CB's 2012 PW ST build thread - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Power Wagon Forums (05 - Up) > 4G Ram Power Wagon Talk

Closed Thread

2012 PW ST

CB's 2012 PW ST build thread - Posted: 04-26-2012, 03:57 AM
CB
State: CO
Post #1

The 8 week wait on my PW ST factory order is finally over!! Picked it up a couple days ago.

Thought I'd start my build thread with a few picks of it all brand new with 15 miles on it before I drove it home.

The dark gray grille, monochrome paint, and "tailgate only" PW decal are how the ST's come standard.

I love how it looks stock now, but can't wait to get the chrome bumpers off and have gloss black Ranch Hands on!

No inside pics yet, but loving the vinyl floor. Dropped some black Husky liners over top. They fit great and vinyl on vinyl movement is minimal.

Just had the solid rear glass swapped for a Mopar manual slider today. Much better. (Solid rear glass now for sale so let me know if anyone is interested/needs a replacement.) Also just dropped a bed mat in and put a plastic Mopar bedliner tailgate cap on the gate to give the spray in liner some added protection.

Will post more pics & write ups as mods get done.

CB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1072 resize.jpg (364.8 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1073 resize.jpg (349.2 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1074 resize.jpg (357.5 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1078 resize.jpg (394.8 KB, 65 views)
Carli suspension/steering/Bilstein 5100s|Ranch Hand bumpers/headache rack/rails|Factory spray in bedliner|35/12.5/17 BFG KM2s on factory alloys|Lightforce 240 Blitz HIDs|"chassis cab auxiliary switch bank mod"|Highway Products toolbox|Cobra 75 CB|PROUD AMERICAN FLAG
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Escham

Posted: 04-26-2012, 05:40 AM
State: NC
Post #2

Been waiting to see an ST. Nice truck. Looking forward to interior pics.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Fltrx120R

Posted: 04-26-2012, 06:43 AM
State: WI
Post #3

I'm liking the all white! Thought about an st but when I ordered they weren't available yet, need those interior picks! And any options?

2012 PW ST

Posted: 04-26-2012, 11:16 AM
CB
Post #4

Yeah, I've always liked solid white. Easy choice since my other fave of non-metallic desert sand/creme is a non-standard color that you have to wait until there are at least 5 total in the build queue for that color before they'll produce.

The interior is pretty much same looks-wise as an SLT, although they only offer the ST in the dark graystone/black interior. Another easy choice. There are little differences like no map light/power slider switch console overhead, no upper glovebox lid, no armrest in middle of backseat. The door panels are solid black rather than two-tone like SLT, and there's no leather wheel which I wanted since leather wheels get worn out faster with dirty hands, offroad use, etc.

Options I ordered were roof clearance lights, power TT mirrors, Uconnect, block heater, and spray in bedliner. I think that's all the options they offer on the ST anyway. The ST actually does come standard with carpet. But, just like the SLT and Laramie, the vinyl floor is a no-cost factory option.

Will get more pics up as mods come together.
Carli suspension/steering/Bilstein 5100s|Ranch Hand bumpers/headache rack/rails|Factory spray in bedliner|35/12.5/17 BFG KM2s on factory alloys|Lightforce 240 Blitz HIDs|"chassis cab auxiliary switch bank mod"|Highway Products toolbox|Cobra 75 CB|PROUD AMERICAN FLAG

2010wagon

Posted: 04-26-2012, 11:38 AM
State: CA
Post #5

You are a lucky SOB!!!

2012 PW ST

Posted: 04-26-2012, 11:43 AM
CB
Post #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010wagon View Post
You are a lucky SOB!!!
LOL....thanks. The harder you work the luckier you get though, right?

2010wagon

Posted: 04-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Post #7

When are you doing the front end upgrades?

2012 PW ST

Posted: 04-26-2012, 12:02 PM
CB
Post #8

Quote:
When are you doing the front end upgrades?
Safe estimate by late May. I have all the parts sitting here. Just gotta finish my aux. switch and WiredWagon relay bank wiring/install first so I have pre-wired for bumpers/headache rack/lights to then all go on next couple weeks.

I want that additional load on the truck before it goes in for full suspension/steering upgrades so it'll be adjusted a lot closer to accurate when done.

2010wagon

Posted: 04-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Post #9

You must have a large skull.

2012 PW ST

Posted: 04-26-2012, 12:10 PM
CB
Post #10

Quote:
You must have a large skull.
LMAO...and what makes you say that?

TwinStick

Posted: 04-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Post #11

Interesting----first, LOVE the truck. But the only other ST i have seen had body color fender flares. I really like the looks of the black ones on the white body color.
PurpleCrainium Diff Guards
K&N air filter --- WeatherGuard 20" black bed toolbox.
winch TPC bypass
Dual battery set up w/2 Sears DieHard Platinums-Gp 65 under hood-Gp 31 Marine deep cycle in bed toolbox w/plug-n-play set up. Custom 2000/4000w inverter set up w/quick connect. Triple bike mounts above the bed- custom made by me.
Crapload of recovery gear-always subject to adding more.
Fab Four rear bumper. Soon to be- a BuckStop Baja front bumper.--Temporarily on hold, see reason below.
Installed: Borgeson #000951 steering shaft. PSC steering brace(notched for PW by Rusty-thanks bud). Carli HD CroMo adjustable track bar. Carli CroMo control arms. Carli HD upper & lower balljoints x 2 sets (replaced under warrenty) & triple sealed u-joints in front axle shafts & rear driveshaft. Moog HD tierod ends x 4. Running total is now $4800. Yup, now i'm broke !!!

What, you ask, is the difference between a Dodge Ram and a PowerWagon ?? PW frame part # 55398868AC---Reg 2500 #55398813AC
About 2" taller, 12,000lb winch w/mounting brace between framerails,electronic disconnecting swaybar(for awsome articulation),electronic locking axles front & rear(for true 4-wheel drive),tow pkg, fully skidplated,forged one piece Alcoa rims w/internal beadlock lips,larger diameter(one ton) axleshaft in rear,160 amp alt,HD battery,4.56 gears,low range electronic recalibration of gas pedal sensitivity,more but thinner leafs in rear spring pack(for better articulation), 33" BFG All-Terrain tires. 78.016:1 crawl ratio. All for $6100.00 more! Oh yeah, almost forgot-Bilstein shocks. Gear ratios: 1st 6.29:1 2nd 3.48:1 3rd 2.10:1 4th 1.38:1 5th 1.0:1 6th .79:1.. Rev 5.74:1.

2012 PW ST

Posted: 04-26-2012, 12:27 PM
CB
Post #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinStick View Post
Interesting----first, LOVE the truck. But the only other ST i have seen had body color fender flares. I really like the looks of the black ones on the white body color.
Thanks. Yeah, black flares on white are my fave.

Strange you saw an ST w/ body colored flares. They're for sure only available in black from factory.

Someone must've painted them or you were actually looking at a Laramie. Maybe someone swapped them over from a Big Horn or something too. Some of those have the body colored flares.

2010wagon

Posted: 04-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Post #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 PW ST View Post
LMAO...and what makes you say that?
To house your brain that has common sense.

2012 PW ST

Posted: 04-26-2012, 01:02 PM
CB
Post #14

Quote:
To house your brain that has common sense.
Thanks. And a back at you.

It's average size...I only wear 7 3/8. LOL. Just not my first truck mod rodeo by any means.

04Ram2500Hemi

Posted: 04-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Same Name, Different Game
City: Missoula
State: MT
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #15

Welcome to the Power Wagon Club! That's one sharp truck. I look forward to seeing what you do with it down the road.
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, Two Vision X LED Lights on Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill

Gone But Never Forgotten!
2004 Ram 2500 4X4 SLT Quad Cab Hemi Silver Metallic, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Westin Nerf Bars Sprayed with Line-X, Bushwacker Extend A Fender Sprayed with Line-X, Rhino Lining in the Bed and Over the Rails, Truxedo Low Profile Tonneau Cover, Hell 500's Behind the Grill, Warn Front Receiver, KC Backup Lights, Custom Mounted Bumper Backup Lights, V-7 V Force Muffler, Auto Meter Transmission Temperature Gauge, SRT-10 Pillar Grab Handle, Kore Recon Suspension System, Kore Race Steering Damper, Kore Chase Control Arms, Kore Coil Spring Isolator, Kore End Links, 35x12.50 Mud Terrain SXT Tires, SRT-10 Hood, AEM Brute Force Intake, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Smoked Recon Cab Lights, Tuff Stuff 12,500 Pound Multi Point Winch

GunniPWguy

Posted: 04-26-2012, 02:33 PM
CHRISTINE
City: Frigidville
View This User's Garage
Post #16

Nice! Gotta love that new truck feelin!

2005 BLACK POWER WAGON

Power Wagon Owners Club #155
Currently Sporting: DT Profab Steering Brace, Gibson superflow catback single exhaust system, Locker Bypass, Moog ball joints (see how long they last), T-steering upgrade w/ Bilstein 5100 steering damper, Power everything, Heated leather seats, (keeps the better half happy) 6-CD changer, Infinity premium audio, Rear window defrost, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's 285/70/17, Customized H2 alloy wheels, VHT spray on the cab lights(stealth mode), Original rock rails with family friendly steps welded on, Hi-lift extreme jack, Tool box along with all the essential PW gear. New winch cable, Winch TPS bypass, Cardan joint grease zerk discovery.
The list is morphing.

Beer is just water that has reached its full potential!

btg0002

Posted: 04-26-2012, 02:49 PM
War Eagle!
City: Hoover
State: AL
Post #17

that looks great! I gotta stop getting on the 4th gen forums as they make me want to drive to my dealer and "acquire" one lol
PERFORMANCE: l jba shortie headers l hypertech max power programmer l Jet 180 tstat l e3 spark plugs l K&N CAI l magnaflow cat back dual exhaust l fastman ported TB l RP engine oil and rear diff fluid l bluetooth ODBII adapter for Torque app l
SUSPENSION: l 3 inch lift spindles l 2 inch coil spacer l bilstein 4600 shocks front l monroe load leveling shocks rear l TGC 1.5" rear lift blocks l 5" total lift front, 2.5" total lift rear l
APPEARANCE: l rhino lined bed l tonnomax tri fold bed cover l bed lined fender flares, rockers, bumpers l big mouth rivet grille l led tail lights l lamin-x tails and 3rd l led everything l HID heads and fogs l HID reverse lights l led reverse flood lights l debadged l hood spears l tinted windows l audio system l black headlights l black billet 15" stubby antenna l daytona tail light covers l
WHEELS/TIRES:l 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grappler l OEM 17s plastidipped black l

myoung84

Posted: 04-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Administrator
City: Broken Arrow
Post #18

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing it modded out!

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Vararam Intake | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks @ 2.1" | Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
Bora 1.25" Spacers | AirLift Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | Undercover LUX Bed Cover | BedRug

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Overland Hemi

Magnaflow Exhaust | Volant Intake | Diablo inTune w/Hemifever Tuning | BT Oil Catch Can

USMC1188

Posted: 04-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Takin' Care of Old Red
City: Hamilton
State: OH
View This User's Gallery
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #19

Man, that thing is nice. Great choice!

2007 Ram 2500 5.9 CTD 4X4 QCLB
AMSOIL from J&S Engine Lube 15W40 Heavy Duty Diesel and Marine Oil, Severe Gear 75W90 gear oil in front and rear differentials, and Signature Series ATF in transmission, transfer case, and power steering, 305/65R17 Mickey Thompson ATZs wrapped around black H2 rims, Red and Black SRT Hood, Pacer Clear LED Cablights, Painted Valve Cover, MagHytec Rear Differential Pan, Smarty S-06 Tuned, AFE Stage II CAI, AFE Deep Transmission Pan, Black SS 4" Diamond Eye Turbo Back Exhaust with Black 15" 4-6" Tip, Turbo-Silencer MIA, Autometer Phantom Pyro, Boost, and Trans Gauges in A Pillar, Bilstein 5100 shocks and steering stabilizer, BD Diesel Sway Bar Links, UPOL Raptor Spray-On Bedliner, Truxedo TruXport Bed Cover, Mostly Debadged

The 1948 P15 Project

Trucks and Guns Club #148
Red Truck Club #354
Military Truck Club #136

boostjunkie1

Posted: 04-26-2012, 10:07 PM
State: NC
Post #20

I gotta ask .... how much $$????? I can get into a base ST RAM 2500, 4X4 with the HEMI and 4.10's for $29,850...... I'm hoping for a quote around $34-35,000...