longtubes, Vararam intake, Circle-D 3000, Moe's 87mm throttle body, Mopar V-6 fan, 180 t-stat, 2010 frontend swap/4.56 gears, Diablo trinity w HemiFever tune, AEM Wideband

BACK TO STOCK AND SOLD 9/28/2011! 2006 Black SC 4x4 1500 Dodge Ram w/ hemi, Inertia big valve heads, Comp 268 cam, Circle-D 3000 converter, Pacesetter long-tubes, Black Magic 180 efan, Summit 20% underdrive pulley, 4.56 gears w/ LDS, K&N intake, Diablo programmer with STU custom tune, Sonnax line booster, Trans Go HD shift kit, Spring Clamps, No Cats, 3" dual exhaust w/ Cutouts & Dynomax X-pipe muffler, AEM Wideband, 180 t-stat, 2.5 inch leveling kit, stock powder coated black 17" rims, 35x10.5 super swamper SSRs

mojoman

Posted: 06-05-2012, 03:35 AM
City: Lakewood
State: WA
View This User's Gallery
Post #13

Thanks for the update, I almost went to AA and order but I will hold off a little while longer to see if they will do better or the same.

Dodgetalk.com 345 Entusiast Member #23
Member #109 "The Red Truck Club"

God Squad 1979 to Enternity
Preacher of the Gospel
Acts 3:19

reckster360

Posted: 06-05-2012, 05:36 PM
City: El Campo
View This User's Garage
Post #14

Awesome, thanks for the update, hopefully I can get me a set when they release ....sure hope they get some made for us 4x4 guys

Mods:
5% Tint Rear Windows & Eyebrow, 35% Front
Superchips 3950
Rhino Bedliner
ANZO Tailgate LED Bar W/Reverse
Volant Intake
Magnaflow Mufflex 14 With Resonator Removed
Pioneer 3200 AVH Touchscreen With Backup Camera
All Interior And Exterior Bulbs LED Natural White
Plasti-dipped Emblems, Bumpers and Interior
Moes Performance 87mm TB
Debadged
Recon LED Smoked 3rd Brake Light
Magnaflow Y-pipe
Halo HID Sonar Headlights
Flush-Mount Black Toolbox
HID Fogs, Low beam, Reverse 6k
Whole Interior Deadened With Audio Technix 60 mil
Raceland Cutout 3
Weathertech Floormat In Rear
XS Power D3400 Battery
Big 3 Upgrade
Nitto Mud Grappler 33x12.5r17
Fuel Krank 17x9 -12 offset,
Triple Gauge Pillar
Bilstein 5100 Series 2.8" Lift
Rough Country 1.25" Body Lift,
Bushwacker Pocket Style Flares
50" LED Light Bar With SOCAL Mounts

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Posted: 06-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Try harder
City: Norman
State: OK
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #15

Matt, thank you for checking on this. It's nice to see real, good customer service come back.

Mineral Gray 2010 Dodge Ram CC Hemi Sport

Exterior: Limo tint | Painted tips | Painted calipers | De-badged | Painted grill inserts | Gloss black b-pillars | Color matched antenna base |
VHT tinted puddle lights | Color matched tailgate handle | Shaved and two-toned grill | Painted Vararam lid w/ two-toned Ram badge |
Color matched Laramie 2500 flares | Shaved tailgate badge | Shortened and painted antenna
Lighting: Color matched headlights retrofitted with 5000k Morimoto projectors |
5000k HID fog lights tinted with Lamin-x | 6000k HID retrofitted reverse lights
Interior: Color matched interior plastics | 2 MTX 12" subs in a cheap box | REN MyGig 30gb headunit | Black microsuede wrapped headliner and sun visors | Black microsuede wrapped and shaved pillars | Black microsuede wrapped custom made door inserts | SEM black painted interior plastics
Suspension: McGaughy's 2/5 Economy drop | BrakeMotive cross-drilled and slotted rotors | All black Milano M724 22s | 305/40R22 Nitto 420s | AirLift Helper Bags
Performance: Superchips Vivid Paq w/ trans tuning | Vararam Air Grabber | Magnaflow 18" Muffler | Raceland USA E-Cutout |
Billet Technology Oil Catch Can | Clutch fan delete | 180 T-stat | Magnaflow Y-Pipe with relocated crossover pipe

HEMI450HP

Posted: 06-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Moe's Performance
Post #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckster360 View Post
Awesome, thanks for the update, hopefully I can get me a set when they release ....sure hope they get some made for us 4x4 guys
BBK only listed their 3rd Gen shorties to fit the 2wd trucks, but there are many 4wd guys running them. Hopefully the same applies for the 4th gens. I will ask about this though.

HEMI450HP

Posted: 06-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Moe's Performance
Post #17

This was posted by Big Boi in another thread...

Originally Posted by ken murphy - VP of BBK - kmurphy@bbkperformance.com
"We have come up with a solution for enlarging the port enough to accomodate the early and late model heads without any negative results to either. We did testing and are now tooling the end forming equipment to be able to run them in production. At this point it looks like another 2 weeks before we can weld production qtys of this new design. Sorry its taken so long but with volume production every step seems to take more time than you'd expect."

gutty96

Posted: 06-07-2012, 09:24 AM
State: ON
Post #18

Have they said anything about making them work for the 1500 4x4 guys? That has to be the largest volume market. At least around here, all I see are 1500 4x4, or HD.

VA4MEDS

Posted: 06-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Just Chillin'
City: Central FL / Southern GA
State: FL
Post #19

Matt,

See if they can send you a pic of the ports when they are ready. I'm kind of skiddish about them just opening up the round flanges like previously posted. That sounds like the cheap way out for them and possibly a PIA for us.

Thanks

2010 5650 lb LeadSled Crew Cab: 13.401 @ 100.460 MPH
inTune Custom Tunes by white lightning
Power, Ignition, & Cooling by DENSO
Pushed & Chilled by Mr. Freeze
Central Florida Chapter Member #22

HEMI450HP

Posted: 06-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Moe's Performance
Post #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA4MEDS View Post
Matt,

See if they can send you a pic of the ports when they are ready. I'm kind of skiddish about them just opening up the round flanges like previously posted. That sounds like the cheap way out for them and possibly a PIA for us.

Thanks
Will do. I think this only applies to the units that they had in stock at the time though. It would be pointless for them to continue making them the way they were and having to go back and machine them again afterwards...that's alot of wasted time. I'm sure they are going to have them cut correctly from the start once they get everything lined up.
Closed Thread