Vibration On The Right Front Wheel When Braking - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 02-27-2012, 05:59 AM
Hemi Von
Hemi Von

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Vibration On The Right Front Wheel When Braking

I have a 2006 Hemi Ram shortbed 2WD that I bought new, it now has 45K miles and I changed the front pads at 25K even though it did not need them, did not cut the rotors, they looked fine.

Have a nice set of Michelins on it with less then 10K miles. Recently noticed a bad vibration when braking from speed with and without the trailer, when driven just around town don't notice it, just when slowing down fast from highway speeds. Any help will be appreciated.

Hemi Von
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-27-2012, 10:02 AM
71'dart

Don't mean to hijack but I have a simular thing happen on my truck.2005 4x4 1500.

in town fine above 50 with moderate to heavy braking it pulsates.

also when backing up slowly and turning sometimes i get a humming noise.

It has 68000 miles and all 4 corners was upgrade to brakemotive drilled slotted rotors last fall maybe 10000 miles ago
#3 Old 02-27-2012, 01:45 PM
DodgeCares
Dodge Cares

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi Von View Post
I have a 2006 Hemi Ram shortbed 2WD that I bought new, it now has 45K miles and I changed the front pads at 25K even though it did not need them, did not cut the rotors, they looked fine.

Have a nice set of Michelins on it with less then 10K miles. Recently noticed a bad vibration when braking from speed with and without the trailer, when driven just around town don't notice it, just when slowing down fast from highway speeds. Any help will be appreciated.

Hemi Von
Von,

There was a TSB that could be related to your issue. I have posted it below.

NUMBER: 02-001-07 REV. A
GROUP: Suspension
DATE: March 31, 2007

SUBJECT:
When Braking The Vehicle May Drift To One Side Or Exhibits A Body Shudder
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves identifying the type of vehicle drift that may be present and
implementing the appropriate repair procedures for the type of vehicle drift.
MODELS:
2006 - 2007 (DR) Ram Truck (1500)
NOTE: This bulletin applies to 4x2 and 4x4 light duty (1500 model) vehicles built on
or before November 27, 2006 (MDH 1127XX).
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer when braking may experience a vehicle drift to one side and/or a vehicle
body shudder. This condition may be more noticeable when brakes are applied at speeds
of 88 km/h (55 mph). The vehicle body shudder may exhibit itself as: steering wheel shake,
brake pedal pulsation, or seat or floor vibration.
DIAGNOSIS:
1. Verify that all four (4) vehicle road tires are in good condition
2. Verify that the tire pressure in all four (4) vehicle road tires are set to 241 Kpa (35 psi).
3. Road test the vehicle in a safe environment on a flat and level road at a highway
speed of approximately 88 km/h (55 mph).
4. Without applying the vehicle brakes. Does the vehicle exhibit a drift to the left, right,
or both sides on a flat and level road? Record the direction of vehicle drift.
a. If YES >>> then perform the section of the Repair Procedure for “Front Tire
Cross-Switch and Front End Alignment”.
b. If NO >>> then proceed to the next step.
5. Apply the vehicle brakes. On a flat and level road, does the vehicle exhibit a shudder
or drift to the left, right, or both sides that is different than when the vehicle brakes are
not applied? Evaluate the vehicle when braking several times (during deceleration, at
the end of a stop, or during light, moderate, or hard stops).
NUMBER: 02-001-07 REV. A
GROUP: Suspension
DATE: March 31, 2007
a. If YES >>> then perform the section of the Repair Procedure for “Front Lower
Control Arm Bushings Replacement”.
b. If NO >>> then this bulletin does not apply.

Regina

U.S. Top Care
Chrysler Group LLC
#4 Old 02-27-2012, 02:16 PM
dizzyD
Registered MOPAR User

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
So the thoughts, Seperated belt on tire (Dont hear of it with Michilins), Draging caliper causing rotor to warp, Rotor warpped due to heavy braking, Control arm bolts loose or control arm bushings bad.

2012 Challenger SXT+ 220ci 5 speed, blackberry pearl, FM xxMM, diablo in-tune I1000, Carbon fiber pedal covers, 11% tint

1999 Durango SLT+ leather, 360ci 4x4, hughes plenum rebuild, superchips 3865, tow pkg, 3.55 LSD, rear tail light guard, K&N CAI, FM 50MM TB, crystal clear headlights, Torsion/shackle lift, Rancho RSX's, Pacesetter headers, dual trans & oil temp a-pillar pod, chrome deep trans pan, drilled & slotted rotors, 10 disc cd changer.

2004 Ram 1500 SLT 2WD QC LB 345ci, FM 84MM TB, slotted brake rotors, step bar, diamond plate pedals, locking gas door, tow package w/ 3.55 lsd, Hellwig LP-15, shell and carpet kit, 18% door window tint, Magnaflow 12641, Slammed1's 3" spindle lift and 2.5 coil spacer, rear lift shackles, Airraid MIT, superchips 3815, 6K front winch & custom Winch Plate, Autometer phantom trans gauge mounted in Mopar SRT A-Pillar single pod, lumber/roof rack, Rancho 9000X shocks, ATS fender flairs, 1" BL, gap guards, black grille, silver painted bezel(soon 2b white)
Next: HD rear lift bags

Gone but not forgotten 93 factory freak CC dakota lifted 4x4 318
#5 Old 02-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Hemi Von
Hemi Von

(Thread Starter)
Chris, thanks for your quick and very complete reply, I am going to jack it up and check the control arms. Hemi Von
#6 Old 02-28-2012, 10:25 AM
DodgeCares
Dodge Cares

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi Von View Post
Chris, thanks for your quick and very complete reply, I am going to jack it up and check the control arms. Hemi Von

Hemi Von,

Hope it helps you figure out your problem.

Regina

U.S. Top Care
Chrysler Group LLC
#7 Old 02-28-2012, 10:44 AM
sony224422

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Classic warped rotor. For what it's worth, ive always been told to do pads and rotors as a set. They wear to each other and when new is put with old, different contact points and wear. Rotors aren't that expensive to just replace with pads anyways..

2004 QCSB 2500 hemi with 4.10s Laramie

Back rack with whelen freedom 2 light bar (custom made by me with extras) Whelen Par 36 aircraft landing lights behind the grill, Whelen par 36 spot lights for reverse lights, Whelen strip lights in the bed (6 in total), Whelen cencom to control everything
In bed tool box with lights and extra battery with isolator and also a solenoid to connect both batteries together if i need to
Color matched grill,
Fox box with 2 diamond d3 12's with Diamond d3 600.1 amp
SRT-10 a pillar with trans temp gauge
Mag-tec trans pan
Superchips 3865 with trans tuning
Nitto trail grapplers
POWER WAGON WINCH SET UP
Alpine ina-w900bt with reverse camera
Alpine type r 2 ways in the doors powered by alpine pdx-f4
steering box brace
sound deading
Big 3 done with 4 gauge
E-fan
POR-15 the frame and under body
Jimmy jammers
#8 Old 02-28-2012, 10:53 AM
sony224422

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Also check to make sure both sliders on the calipers are free

2004 QCSB 2500 hemi with 4.10s Laramie

Back rack with whelen freedom 2 light bar (custom made by me with extras) Whelen Par 36 aircraft landing lights behind the grill, Whelen par 36 spot lights for reverse lights, Whelen strip lights in the bed (6 in total), Whelen cencom to control everything
In bed tool box with lights and extra battery with isolator and also a solenoid to connect both batteries together if i need to
Color matched grill,
Fox box with 2 diamond d3 12's with Diamond d3 600.1 amp
SRT-10 a pillar with trans temp gauge
Mag-tec trans pan
Superchips 3865 with trans tuning
Nitto trail grapplers
POWER WAGON WINCH SET UP
Alpine ina-w900bt with reverse camera
Alpine type r 2 ways in the doors powered by alpine pdx-f4
steering box brace
sound deading
Big 3 done with 4 gauge
E-fan
POR-15 the frame and under body
Jimmy jammers
#9 Old 02-28-2012, 04:05 PM
dizzyD
Registered MOPAR User

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I typically get 3 to 1 on the brakepads to rotor, doing 1 to one is throwing away $. Its different if your warping your rotor by end of pad life.

2012 Challenger SXT+ 220ci 5 speed, blackberry pearl, FM xxMM, diablo in-tune I1000, Carbon fiber pedal covers, 11% tint

1999 Durango SLT+ leather, 360ci 4x4, hughes plenum rebuild, superchips 3865, tow pkg, 3.55 LSD, rear tail light guard, K&N CAI, FM 50MM TB, crystal clear headlights, Torsion/shackle lift, Rancho RSX's, Pacesetter headers, dual trans & oil temp a-pillar pod, chrome deep trans pan, drilled & slotted rotors, 10 disc cd changer.

2004 Ram 1500 SLT 2WD QC LB 345ci, FM 84MM TB, slotted brake rotors, step bar, diamond plate pedals, locking gas door, tow package w/ 3.55 lsd, Hellwig LP-15, shell and carpet kit, 18% door window tint, Magnaflow 12641, Slammed1's 3" spindle lift and 2.5 coil spacer, rear lift shackles, Airraid MIT, superchips 3815, 6K front winch & custom Winch Plate, Autometer phantom trans gauge mounted in Mopar SRT A-Pillar single pod, lumber/roof rack, Rancho 9000X shocks, ATS fender flairs, 1" BL, gap guards, black grille, silver painted bezel(soon 2b white)
Next: HD rear lift bags

Gone but not forgotten 93 factory freak CC dakota lifted 4x4 318
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.